Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wealthy and Woke

WVK

15 minutes ago, WVK said:

Wokeness is not really about fairness for minorities, the oppressed, and the poor, past or present. It is mostly a self-confessional cult of anointed bullies — and hypocrites of all races and genders — who seek to flex, and increase, their own privilege and power.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/04/wealthy-and-woke/

I'm just waiting for you to tell us about your personal experiences as an underprivileged minority living in an impoverished neighborhood.  Are you going to quote Der Sturmer next? 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, HSlim said:

I'm just waiting for you to tell us about your personal experiences as an underprivileged minority living in an impoverished neighborhood.  Are you going to quote Der Sturmer next? 

Which has what to do about the article?

• The title was changed to Wealthy and Woke
14 minutes ago, WVK said:

Which has what to do about the article?

You're using a story from an opinion publication started by a guy who was angry that black people could use the same water fountains that he could use as a source to back up your opinion that minorities aren't actually dealing with any sort of oppression but are rather just trying to expand their "privileges."  So by all means, why don't you tell us what that privilege is, since you're in the gaslighting mood?   And then, tell us about your personal experiences with said privilege that makes you think you have the right to tell minorities about their personal experiences. 

Edited by HSlim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, HSlim said:

You're using a story from an opinion publication started by a guy who was angry that black people could use the same water fountains that he could use as a source to back up your opinion that minorities aren't actually dealing with any sort of oppression but are rather just trying to expand their "privileges."  So by all means, why don't you tell us what that privilege is, since you're in the gaslighting mood?   And then, tell us about your personal experiences with said privilege that makes you think you have the right to tell minorities about their personal experiences. 

I haven’t expressed any  opinion.  Would like to hear yours on the content of the article.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WVK said:

I haven’t expressed any  opinion.  Would like to hear yours on the content of the article.

My opinion?  The article is a crock written by a bitter white guy who's upset that minorities are making progress. 

33 minutes ago, WVK said:

He didn't read it.    

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HSlim said:

My opinion?  The article is a crock written by a bitter white guy who's upset that minorities are making progress. 

I am getting the opinion that maybe you have been a victim of white racism?  yes?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WVK said:

I am getting the opinion that maybe you have been a victim of white racism?  yes?

At this point, I don't really care much about your opinion

4 hours ago, HSlim said:

The article is about the cynical way that big corporate types are woke when it's convenient to be but hold their wokeness to different standards if there is money to be made.  Like the NBA being huge supporters of BLM but ignore the genocide being committed by their biggest foreign market, China.  In other words woke as long as it doesn't affect their bottom line.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, WVK said:

Wokeness is not really about fairness ........ It is mostly a self-confessional cult of anointed bullies  and hypocrites who seek to flex and increase, their own privilege and power.

5 hours ago, HSlim said:

Point proven right there?