Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Off-duty Pentagon official kills two people

Eldorado

Two people have died after an off-duty Pentagon Force Protection Agency Police Officer opened fire when he allegedly saw them trying to steal a car.

According to a press release from the Takoma Park Police Department, "officers responded to multiple reports of shots fired in the parking lot area of the Takoma Overlook Condominiums," just northeast of DC around 5am on Wednesday.

They were approached at the scene by the Pentagon officer who told them that he had seen "what he thought was a car being broken into. He engaged the suspects who failed to follow his direction. The suspects attempted to flee in a vehicle at which time the officer discharged his service weapon".

MSN

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

So, he judges that a property crime is underway and when the suspects refuse to follow his directions he kills them?  My understanding of the justifiable use of deadly force is that it can only be used against fleeing suspects when the cop has a valid reason to believe the runners may imminently harm or kill innocents.

• Like 6

David Hall Dixon, a Pentagon Force Protection Agency police officer who was off duty at the time of a fatal shooting in Maryland, has been charged with second-degree murder for allegedly killing two people, Takoma Park police said Friday.

The victims were identified by the Takoma Park police as Dominique Williams, 32, and James Lionel Johnson, 38.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/off-duty-pentagon-police-officer-charged-murder-allegedly/story?id=76972072

Williams and Johnson were both shot in the back.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Death penalty for car theft? What is the penalty for Bobby Car theft? Whipping? And for urinating in a Bouncy castle? Banishment? Coca-Cola Sharia somehow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

good riddance,  good job mister pentagon cop

Nazi.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, toast said:

Nazi.

A german calling a jew a nazi :lol:  Life is fun!

• Haha 4

Just now, OverSword said:

A german calling a jew a nazi :lol:  Life is fun!

Are Germans are Nazis by birth?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, and then said:

So, he judges that a property crime is underway and when the suspects refuse to follow his directions he kills them?  My understanding of the justifiable use of deadly force is that it can only be used against fleeing suspects when the cop has a valid reason to believe the runners may imminently harm or kill innocents.

Yeah basically.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Pentagon released a statement Friday saying that Dixon "remains in an administrative leave status pending the results of an internal administrative investigation."

They have enough information to fire the SOB.  Why are police being protected even when it is obvious they should not be.  I know sometimes it is because of contracts signed with unions but this is over board.    Two people died and he was off duty outside of his jurisdiction, he was the only shooter, that should be an immediate firing offense.  Especially since no other lives were in danger, he can't claim he was protecting anyone.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, toast said:

Are Germans are Nazis by birth?

No, just humorless :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

that is very smart, to overcharge him before blm raises stink,  then latter there will be no evidence to show premeditated murder,   and the cop goes free,  smart move DA, 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, and then said:

maybe he saw one of them point something towards him that looked like a gun.  opened fire and got both of them.

in any case, none of them will ever be stealing any car, or commit  any crime. 

Edited by aztek
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

David Hall Dixon, a Pentagon Force Protection Agency police officer who was off duty at the time of a fatal shooting in Maryland, has been charged with second-degree murder for allegedly killing two people, Takoma Park police said Friday.

The victims were identified by the Takoma Park police as Dominique Williams, 32, and James Lionel Johnson, 38.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/off-duty-pentagon-police-officer-charged-murder-allegedly/story?id=76972072

Williams and Johnson were both shot in the back.

another sad example of an incompetent LEO getting over zealous and going too far and killing people who didnt deserve a death sentence.

Perhaps he can share a cell with chauvin, birds of a feather.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, aztek said:

maybe he saw one of them point something towards him that looked like a gun.  opened fire and got both of them.

in any case, none of them will ever be stealing any car, or commit  any crime. 

If there was a weapon in the vehicle, I'd re-evaluate the opinion.  The only part of this I don't yet understand is why the streets are on fire yet.  

6 minutes ago, and then said:

If there was a weapon in the vehicle, I'd re-evaluate the opinion.  The only part of this I don't yet understand is why the streets are on fire yet.  

Even if there was a weapon in the vehicle, obviously he wasn't being threatened by it since they were shot in the back.

It’s not the only off-duty legal trouble Dixon has found himself in Friday.

Police said they will soon be filing charges in connection with a May 2020 incident after receiving new evidence.

Dixon at the time had used pepper-spray on a homeless woman who he said attacked him in the lobby of his apartment complex. Police determined she was going through a mental health crisis and took her to a hospital and no charges were filed.

But police said video given to them Friday showed Dixon at one point had also threatened her with a shotgun.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pentagon-police-officer-david-hall-dixon-murder-charges

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Police said they will soon be filing charges in connection with a May 2020 incident after receiving new evidence.

Dixon at the time had used pepper-spray on a homeless woman who he said attacked him in the lobby of his apartment complex. Police determined she was going through a mental health crisis and took her to a hospital and no charges were filed.

But police said video given to them Friday showed Dixon at one point had also threatened her with a shotgun.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pentagon-police-officer-david-hall-dixon-murder-charges

can we just ignore the past, like we did with mike brown?

21 hours ago, Eldorado said:

That man needs to be in a mental ward for evaluation, he obviously has mental problems.   How could he be so crazy and still be employed by the feds as a cop?

• Like 2

On 4/10/2021 at 9:41 AM, and then said:

Probably due the melanin content of the skin of the two dead car thieves and the lack of rabble rousing by the media. The BOM isn’t president anymore, so there’s no need to continue with the “racism is the law, and the law is racist” rhetoric. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2021 at 12:41 AM, and then said:

The killer looks more Asian than White American.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/pentagon-officer-charged-murder-pulled-gun-homeless-woman/story?id=76994608

On 4/9/2021 at 4:52 PM, and then said:

Exactly.

My car is locked and my friend is helping me get in it because I cannot afford a locksmith.

Some guy with a gun walks up and we fearing for our lives attempt to flee, and he kills us.

Did he really know what was going on, and just execute them? Utterly ridiculous. 

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1