Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Masculine men make better fathers

33 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

spartan max2
39 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

That would have indeed been good.  I know it is my personal bias, but engineers sometimes belittle social workers studies and statistics as being  too undisciplined.  Admittedly it is so much easier with physical processes than behavior. 

A difficulty in many psych studies are getting participants.

I imagine dudes who aren't around or just not too interested in their kids lives would be agree to take the time to answer a questionaire about it and to be observed interacting with his children and spouse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
jmccr8
3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Believe it or not there are real men in Canada too.  The call them Hockey players.  they strive to win and dominate at all costs.  Criticize them.  Go ahead.

Hi OVERSWORD

As a Canadian I don't play hockey but look like I did in the old days.:lol:

jmccr8

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi OVERSWORD

As a Canadian I don't play hockey but look like I did in the old days.:lol:

jmccr8

I’m just joking around. I’m well aware that Canadians men are not milk sops, just extra polite manly men that apologize while kicking your ass :D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I’m just joking around. I’m well aware that Canadians men are not milk sops, just extra polite manly men that apologize while kicking your ass :D

Hi Oversword

Spoken like a true a$$kicker :lol:

jmccr8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

image.jpeg.8ffb999063a427babbb9dc530b40ff20.jpeg

30 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Oversword

Spoken like a true a$$kicker :lol:

jmccr8

True metal heads know the real Thor is from Vancouver brother 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"...competitive, daring, adventurous, dominant, aggressive, courageous and stands up to pressure" men make for better fathers than self-absorbed, big girl's blouse men or violent selfish peckerhead men.

You know what’s missing? Supportive. Trusting. Reliable. Traits like that. 
But you’re right, a present father is better than a violent douche. Odd that “aggressive” is on the list, where do you draw the line there? How much aggressive is too much? Only beating rhe children once a month? Only ever verbally abusing the wife once every couple of weeks? 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
58 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You know what’s missing? Supportive. Trusting. Reliable. Traits like that. 
But you’re right, a present father is better than a violent douche. Odd that “aggressive” is on the list, where do you draw the line there? How much aggressive is too much? Only beating rhe children once a month? Only ever verbally abusing the wife once every couple of weeks? 

Maybe a better word is assertive 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8

I don't know but for me being masculine is not the same as macho, an alpha doesn't repress but directs attitudes

jmccr8

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.