Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian official admits staging bogus yeti sightings

Eldorado

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

This photo is unreal, or surreal. 

Taken by explorer, Steve Berry, it is on Gangkar Punsum in Bhutan at 14,000 feet elevation, in an area that locals say no human has ever entered.

Yeti Prints on Gangkar Punsum Bhutan - Travel Experiences | Mountain Kingdoms

Image result for Pics Steve Berry Bhutan Mountain Yeti Prints. Size: 190 x 102. Source: ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com

Yeti-Bhutan-full.jpg

That is one high altitude bunny wabbit...

razzing you a little... but as an outdoorsman, nothing makes that track in nature that we know of.... yet

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

No human ever entered...to take a pic, yeah right ;)

A bigfoot cliché; no human ever goes there . . .  but you're there, aren't you?  I prefer Yogi: "That joint's so popular, no one ever goes there anymore."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Everyone knows Russian sheep wear clown shoes in the snow.

Just so you won't have to read the whole thread, Al,.. Steve Berry had two prior expeditions to Bhutan and recorded Yeti tracks (so he believes) in those two expeditions.

In this 3rd expedition to Gangkhar Puensum in Bhutan, Berry found the eDNA in the water of a lake on that mountain that was 99% human, but not human. That's the setting here.
With that said, strictly as an aside, the team also discovered some tracks from an animal that their trackers did not know what it was, so they tested that snow from a print for eDNA.

At NO TIME, did Steve Berry or anyone on the team ever hint that it was Yeti DNA or that they even thought that it might be. In fact, they knew that it wasn't Yeti tracks.
The test proved that the DNA was that of a sheep, the largest variety in the world, Some silly people who are not well read or well bred think this was a DNA test that
showed Steve Berry to be a hoaxer and was caught. Silly rabbits :). that was hardly the case and that aspect of his tour may not even be discussed here. No real need.

Anyway, as it stands *right now*... the DNA of some unknown hominid has been found atop that mountain, Gangkhar Puensum, in Bhutan and has not been figured out,
nor has it  been quote-un-quote "debunked".  Nobody knows what it is. It's DNA from some non-human hominid. 

Enjoy the thread, mon ami  :rolleyes:

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
typo
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Anyway, as it stands *right now*... the DNA of some unknown hominid has been found atop that mountain, Gangkhar Puensum, in Bhutan and has not been figured out,
nor has it  been quote-un-quote "debunked".  Nobody knows what it is. It's DNA from some non-human hominid.   :rolleyes:

There's no reason to debunk something that has never been bunked.  The claim that non-human hominid DNA has been found has not met its burden of proof'; the claim of 99% human (whatever that means) has never been demonstrated, much less reproduced beyond said claim.  

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Everyone knows Russian sheep wear clown shoes in the snow.

:sleepy:

On 4/16/2021 at 2:23 PM, the13bats said:

I can lead a horse to knowledge but i cant make it think.

3 hours ago, Resume said:

There's no reason to debunk something that has never been bunked.  The claim that non-human hominid DNA has been found has not met its burden of proof'; the claim of 99% human (whatever that means) has never been demonstrated, much less reproduced beyond said claim.  

I asked for the accredited publised for peer review research papers and tests, it was never posted.

Berry expeditions have never proven anything even berry admits that, the man didnt even know sheep tracks when he saw them so an expert clued him in.

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

I asked for the accredited publised for peer review research papers and tests, it was never posted.

Berry expeditions have never proven anything even berry admits that, the man didnt even know sheep tracks when he saw them so an expert clued him in.

….aaaaaand we pointed out in another thread where in a Berry expedition where DNA samples were taken the results showed they were samples from a bear.

Round and round we go....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Trelane said:

….aaaaaand we pointed out in another thread where in a Berry expedition where DNA samples were taken the results showed they were samples from a bear.

Its pretty easy to see who are here to discuss the topic and who are just trolling.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 12:29 PM, Resume said:

There's no reason to debunk something that has never been bunked.

EoT: I never said, nor did Steve Berry or his eDNA expert, Eva Bellemain ever say that the DNA was proof of *anything*. But my how the goal posts have been moved. 
One of your "like" admirers was one of the posters that *proved* that the Berry findings were debunked. Now he is thanking you for proving there was nothing to debunk to begin with?

You do have to understand why I think I am dealing with a collection of juveniles, right. Jeeeeeeeeezus. :hmm: how sad

The claim that non-human hominid DNA has been found has not met its burden of proof'; the claim of 99% human (whatever that means) has never been demonstrated, much less reproduced beyond said claim.  

True true. Nor has the evidence been debunked either. As Bill Belichick would say, "It is what it is".

Resume, you don't have to believe any of it. Just please do not dictate to me what *I* must believe, unless you have proof.

Have a nice day. :sk

14 hours ago, Trelane said:

Another clever deflection, Trelane??? We weren't discussing *another* expedition of Berry. (He had three to Gangkhar Puensum in Bhutan).
Do you suppose that if you show he found BEAR DNA in another expedition, people will believe he found BEAR DNA is this one, too? Uh huh.

If you wish to add that info into the mix, please post it. I have not seen such a claim but whatever. Don't b'yotch about it, post it up.
Unlike some people in here, I am in search of the truth, not in one-sided propaganda telling me what I want to hear.

I have bothered to do the research here. The only bear that exists in Bhutan is the Himalayan black bear. There are no brown bear, no polar bear, and
no "Ancient" mythical bear that is of polar bear and brown bear mix. The black bear of Bhutan will live in mountains but not above the tree line (12K feet)

Which means, there is no bear whatsoever at the altitude on that mountain that Berry found the lake with the eDNA showing an unknown hominid.
Sure am glad you people noticed that post! Yessir!! And btw, not to be a real stickler here, but what *kind* of bear did Berry supposedly discover? 
Can we have that in a link,, please? Yes I am calling you out. Not buying it. I have not seen such a thing in my research as Berry getting bear DNA.

Bear. How sad. :hmm:

49 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

True true. Nor has the evidence been debunked either. As Bill Belichick would say, "It is what it is".

Resume, you don't have to believe any of it. Just please do not dictate to me what *I* must believe, unless you have proof.

Have a nice day. :sk

Proof of what?  You have it backwards.  Non-human Hominid has not been shown to exist; a claim as to such has been made, and claims are not evidence.  If you wish to believe this claim is evidence, that is your feature, but a claim of 99% human (whatever that means) has not been demonstrated.  That would entail much more data: provenance of sample; chain of custody (how it was handled to prevent contamination), lab where the sample was blasted; CV of person doing the sequencing; sequence made available for independent analysis; publication where data were submitted, etc.

You have not presented any evidence for the claim beyond the claim.

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Which means, there is no bear whatsoever at the altitude on that mountain that Berry found the lake with the eDNA showing an unknown hominid.
:hmm:

Bald assertion.  You have not submitted evidence sufficient to justify that claim beyond the claim itself.  That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Resume said:

Bald assertion.  You have not submitted evidence sufficient to justify that claim beyond the claim itself.  That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Im waiting for the accredited scientific work publised for peer review making claims of unknown hominid DNA and so far nothing, zero zip.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Trelane said:

Im not ready to call berry a hoaxer just yet as some do, he may just be ignorant to some things.

i do find some theories like yeti is a sheep wearing funny shoes outright riduclous but those are just the beevis butthead types braying for attention.

Its a bit odd, i can not find anything online that says steve berry found unknown hominid DNA,  i have this, ( which has been posted here before and ignored by uninformed believers in denial )

https://kuenselonline.com/the-yeti-why-bhutanese-believe-it-exists/

Which includes,

Conclusion:

The DNA lifted from the bi-pedal footprints in 2017 from Ziga phu were tested and found to be that of the Argali Sheep.  It is a huge sheep found on the Tibetan Plateau which had thought to have been hunted down by bounty hunters to extinction. While there have been occasional sightings of it in Bhutan, this is the first scientific evidence of the majestic sheep. 

The expedition found some evidence of unusual human like faeces. This is also surprising considering the remoteness and the tough habitat of the terrain. The most  interesting finding was that the sample were a 99% match with human faeces.   This is most interesting. When you consider that Gorillas have a 98% match with humans this could be a significant find.

Like Steve Berry believes, “it could be that some tribes people in Bhutan are not yet registered in the human DNA ‘library’.   In other words, we were left in doubt.   No solid proof one way or the other.”

In Bhutan, we are convinced through the multiple reasons that  the yeti exists but  we are in no hurry to produce evidence of the Migyo. While there is certainly a  biological being behind the mythology, we believe that it will not be in the shape and form that Westerners have romanticised it to be.

forfif 

for myself since im not trying to make up stuff or joke my way out of being mistaken the logical rational take away is SBerry was sincere but wrong  he thought some odd tracks were bipedial but no, when track experts got involved and DNA he supplied from the tracks was tested  it turned out to be a rare sheep which didnt even need special shoes to make the tracks that fooled berry.

Then we have scat that was found in a remote spot, not so remote as not to be found by the expedition, its 99% human not 98% gorilla, never do they claim "not human" those saying that are making it up.

they were showing that the DNA berry found was human to the point most judges would accept it in paternity claims. Its no reach until someone publishes a peer reviewed work to contest it that some indigenous person or expedition member had to drop a load and what they found was human scat.

This theory is fully supported by berry himself when he suggests 

“it could be that some tribes people in Bhutan are not yet registered in the human DNA ‘library’.  

So Berry himself is suggesting that the scat is simple mundane human. also this would suggest berry believes in an unregister human of the remote area.

Thats is further suggested and dupported here...

"While there is certainly a  biological being behind the mythology, we believe that it will not be in the shape and form that Westerners have romanticised it to be."

We all know what they mean by that.

Of course we will wait for any peer reviewed published scientific work to come out to support the claims true believers appear to be making up out of desperation.

Until they present their proof this dead horse is well beaten.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Another clever deflection, Trelane??? We weren't discussing *another* expedition of Berry. (He had three to Gangkhar Puensum in Bhutan).
Do you suppose that if you show he found BEAR DNA in another expedition, people will believe he found BEAR DNA is this one, too? Uh huh.

If you wish to add that info into the mix, please post it. I have not seen such a claim but whatever. Don't b'yotch about it, post it up.
Unlike some people in here, I am in search of the truth, not in one-sided propaganda telling me what I want to hear.

I've done it in another thread which torpedoed your assertation. The Berry expedition that was featured in the "Yeti or Not" documentary is what we've discussed in the exact area you cite. That is the one Berry expedition that took samples to be tested that initially were classified as "unknown" were subsequently tested and were verified to be of a bear. I'm not playing errand boy. Go to the other thread and read it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2021 at 2:05 PM, Resume said:

Proof of what?  You have it backwards.  Non-human Hominid has not been shown to exist; a claim as to such has been made, and claims are not evidence.  If you wish to believe this claim is evidence, that is your feature, but a claim of 99% human (whatever that means) has not been demonstrated.  That would entail much more data: provenance of sample; chain of custody (how it was handled to prevent contamination), lab where the sample was blasted; CV of person doing the sequencing; sequence made available for independent analysis; publication where data were submitted, etc.

You have not presented any evidence for the claim beyond the claim.

But if the eDNA said it was "bear", you'd take claim as is and call it PROOF. 

ya ya ya, :sm  been there done that.

On 4/19/2021 at 2:07 PM, Resume said:

Well then dismiss it and - well, you know the rest.

20 hours ago, Trelane said:

I've done it in another thread which torpedoed your assertation. The Berry expedition that was featured in the "Yeti or Not" documentary is what we've discussed in the exact area you cite. That is the one Berry expedition that took samples to be tested that initially were classified as "unknown" were subsequently tested and were verified to be of a bear. I'm not playing errand boy. Go to the other thread and read it again.

Get the link or you're just blowing smoke. And it better be the expedition with world renowned geneticist Eva Bellemain, who is the eDNA scientist on board.

• Haha 1

Dont try to play some lame burden of proof bs slick,

You never post links to back up your claims, prove me wrong post links to back up...

45 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Get the link or you're just blowing smoke. And it better be the expedition with world renowned geneticist Eva Bellemain, who is the eDNA scientist on board.

Post your proof of that expedition then post the accredited published for peer review DNA proving non human hominid, yep calling out your endless bs, post links or admit you have nothing anything else is a lame telling excuse.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2021 at 2:07 PM, Resume said:

Well, then, dismiss it and your job is done.  Bye.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

But if the eDNA said it was "bear", you'd take claim as is and call it PROOF. 

ya ya ya, :sm  been there done that.

Yes, because there are bears, and lions and tigers, oh my.*. There is no evidence for Yeti in this case beyond claims made by a self-promoter.  When evidence is submitted beyond a claim of 99% human (whatever that means) that is the time to determine if that evidence is sufficient to the claim.

* I don't use the word "proof" unless I'm talking about math;  Bears have been shown to exist. as have Argali sheep and humans.  The cryptid known as Yeti, not so much, especially in this case.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well then dismiss it and - well, you know the rest.

I have dismissed it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked