Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian official admits staging bogus yeti sightings

Eldorado

6 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, then, dismiss it and your job is done.  Bye.

I'll decide when I leave.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Trelane said:

I've done it in another thread which torpedoed your assertation. The Berry expedition that was featured in the "Yeti or Not" documentary is what we've discussed in the exact area you cite. That is the one Berry expedition that took samples to be tested that initially were classified as "unknown" were subsequently tested and were verified to be of a bear. I'm not playing errand boy. Go to the other thread and read it again.

At no time did the original video ever have anybody - Steve Berry or  Eva Bellemain or anyone else ever say "bear". There are no bear whatsoever at the altitude they were at.

RAOnline Bhutan: Bhutan's Nature - Animals - Himalayan black bears

Himalayan black bear

Himalayan black bear Ursus thibetanus
"The Himalayan Black Bear is a widespread denizen of temperate forests at elevations between 550 m and 3,700" - (note: 3,700m=12,140  feet.)

"Bhutan only has one kind of black bear and it does not go above the tree line on mountains (about 12000 feet) which as much lower in altitude as to where the Yeti tracks were found by Berry in pervious expeditions (15000 feet, about) , and where the DNA from an unknown hominid was found in a lake (about 24,000 feet)

"Gangkhar Puensum is the highest mountain in Bhutan at 24,836 feet (7,570 meters) in elevation."

It was NO chucking BEAR.

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

. . .  where the DNA from an unknown hominid was found in a lake (about 24,000 feet)

Bare (not bear) assertion; not established.

It was NO chucking BEAR.

Bare (and bear) assertion.  You have no way of knowing this.  None.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

At no time did the original video ever have anybody - Steve Berry or  Eva Bellemain or anyone else ever say "bear". There are no bear whatsoever at the altitude they were at.

RAOnline Bhutan: Bhutan's Nature - Animals - Himalayan black bears

Himalayan black bear

Himalayan black bear Ursus thibetanus
"The Himalayan Black Bear is a widespread denizen of temperate forests at elevations between 550 m and 3,700" - (note: 3,700m=12,140  feet.)

"Bhutan only has one kind of black bear and it does not go above the tree line on mountains (about 12000 feet) which as much lower in altitude as to where the Yeti tracks were found by Berry in pervious expeditions (15000 feet, about) , and where the DNA from an unknown hominid was found in a lake (about 24,000 feet)

"Gangkhar Puensum is the highest mountain in Bhutan at 24,836 feet (7,570 meters) in elevation."

It was NO chucking BEAR.

Why are you so obsessed that someone dropped a pipping hot loaf in some lake, stop crying and post your link to published for peer review DNA reports showing non human hominid,  you cant do it because there isnt one to post,

EoT= epic fail.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

"Bhutan only has one kind of black bear and it does not go above the tree line on mountains (about 12000 feet)

Not trying to rub salt in your failure but you never proved this claim.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Why are you so obsessed that someone dropped a pipping hot loaf in some lake, stop crying and post your link to published for peer review DNA reports showing non human hominid,  you cant do it because there isnt one to post,

EoT= epic fail.

What's worse is changing the wording of the unevidenced claim from "99% human" (whatever that means) to that of non-human hominid.  It moves the repeated unevidenced claim from dishonest to ****ing dishonest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Not trying to rub salt in your failure but you never proved this claim.

It also ignores the fact that animals migrate from historical ranges all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Resume said:

It also ignores the fact that animals migrate from historical ranges all the time.

He played this same game with his washington cap UFO picture that never existed being real, i think he makes up stuff as he goes along.

Edited by the13bats

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Dont try to play some lame burden of proof bs slick,

You never post links to back up your claims, prove me wrong post links to back up...

Post your proof of that expedition then post the accredited published for peer review DNA proving non human hominid, yep calling out your endless bs, post links or admit you have nothing anything else is a lame telling excuse.

@the13bats, he is obviously extremely limited in simple search engine skills. The very expedition that he has now shifted to was also proven to be not what he claims;

https://kuenselonline.com/the-yeti-why-bhutanese-believe-it-exists/

"Evans was backed by world renowned geneticist Eva Bellemain."

There were no samples or evidence collected that was labeled as "unknown hominid".  Upon further analysis, yet another fail.

But as sure as the sun rises, he'll come back and say that's not the expedition he was referencing.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

This photo is unreal, or surreal. 

Taken by explorer, Steve Berry, it is on Gangkar Punsum in Bhutan at 14,000 feet elevation, in an area that locals say no human has ever entered.

Yeti Prints on Gangkar Punsum Bhutan - Travel Experiences | Mountain Kingdoms

Image result for Pics Steve Berry Bhutan Mountain Yeti Prints. Size: 190 x 102. Source: ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com

Yeti-Bhutan-full.jpg

So guys.... I actually am embarrassed to admit how much time I put into this research the last 2 days.

im still convinced nothing natural makes these tracks.

ive actually gone over every high altitude sheep/goat track even when they are on the run.

I think a better thread would be over wtf these tracks are.

Its not a primate and as far as I can tell any animal I can think of. I’ve emailed a few zoologists I went to school with quite begrudgingly and so far just some wild answers.

1 hour ago, Nobu said:

So guys.... I actually am embarrassed to admit how much time I put into this research the last 2 days.

ive actually gone over every high altitude sheep/goat track even when they are on the run.

Its not a primate and as far as I can tell any animal I can think of. I’ve emailed a few zoologists I went to school with quite begrudgingly and so far just some wild answers.

I find this stuff intriguing so i do not consider it time wasted when i do my research on things like this.

Our first hurdle with identifying these tracks is to throw away all predetermined notions and opinions,  IE S Berry assuming they are unknown and bipedal and the weak arguement that limited culprits are there to make the tracks obviously if SB was there to find and photograph them and collect DNA  then they simply are not all that remote.

We also have a very limited data to go on, the photo quality isnt great and we have nothing to accurately gauge size, we can see that that some morphing has occurred.

No, this trackwave doesnt look primate or human but how about berry insisting bipedal? What hurt him a lot was they allegedly found sheep DNA in the tracks which really bugs me that means they were right there with the tracks and these are the best pix SB can submit for analysis? It would seem so.

I have serious questions why an expedition hunting yeti didnt take better pictures and casts of alleged tracks, which would have been just as easy as getting the DNA sample.

I also know from at least 40 years interest in the subject many small animals leave prints like this in snow they do not look all that odd.

Pictures of Tracks are great but it might as well have been left by a goat in funny shoes because in context this trackwave yeilds very little confimiable data and being DNA taken from it tested as sheep then its a dead end right there.

I also can not rule out hoax or someone getting one over on the expedition at this point we need the foot that made the print.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Resume said:

Bare (not bear) assertion; not established.

Bare (and bear) assertion.  You have no way of knowing this.  None.

It appears, Resume, that you wish to play the courtroom lawyer. You know I placed a link right above you. 
The text clearly states black bears will exist up to 3700 meters in the mountains, just shy of the tree line (12139.1076 feet high)

you saw this and you have the BALLZ to say "not established"?? <grin> Sorry, Resume, but I want to deal with honest brokers only.  Bye 

What's worse is changing the wording of the unevidenced claim from "99% human" (whatever that means) to that of non-human hominid.  It moves the repeated unevidenced claim from dishonest to ****ing dishonest.

fibbing AGAIN.

Berry himself said, "99% human, which means it's not human". I don't know what it is with you sceptics. You lie to start arguments.

17 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

17 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

It appears, Resume, that you wish to play the courtroom lawyer. You know I placed a link right above you. 
The text clearly states black bears will exist up to 3700 meters in the mountains, just shy of the tree line (12139.1076 feet high)

you saw this and you have the BALLZ to say "not established"?? <grin> Sorry, Resume, but I want to deal with honest brokers only.  Bye 

Animals often stray from the ranges humans decide for them.  Witness western cougars (the animal) straying east of the Mississippi.

ETA: And as far as saying bye,  again. I'll decide. 

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I posted a link. Now you post one that asserts your ridiculous claim.

No bear is going to go above the tree line to live in Bhutan. There is too little growing there to live on. So show me the link. 
Show me black bears, brown bears, ancient bears, polar bears - whatever you want, that live on that mountain in Bhutan above the tree line.

When you have to resort top the pee-poor arguments that you have, it is clear you have NOTHING but a compulsion to argue. 

5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

fibbing AGAIN.

Berry himself said, "99% human, which means it's not human". I don't know what it is with you sceptics. You lie to start arguments.

Who cares what a promoter/tv presenter say?.  I want to know what an independent scientist says about the claim of 99% human (whatever that means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Trelane said:

@the13bats, he is obviously extremely limited in simple search engine skills. The very expedition that he has now shifted to was also proven to be not what he claims;

https://kuenselonline.com/the-yeti-why-bhutanese-believe-it-exists/

"Evans was backed by world renowned geneticist Eva Bellemain."

There were no samples or evidence collected that was labeled as "unknown hominid".  Upon further analysis, yet another fail.

But as sure as the sun rises, he'll come back and say that's not the expedition he was referencing.

It was not the Evans expedition, it was the Berry expedition .and I did not get that link, someone else did. Lie away!! lie away!! that's all you cabalists are doing

5 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I posted a link. Now you post one that asserts your ridiculous claim.

No bear is going to go above the tree line to live in Bhutan. There is too little growing there to live on. So show me the link. 
Show me black bears, brown bears, ancient bears, polar bears - whatever you want, that live on that mountain in Bhutan above the tree line.

When you have to resort top the pee-poor arguments that you have, it is clear you have NOTHING but a compulsion to argue. 

There was at least bear that wandered above the tree line; it doesn't,mean it lived there.  Further, if you don't think animals stray far from the range humans decided they occupy, you know nothing about the subject.

Talk about p***-poor arguments.

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Nobu said:

You're brave Nobu :-) But do keep the info flowing.

7 minutes ago, Resume said:

Animals often stray from the ranges humans decide for them.  Witness wester cougars (the animal) straying east of the Mississippi.

"Animals often stray...."

Well isn't *that* bleeping wonderful!! The problem is, Resume, I didn't ask you what animals **sometimes** do, I asked for a LINK showing me what they DID do.

Play your games, Resume. It is clear you are not a serious poster trying to get resolution, you're just looking for ways to start an argument.

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

"Animals often stray...."

Well isn't *that* bleeping wonderful!! The problem is, Resume, I didn't ask you what animals **sometimes** do, I asked for a LINK showing me what they DID do.

Play your games, Resume. It is clear you are not a serious poster trying to get resolution, you're just looking for ways to start an argument.

A link to something that is common knowledge?  Until recently, coyotes were confined to the western plains and rural areas, now, the Cook County IL coyote is the most studied group of coyotes in the country.  This information is mundane,

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

fibbing AGAIN.

Yes, you are fibbing again which you do a lot in threads, you make it up as you go but people see through your bs.

Post the link showing berry made that claim then post the link of a published peer reviewed work proving what you claim berry said, no amount of your ad hominem will work to derail it,  post your proof or admit fail and move on.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Resume said:

Who cares what a promoter/tv presenter say?.  I want to know what an independent scientist says about the claim of 99% human (whatever that means.

I don't know where you were  at the onset, but I *told* posters in here, there was no video to the episode I was referring to from Animal Planet.
And it was never found by anyone in this thread either. But you missed that. So you cannot hold me liable for having no link. I thought I would tell
the story about the Berry expedition (Yes, @Trelane, BERRY, not Evans) just to be sociable and let posters know what happened.

Do you see the SHOOT SHOW that this thread has turned into???  And I place all the blame on you sceptics. Anything for an argument. anything.

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Yes, you are fibbing again which you do a lot in threads, you make it up as you go but people see through your bs.

Post the link showing berry made that claim then post the link of a published peer reviewed work proving what you claim berry said, no amount of your ad hominem will work to derail it,  post your proof or admit fail and move on.

Where is the scientific verification of the claim 99% human (whatever that means).  Exactly where in the sequence is this established?  Where are the original blasts so they can be verified?  Is any of the original sample remaining so an independent blast can be made?  

These questions need to be answered before any claim of novel primate DNA can be justified.

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked