Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian official admits staging bogus yeti sightings

Eldorado

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

So if science shows a new discovery we should ignore it? How hard is that to grasp?

Of course not.  But it hasn't been demonstrated in this case, a fact that eludes you.  I have no idea why.

Edited by Resume
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm doing it as casual conversation. Sometimes in here, *depending on the speaker or subject matter*, one is expected to only talk about proven facts

You've repeated a unverified bald assertion as if it were a fact and you've been called on it.  That's not just casual conversation.

So let's look. As far as "unverified claims" are concerned, were you sensitive to the fact that Steve Berry is quoted as saying he found DNA of a sheep?

.No reason to doubt a mundane fact.

Were you caring that you claimed *without evidence* that a bear would go to the top of Gangkhar Puensum in Bhutan? Again, it did not phase you.

Again, animals stray outside of assumed ranges; a mundane trivial occurence that happens all the time, no reason to doubt that. But these things are red herring,

You have to lighten up, Resume. You and the other sceptics in here. Casual conversation never hurt anyone and everyone should be allowed to do it when there is no choice. 

You are making truth claims that you cannot support and you are butt hurt at being called on it.  So what?  

• Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Nobu said:

I hate to derail a perfectly well derailed thread.... but someone please for the hell of rabbits tell me what you think those tracks are.

I don't know, and that's a perfeclty acceptable answer.  You've said you are an experienced outdoors person so you know that trackways, especially in the snow, are subject to natural phenomenon that distort them; wind, melt, and over-freeze, all change the character of a given track.  So a shrug and a "I don't know" suffices until further data is presented.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nobu said:

I hate to derail a perfectly well derailed thread.... but someone please for the hell of rabbits tell me what you think those tracks are.

It isn’t an upright walking primate so let’s get that out of the conversation.... I’ve googled and asked people about nearly every sort of mountain goat there is and even got into a fight with a fella whether mountain goats make tracks like that in full gallop (they don’t).

utterly baffling. I feel like there is an obvious animal I’m missing. Great thread.

I tried once and was ignored or trolled lets try once more before i give up.

Just because i am savvy with c3 vettes and can rebuild one from ground up doesnt mean i know everything about every car built, and the same is true about the people you asked about these tracks you can not expect a person to know every alleged track out there or if it even is a track.

How did you prove mountain goats do not leave such tracks?

First and formost you have made a hell of an assumption the prints are actually from any living creature they very well could be fakes.

If we speculate they are tracks We have no idea how long the tracks have been there , have they melted morphed re frozen?

You are contradicting berry who says they can only be tracks of s bipidal creature.Berry and or expedition members were horribly derelict in not getting any close up good pictures of the tracks with some reference to size, i would also like to know why they made no casts of the tracks, it really says to me the expedition didnt find the tracks all thst epic at the time.

And in the research i did on tracks a lot of creatures do leave similar tracks, even some sheep goats, small animal hop leaving similar tracks.

I believe its safe to rule these candidates out.

OIP.CvGRY3YF7_b4dB0akvSYdgHaHa?w=193&h=1.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Resume said:

Of course not.  But it hasn't been demonstrated in this case, a fact that eludes you.  I have no idea why.

I'm starting to develop a profile for him based off of his interactions on the forums.  There is a trend of underlying items that seems to drive his posts and responses to posts.

• Like 3

On 4/24/2021 at 12:07 AM, Resume said:

You trusted Eva Bellemain when the team said "sheep", didn't you? So there is no doubt it has been "demonstrated", just not to the point that satisfies science and sceptics.
HOWEVER... it is within the realm of possibility that the original DNA results established by genetics expert, Eva Bellemain, be made public,
but it seems some forces are all too happy that those results get BURRIED. Why?

Face it, resume, you and others in here are expressing no wonder about those test results and are not anxious to see them. Whereas I want to know the truth.

On 4/24/2021 at 5:16 AM, Resume said:

You've repeated a unverified bald assertion as if it were a fact and you've been called on it.  That's not just casual conversation.

It absolutely IS casual conversation. Again, you are trying SO HARD to discourage any conversation about the unknown Species. The sheep... not a problem.
To heck with the sheep, that is mundane. let's get to the interesting stuff, but NOOOOOOOOO says Resume, you need to get that authorized in triplicate blah.blah.blah.

.No reason to doubt a mundane fact.

Again, animals stray outside of assumed ranges; a mundane trivial occurence that happens all the time, no reason to doubt that. But these things are red herring,

You are making truth claims that you cannot support and you are butt hurt at being called on it.  So what?  

Now tell me, mister Resume, why are you even bringing up rogue animals??? At no time did Eva Bellemain or Steve Berry ever mention bear. Yet you keep bringing up
this preposterous set of circumstances where a bear actually climbed to the summit of Gangkhar Puensum *and* that is what they ended up testing for.
You haven't got one single SHRED of evidence to support any of it. Nothing.

So you won't take the expedition leader's word for it, but you WILL accept the word of I-don't-know-who, because you never said who claimed this BS story, if anyone ever did.
And yet, where are this person's testing results? If we had those, we would not need Eva Bellemain or Steve Berry's, correct?? You say to me
that the results of the teams testing are ignorable because they have not shown the results, but you *expect* me to accept your casual conversation
mention of "bear DNA" **without showing the test results**, without a LINK even with someone MENTIONING it. you have real ballz, Resume. real ballz.

And you call yourself unbiassed? BTW, it has been my experience in here that people that use the term "butt hurt" are flaming *******.

have another nice day

• Haha 2

Thread closed for moderator review.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• The topic was locked