Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NY tweenies to hunt deer with firearm or crossbow

Eldorado

Hey kids, it's now legal for tweens in New York to grab a gun and take down a deer.

Governor Cuomo just signed the 2021-2022 budget that quietly includes legislation allowing 12 and 13-year-olds to hunt deer with a firearm or crossbow.

The law is sure to give conservative haters of Cuomo some serious whiplash.

On one hand, everything Cuomo does is the work of the devil. But on the other hand... guns!

WPDH

“Deer hunting is a valued tradition for many families that provides millions of pounds of quality food to New Yorkers while reducing the negative impacts of abundant deer populations on agriculture, forests and communities,” Seggos said. “This new opportunity allows experienced, adult hunters to introduce the value of hunting to the next generation.

"Teaching these young people safe, responsible and ethical hunting practices will ensure a rewarding experience every time they are afield. I encourage all upstate counties to consider ‘opting-in’ to support New York’s young hunters and their potential contributions to deer management.”

Post Journal

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Great! The sooner children learn that taking life is acceptable, the better.

57 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

It's learning where your food comes from. Unless you're vegan of course.

• Like 1

My dad let me have a shotgun soon as i was old enough to use one however it was ages before i was allowed any cartridges i had to be able to handle a gun safely,then i was allowed cartridges but that all had to count and never ever shoot anything i wasn't going to prep and eat myself.My own son and eldest daughter were bought up the same way

21 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It's learning where your food comes from. Unless you're vegan of course.

So you only eat game?
Another version of teaching children where their food comes from: Taking them to a farm and showing them a cow.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

So you only eat game?
Another version of teaching children where their food comes from: Taking them to a farm and showing them a cow.

No I don't lol.

My point is if you eat meat than an animal is killed so that you can eat it. So a tweenager hunting with his/her parents isn't crazy to me.

If it seems horrific and crazy to someone than they probably shouldn't eat meat in the first place.

Taking kids to farms to see how the rest of food is made is good to do also.

Edited by spartan max2

1 hour ago, jethrofloyd said:

I love Robert de Niro in 'The Deer Hunter' movie. B)

220px-The_Deer_Hunter_poster.jpg

Yes, that was definitely better than the Harold Shipman version.

the_old_dear_hunter.jpg

• Haha 1

It must be sore as hell getting a crossbow bolt shot through your liver.  That's what puts me off hunting.

Not every kill is going to be "clean" and quick.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

So you only eat game?

I grew up on deer meat and river caught fish. My deceased grandfather had a small farm. That's where most of my veggies came from. So I'm farm feed. If something were to happen and you needed food, what would you do? No stores, no fast food places. 

4 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

I grew up on deer meat and river caught fish.

Then you are privileged in that department. Stuff like that wouldn't even be possible in my corner of Europe, because we don't have enough nature left here after two millennia of farming. Maybe somewhere in Scandinavia, but not here. So unless I want to eat sewer rats I'd be ****ed anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I think this needs clarification- it doesn't sound too good standing alone.

26 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

I think this needs clarification- it doesn't sound too good standing alone.

What sort of clarification would you like? I was, of course, being sarcastic in that post but I do believe that it's a slippery slope in some people's mind from killing an animal 'for food'(I wonder just how many of these 'hunters' know how to prepare for eating, something they've shot?), to thinking owning a gun for 'protection' is an acceptable way to behave in a 'developed' country in the 21st century. That it's okay for a President to lie to people about a deadly virus and thousands of them die. That it's okay for police to shoot someone because they won't get out of the car . . . . honestly, I wish Americans could see how mind-bogglingly monstrous this is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Taking kids to farms to see how the rest of food is made is good to do also.

Yea that way after seeing that , they become vegans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

What sort of clarification would you like? I was, of course, being sarcastic in that post but I do believe that it's a slippery slope in some people's mind from killing an animal 'for food'(I wonder just how many of these 'hunters' know how to prepare for eating, something they've shot?), to thinking owning a gun for 'protection' is an acceptable way to behave in a 'developed' country in the 21st century. That it's okay for a President to lie to people about a deadly virus and thousands of them die. That it's okay for police to shoot someone because they won't get out of the car . . . . honestly, I wish Americans could see how mind-bogglingly monstrous this is.

I thought you must have been sarcastic, but another posters took you at face value ("Great, they need to learn to kill") so I became unsure. I'm beginning to realise UM is very conservative, right wing and reactionary- to put it kindly.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ted hughes said:

I thought you must have been sarcastic, but another posters took you at face value ("Great, they need to learn to kill") so I became unsure. I'm beginning to realise UM is very conservative, right wing and reactionary- to put it kindly.

You will find a cross section of views in the forum as a whole, but particular threads may be less balanced than others. 

• Like 1