Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supreme Court rules against California

DieChecker

Didn't see this in any other sections, and seemed to fit here best.

Fox News: Supreme Court rules against California's limits on in-home religious gatherings.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-rules-against-californias-limits-on-in-home-relgious-gatherings?cmpid=prn_newsstand

The U.S. Supreme Court in a divided decision late Friday ruled in favor of lifting restrictions on in-home religious gatherings, overturning a lower court ruling that upheld Gov. Gavin Newsom’s limits on people from different homes.

The ruling stated that before it can limit religious gatherings, the government must prove they pose a greater danger than secular activities that remain open, such as shopping or attending movies.

I'd tend to agree. Theres nothing more dangerous in a home church gathering then there is in going to a movie theater, or gym.

• Like 3

Seems like a fair ruling to me. 

Either ban all gatherings equally, or don't ban any at all.

• Like 1

Seems quite clear now.  If masks are worn, likelihood of infection goes steeply down.

Particularly important when indoors.  But yea, time to let folks do what they do, book clubs, superstitious deity worship, whatever.

Some of course will flout the mask and they stand a higher chance of infection.

At this piont c'est la vie.  I say let em get it and see how they fair...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

At this piont c'est la vie.  I say let em get it and see how they fair...

I would agree if the virus would stay with these morons but these people are a public threat.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, toast said:

I would agree if the virus would stay with these morons but these people are a public threat.

The case wasent about if you could ban church gatherings or not. It was about the banning being equal.

As in if movie theatres, gyms, and restaurants can be open than it's unequal treatment to say religious people can't gather in their homes.

So ban them all together or don't ban them all type thing.

• Like 1

Yep, equal treatment under the law.   I'd guess in a situation like that it would be simple to organize Social Distanceing . ?  As opposed to a public place where movement and Attitudes are more random.  

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

The case wasent about if you could ban church gatherings or not. It was about the banning being equal.

As in if movie theatres, gyms, and restaurants can be open than it's unequal treatment to say religious people can't gather in their homes.

My post wasnt about the topic but about post #4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Canada is clamping down on on these clowns. To the point of putting up fences around the worst offending churches, and blocking access with barriers. I applaud them for taking these steps, as do a majority of Canadians. This op is why the border won't be opened anytime soon. They can't be trusted to follow our rules. Even your so called Supreme Court can't be trusted to do the right thing anymore. Bought, and paid for by the Republicans. Boils down to "my freedums to infect everyone around me can't be denied" Hmmmm. 900,00 dead, and you can't figure out why?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Canada is clamping down on on these clowns. To the point of putting up fences around the worst offending churches, and blocking access with barriers. I applaud them for taking these steps, as do a majority of Canadians. This op is why the border won't be opened anytime soon. They can't be trusted to follow our rules. Even your so called Supreme Court can't be trusted to do the right thing anymore. Bought, and paid for by the Republicans. Boils down to "my freedums to infect everyone around me can't be denied" Hmmmm. 900,00 dead, and you can't figure out why?

Do you consider it fair to not allow in home church gatherings but allow restaurants, gyms, and movie theatres to be open?

And If you want to be nationalistic about it (for some unknown reason) Canada will probably be letting people in sooner than later since the US is looking like it will be the first nation vaccinated. Compared to Canada's fumbled vaccine response. 

Edited by spartan max2

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Do you consider it fair to not allow in home church gatherings but allow restaurants, gyms, and movie theatres to be open?

And If you want to be nationalistic about it (for some unknown reason) Canada will probably be letting people in sooner than later since the US is looking like it will be the first nation vaccinated. Compared to Canada's fumbled vaccine response. 

900, 000 deaths. Argue that, and the reason for these deaths. All else is semantics. Playing ring around the virus isn't working. Not with all the new varients popping up all over. Churches should be shut down because they are the worst offenders. Your argument is severely flawed. No safety precautions. Argue that. Don't forget to leave your ego behind before you reply. Unless you want to be called out on it.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

900, 000 deaths. Argue that, and the reason for these deaths. All else is semantics. Playing ring around virus isn't working. Not with all the new varients popping up all over. Churches should be shut down because they are the worst offenders. No safety precautions. Argue that.

Okay. You clearly can't follow the court case. As I said:

Yeah, alot of deaths. It's sad. Messed up that that makes you feel good, but I guess some people need to feel better about their lot in life somehow :unsure2:.

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Okay. You clearly can't follow the court case. As I said:

Yeah, alot of deaths. It's sad. Messed up that that makes you feel good, but I guess some people need to feel better about their lot in life somehow :unsure2:.

Ah, attack the person, and not the logic. Nice assumption on your part that I'm enjoying it. That's your ego. Can't stand losing, so you attack me. Well done. Argue the logic, not the messenger. If you can't do that, don't reply. Flawed logic is flawed. As I stated, your Supreme Court had been corrupted. The cases don't mean squat, if they're made by a paid off judiciary. Money talks, and people die. It's the Republican way.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Ah, attack the person, and not the logic. Nice assumption on your part that I'm enjoying it. That's your ego. Can't stand losing, so you attack me. Well done. Argue the logic, not the messenger. If you can't do that, don't reply. Flawed logic is flawed. As I stated, your Supreme Court had been corrupted. The cases don't mean squat, if they're made by a paid off judiciary. Money talks, and people die. It's the Republican way.

If you would give me some logic to argue with. But you literally won't answer the question or you just don't understand OP.  

Is this question that confusing to you or do you need it explained more?

It's ironic that you are always talking to people about egos when you can't see that you have one of the largest egos here. It's truly baffling.

11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

If you would give me some logic to argue with. But you literally won't answer the question or you just don't understand OP.  

Is this question that confusing to you or do you need it explained more?

It's ironic that you are always talking to people about egos when you can't see that you have one of the largest egos here. It's truly baffling.

Still attacking me, not the logic. Don't bother replying anymore. I'm not going fall for yours, and others fallacious attacks.  Again, disprove the logic of my post, not me personally. Without your emotions. My op stands. I was going to post "your silly emotions", but realised I was making an ego post. Can you not do the same? Can you post without your negativity? We'll see.

Edited by Hankenhunter

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Ego post. I've been respectful without insults, or inuendos. Yet you're calling my posts ego driven? Not logical. Haven't you figured out yet that you can't win against logic by arguing from your ego? Any moderator refereeing a debate will tell you that. You're pandering to emotions, not logic.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Clarity, and spelling.

Airlines are cramming people together again too.

https://www.afar.com/magazine/which-airlines-are-blocking-middle-seats

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Ego post. I've been respectful without insults, or inuendos. Yet you're calling my posts ego driven? Not logical. Haven't you figured out yet that you can't win against logic by arguing from your ego? Any moderator refereeing a debate will tell you that. You're pandering to emotions, not logic.

You're not respectful at all and you're insulting to people who disagree with you. But the worse part is your ego won't even let you admit it to yourself.

Now if you're not going to answer my question that is related to the actual OP than we are done here.

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

You're not respectful at all and you're insulting to people who disagree with you. But the worse part is your ego won't even let you admit it to yourself.

Now if you're not going to answer my question that is related to the actual OP than we are done here.

Point out my insults. Ego is fight or flight. You fought, and now you're running. That's ego. Tell me, if I'm doing all you say I'm doing, why haven't I been warned, or banned? The moderators know ego, from logic. It's why they're moderators. That's logic. Have a great day.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Michelle said:

Airlines are cramming people together again too.

https://www.afar.com/magazine/which-airlines-are-blocking-middle-seats

I went on several flights recently and every one was completely full. Every seat taken. 

I did notice it seemed the overhead air was off. Maybe to not blow covid around the cabin?

• Like 1

I tend to agree that all meetings of people should be treated the same.

Mandate masks, and if they don't do it, punish them.

At this point it would he easier to open the churches and monitor them, since they are open to the public, rather then home churches where their isn't a standing open offer to participate.

Opening church buildings and mandating masks at services, will likely be safer then unmasked home churches. But good luck getting the church haters in government to agree with that.