Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

X Files review

Walken

In a small otherwise peaceful town, the agents investigate the death of an infant with disturbing birth defects, and the trail of clues lead to a clan of inbred mutants.

This episode is highly regarded as the most contraversial. In fact, that exact phrase was used to push the Series 4 box set some years back. Despite this, it manages to stay a good episode with some great twists and good scenes. In paticuler, a moment that really captures the evoloution of Mulder and Scullys relationship (Baa ram you)

After performing an autopsy for Mulder, Scully is shocked to discover a baby with more than two dozen birth defects. Hideously deformed, Scully and Mulder head to a small peaceful town in search of awnsers, only to discover a house on the edge of town which holds home to two genetic freaks, and there tortured and abused mother, the father of all there children.

Mulder and Scully, with the help of a local police officer, must save the mother; but there is a problem. She does not want to be saved.

I think this episodes reputation preceeds it, but in a bad way. If you beleive the hype before seeing it, you are probably destined for disappointment.

Overall rateing: 86%.

Series: 4.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Walken

• et's daddy

• darkmoonlady

• justcallmefox

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes i remember this episode

and it was very disturbing and gross

not close to one of their better efforts disgust.gif

I remember my Parents used to always watch that show tongue.gif .... then I got into it.

"The Truth is Out There"..........

My problem with this episode is it's so mega-hyped. It even gets special mention in the advertisement for series 4 box set. It's not really that good.

well it was all about the disfigurements due to inbreeding

is that even really an X-File ?

i mean is it really unexplained that if you sleep with your mom the baby may be messed up ?

No, but at first the death of the baby and how it could have so many birth defects was an x file.

im currently downloading the X-Files finale from bearshare hope to watch it tomorrow

pls tell me its worth it

about the last episodes i remember seeing are when the ufo group wanted scullys baby

maybe i saw the end and didnt realize it ?

i also remember bits about mulder being on trial and the smoking man getting blown to bits in the mountains

Thats the final episode. You must've seen some of it already.

Series 9: Let's just say you couldnt ask for better replacements for Mulder and Scully than those we got. The final episode isn't perfect, but it is a perfect end to the show that changed the way so many people watch televison.

One problem with it though; evrey character gets there closure, except one of the biggst, 'Skin man'.

• 3 weeks later...

As my bf and i were watching this, he said, careful, gross part coming up. I couldn't believe, my "I love guts and gore" bf was grossed out by the woman under the bed!! LOL sure she wasn't attractive, i just thought it was funny original.gif

This was a freaky episdoe, especially the last 2 minutes....yick

• 3 months later...

I knew nothing of the "hype" behind this episode, but I enjoyed it. It is one of the few X Files that actually involve "normal" people... although the Peacocks were anything... but, normal.

Personally, I enjoyed the episode, watching both the realtionship between Mulder and Scully "move up," the telling of simple Small town life in the US and how a murder can shake those very foundations.

I won't give it a number rating, but I enjoyed it, and it's one of those episodes that actually leave a mark in my memory and I can actually recall, when I sit back and just think of certian episodes.

As I've told my Mama, this show had another good 10 years in it, thefact everyone b*****s about the movie the last 4 Seasons sucked... ect, ect, ect. Personally I've enjoyed the show, and I can only think of 2 episodes I really, really hate, and they all come from seasons BEFORE the movie. Sure some episodes aren't up to par, but they still capture the imgantion, progress the show and expand the very feel of what "The X Files," is. Well... that's all from me.

It had a nice ending, had some amazing shoots. Although why an inbreed family would cause such hype... is well beyond me.

hey do any of you know what season, episode number and title was the ep. with the little girl and the doll that went 'i want to play' and killed people, and at the end they fried it in the microwave, thats the scariest x-files i ever did see crying.gif

The episode was one of my favorites and now accounts for my severe heebie jeebies when I hear Johnny Mathis. I loved the episode not because it was disturbing, (ain't they all, thats why we love the show) but because once again amid the wierdness was a very well written and kind of sweet foreshadowing conversation about Scully and Mulder and what kind of parents they would be....the whole Mulder genes pass muster convo....that alone was worth the whole episode....its one of those episodes where I remember where I was when I saw it, because all my friends were completly freaked by it....and the Babe movie injokes were great....

That was season six, I beleive. The episode was writen by Steven king and was called 'Bughoney' or something like that.

i loved this episode,the mutants got away in a 57 caddy did'nt they?just about every episode was great,but i thought the last episode sucked!!! thumbsup.gif

hey do any of you know what season, episode number and title was the ep. with the little girl and the doll that went 'i want to play' and killed people, and at the end they fried it in the microwave, thats the scariest x-files i ever did see  crying.gif

671567[/snapback]

Seasom 5 "Chinga" written by Chris Carter & Stephen King

When I first seen that episode I was like dontgetit.gif , that was some family. huh.gif

w00t.gifohmy.gif

strange that i came across this topic, as i just watched that episode last night, and it raised a few questions.

why did that particular baby get killed? wouldn't they have needed it to carry on the family?

it was a fairly good episode overall, except for the end. blink.gif that was just WRONG.

strange that i came across this topic, as i just watched that episode last night, and it raised a few questions.

why did that particular baby get killed? wouldn't they have needed it to carry on the family?

it was a fairly good episode overall, except for the end. blink.gif that was just WRONG.

673503[/snapback]

whenever they had a baby that wasn't geneticall viable, (in other words it had to be pretty 'effed up to not be viable in THAT family) they would bury it, they were trying to uh, keep the family going, but at that level of inbreeding, I doubt they would have been much successful...ew...lol. Mulder said in the episode that the brother was father to the other two, if they were the father of that baby, (getting nausious thinking about it) with their own mother it only exponetially added more genetic defects....ok now I need a shower...lol

I just recently saw all of this episode. Definitely one of the weirder ones. I didnt know about any hype over it though. I do recall I saw the part where they find the mother under the bed when I was younger but it freaked me out so I didnt watch the rest of it. lol

• 1 month later...

I really like the X-files. I use to watch every sunday, monday and tuesday... I've got every single episode on tape. it comes on subtv... but if you don't live in finland, so... I can't do anything about it, I just love the X-files... and that episode you're talking about... I loved it!

post-20964-1122835108_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlienChild