Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humanities disharmony with nature will lead humans to extinction

Holyspirit

Purdue%20University%20plastic%20pollutio

I woke up today and I felt to be honest with you all that being human equals destruction more than positive creativity.  Yes I would say on a minute scale some humans are positive non-destructive being's aligned with nature and one another; however, these types of people are very few in our society as a whole who have acted this way through out their lives.  It seems to me that the main reason humans are so destructive is directly related to technology.  Technology has allowed humans to increase population levels, however the side effects are increased pollution and negative impacts on other species as-well as messing up the cycles in nature. 

https://www.treehugger.com/massive-new-report-proves-humans-are-worst-species-4857833

I will show that Technology is the soul reason why we will all perish!

Now to think that intelligence is awesome maybe true or not, so couple those thoughts regarding how to decrease the population of an enemy through the inventive process spurs on technology of this nature where this tech comes from war.

War is good for absolutely nothing. But much of the technology we depend upon today began as a kind of military technology. ... In general, wars tend to accelerate technological development to adapt tools for the purpose of solving specific military needs. Later, these military tools may evolve into non-military devices.

https://www.quora.com/Does-war-actually-make-the-technology-and-science-advance-faster

Humankind has seemed to be at war forever. It's terribly sad and out of the negativity of war most of our technology has developed. It is no wonder that the negative side affects have risen from it.  Humanity has not come far at all and as matter of fact we are at a discord with nature due to war technology.  Humanity is on a FastTrack to extinction, because once our environment is irrecoverable we will have no resources to live.

How do we solve this dilemma?  We all need to come to terms with how we deal with each other and ourselves. 

WE all have to identify that within ourselves is greed and selfishness.  These two words I believe which are associated with every human and don't scoff, when was the last time you gave a homeless person a dollar.  Maybe someone else who replies can see the direct relationship where greed and selfishness spurs on negative technologies through war.

My advise to everyone, yet knowing humanities natures we are 2nd to the mosquito when it comes to killing our species this will probably go unheeded.  Please share more than take, recycle and clean the environment!  If every human did this we would have happier relationships & perhaps we might not go extinct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Quora article you major on does not unequivocally support your base line argument of  ,  " War is good for absolutely nothing ?"

Which does make your basic premiss look far from true  , imho . 

Unproven ,  I suggest .

9 minutes ago, Luiza22 said:

The Quora article you major on does not unequivocally support your base line argument of  ,  " War is good for absolutely nothing ?"

Which does make your basic premiss look far from true  , imho . 

Unproven ,  I suggest .

Luiza22,

What is my premise?  Please learn how to spell.

4 minutes ago, Tom O'Neil said:

Luiza22,

What is my premise?  Please learn how to spell.

Let's deal with your crass ignorance first .   Premiss and premise are interchangeable with common usage decided by location . I am British . QED . 

Get yourself a Dictionary , apologise and sort out your own waffle to your own satisfaction .

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luiza22 said:

Let's deal with your crass ignorance first .   Premiss and premise are interchangeable with common usage decided by location . I am British . QED . 

Get yourself a Dictionary , apologise and sort out your own waffle to your own satisfaction .

So you don't understand the Premise.

I have lost interest due to your display of  factual ignorance within   an 'attack dog ' response .

You suggested  that war is good for nothing and you then  immediately tried to be war like . You scuppered your own ship , imho . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luiza22 said:

I have lost interest due to your display of  factual ignorance within   an 'attack dog ' response .

You suggested  that war is good for nothing and you then  immediately tried to be war like . You scuppered your own ship , imho . 

Luiza22 you must be having a bad day! I will excuse your lack of comprehension and spelling errors, take care.  Share, recycle and clean the environment.

Edited by Tom O'Neil

I got the impression from your rambling and poorly presented OP that you are locked in your  own  fantasy . 

I don't like hauling people over the coals for imbecility , but let's face it , you  write with your chin stuck out  too far .

I have had a lovely day . Mainly due to a complete absence of Snowflakes .

I know it gets frustrating but I like to think we are making progress each day. We are young species and haven't truly realized the effects of our actions on the earth until relatively recently.

My city voted in Nov to go 100% renewal energy and are now making the solar plants. We will get there.

Every human is greedy and selfish, Therefore we are doomed as a species to extinction.  Humans are not intelligent we are ignorant.  Show me how we will overcome greed and selfishness and we might have a chance.

8 hours ago, Tom O'Neil said:

Every human is greedy and selfish, Therefore we are doomed as a species to extinction.  Humans are not intelligent we are ignorant.  Show me how we will overcome greed and selfishness and we might have a chance.

IMO, there will be no extinction event brought on by our base natures.  I believe we'll see a mass die-off due to nuclear war at some point, probably within the decade.  After that, the survivors will claw their way back and eventually reform some sort of society.  Humanity is like a weed.  Look on the bright  side... most of these "destroyers" of the earth you find to be sacred, will die and make way for the more "enlightened" like yourself...  Good luck with your GAIA fixation.

Many years ago it was fun to go to the beaches in Texas, they were fairly clean, but now they are nasty with lots of trash.