Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police accused of threatening, pulling gun on Black Army lieutenant during Virginia traffic stop

Grim Reaper 6

U.S. Army Lt. Caron Nazario was driving Dec. 5, 2020, in his newly purchased Chevrolet Tahoe when he encountered police on U.S. Highway 460 in Windsor, about 30 miles west of downtown Norfolk, the active-duty soldier claimed in a federal civil lawsuit filed last week. He was in uniform at the time of the stop.

When Lt. Nazario asked what's going on? You're fixin' to ride the lighting, son," Officer Joe Gutierrez said, according to the lawsuit and body camera video. The officers later warned Lt. Nazario not to complain about their treatment of him, threatening to criminally charge him, the lawsuit said. If the lieutenant would "chill and let this go," then no charges would be filed".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/police-accused-of-threatening-pulling-gun-on-black-army-lieutenant-during-virginia-traffic-stop/ar-BB1fw7lM

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

I hope he wins. That was totally uncalled for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Slowly but surely the cops are being dragged kicking, and screaming into the public eyes. Suing the municipalities, and cities into near bankruptcy is an effective way to stop this behaviour at the root. The one's who enabled them in the first place. Hit them in the wallet. Seems to be the only thing that works these days.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Slowly but surely the cops are being dragged kicking, and screaming into the public eyes. Suing the municipalities, and cities into near bankruptcy is an effective way to stop this behaviour at the root. The one's who enabled them in the first place. Hit them in the wallet. Seems to be the only thing that works these days.

Where in this forces training manuals does it say this is the way to treat people?

These incompetent narcissistic cops are still working collecting taxpayers $$$

I have to wonder would this have turned out worse for the victim had he parked out of public eye site.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Suing the municipalities, and cities into near bankruptcy is an effective way to stop this behaviour at the root.

Pretty good point, I had not thought of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Pretty good point, I had not thought of that.

Thank you my friend. But, without Manwon's o.p I never would have thought it. The credit goes to him for the germ sprouting fruit. He watered me so to speak.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Where in this forces training manuals does it say this is the way to treat people?

These incompetent narcissistic cops are still working collecting taxpayers $$$

I have to wonder would this have turned out worse for the victim had he parked out of public eye site.

Bats if he had not been in a public place, I am afraid he may not be here right now. On two occasions during military career, I witnessed and was part of events like this. Now most know I am a White Anglo-Saxon Male, but the situations I am talking about occurred with friends while was present. The first time was outside of Hineville, GA where Ft. Stewart is located. A very good Black friend friend of mine was following me home from base. All of a sudden a police car came from nowhere and stopped my friend who was following me. So 

I turned around and went back to see what was happening. Well to make a long story short, their stood to red neck cops harassing my friend for absolutely no reason. When I got out of my car, they were surprised to say the least and wanted to k now why I stopped. I told them that the guy was a close friend and .i was concerned about what was going on and why he was stopped. Well deputy dig says, that they don't like ( N-Word ) in their jurisdiction unless they live there. Well, I kinda Got really p***ed off, and threaten them that I would make a report to the military authorities.

Well after a little posturing and some language I can't react here they let us go. I did report the situation to the military authorizes and I don't know if anything happened. It was 1986 and in Souther States this was still a very common occurrence, especially in small rural communities. 

:angry: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you my friend. But, without Manwon's o.p I never would have thought it. The credit goes to him for the germ sprouting fruit. He watered me so to speak.

FE29DE7F-E7BA-4406-B4BD-AE166CA6BACE.jpeg.929b391a3624c6711c5c7fa2c816b3e3.jpeg

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

FE29DE7F-E7BA-4406-B4BD-AE166CA6BACE.jpeg.929b391a3624c6711c5c7fa2c816b3e3.jpeg

Youir sick dude, really sick!!!!!:lol: 

In a demented way that only others who are equally demented can understand!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 3

Hmmm, perhaps I erred with my choice of words. No, Manwon did not pee on me. Dang, hoisted by my own petard. 

• Haha 2

Here the videos of the event, make up your own mind!!!!!

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hate cops like that. Seen it way to many times, especially when I was young. 

I had a friend end up in the back of a cop car handcuffed. Still didn’t stop that jerk of a cop from tazing him three times. 

My friend is Irish and white as the driven snow, from a middle class family. So forgive me if I don’t assume this has to do with race. Truth is some people just shouldn’t be cops, regardless of what color their victims are. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He had a tag, which was visible as they approached which was the reason for the stop.

Instead of deescalating, on that fact, they escalated.

He was afraid to reach down and unbuckle, you know, the old, "he's reaching for a gun" mantra.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

He had a tag, which was visible as they approached which was the reason for the stop.

Instead of deescalating, on that fact, they escalated.

He was afraid to reach down and unbuckle, you know, the old, "he's reaching for a gun" mantra.

That fat idiot that was incharge, should be shot for treating that soldier like that.:angry:

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

That fat idiot that was incharge, should be shot for treating that soldier like that.:angry:

Lt. Nazario was probably cutting into some serious donut time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

Lt. Nazario was probably cutting into some serious donut time.

Yea, that fat red neck looked like he may have eaten the donut shop building and all.:lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

They should be disciplined and if this is a second offense they should lose their jobs.  One thing I don't understand is once the LT was standing, why he didn't just COMPLY? I mean, he's intelligent enough to be an officer and HAS to understand that arguing with a couple of hyped up *******s isn't going to help anything.  I just can't grasp that.  Why risk making things worse or even getting shot?  Comply, then file a complaint later, especially if you have video of the interaction.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

They should be disciplined and if this is a second offense they should lose their jobs.  One thing I don't understand is once the LT was standing, why he didn't just COMPLY? I mean, he's intelligent enough to be an officer and HAS to understand that arguing with a couple of hyped up *******s isn't going to help anything.  I just can't grasp that.  Why risk making things worse or even getting shot?  Comply, then file a complaint later, especially if you have video of the interaction.

If you listen to the video, he has a poor dog in the cars back seating, and the animal is suffering It sounds that was a big part of the issue. Plus, I really dont think he was afraid of being shot, thats why he pulled ahead to a gas station before he stopped. But there is one for certain that fat stupid cop is through, he will not only loss his job. The LT is suing the state, the county, and the officers and there is little doubt he will walk away from this with a very large sum of money. My post above yours say the Govenor is calling for an investigation into the incident, most likely on Presidential advise. I suspect the Department of the Army is also in involved, and they have no problem making small towns around military bases off limits to soldiers, I saw it happen for similar reason in Georgia in the 1980s. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Individuals who are easily offended are easily manipulated 

a dog sitting in the grass: prancer rescue dog

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And now,

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/davidmack/windsor-virginia-police-black-lieutenant-caron-nazario

Manwon it looks like the one you call "fat cop" lost his job, which is great starshower1.gif.902b93f517f9a0ff8ce9c2c7130b1575.gif

However, it shouldnt have taken a lawsuit and the resulting attention to make it happen, this could have so easily been another floyd type thing complete with that certain type person trying to somehow blame the LT. ( which is already starting in this very thread )

With this firing the lawsuit is a done deal

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, and then said:

One thing I don't understand is once the LT was standing, why he didn't just COMPLY? 

Do you think US citizen should do that in general and should accept such Gestapo behaviour by the police, just because a complaint can be filed later on?

I mean, he's intelligent enough to be an officer and HAS to understand that arguing with a couple of hyped up *******s isn't going to help anything.  I just can't grasp that.  Why risk making things worse or even getting shot? 

See above.

Comply, then file a complaint later, especially if you have video of the interaction.

I dont think the LT filmed the stunt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toast said:

Do you think US citizen should do that in general and should accept such Gestapo behaviour by the police, just because a complaint can be filed later on?

See above.

I dont think the LT filmed the stunt.

You know it's getting bad when you have to record every single encounter with the police. Good to see Officer feelbad was taken to task. Some faith restored. Be interesting to see if his pension is affected. Should it be? I dunno. Perhaps that's what needs to happen. But that's another can of worms for another day.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, and then said:

A while back you boasted to me to the effect if Biden was elected and passed a law you didnt like unless forced you wouldnt obey it and you even suggested LEO in your town sympathizing and agreeing with you would allow to to break these laws you did agree with like a common thug.

So now you question how LT handled this traffic stop, how very odd.

• Like 1