Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clear the Capitol,’ Pence pleaded, timeline of riot shows

Grim Reaper 6

WASHINGTON (AP) — From a secure room in the Capitol on Jan. 6, as rioters pummeled police and vandalized the building, Vice President Mike Pence tried to assert control. In an urgent phone call to the acting defense secretary, he issued a startling demand. With Trump not engaged, it fell to Pentagon officials, a handful of senior White House aides, the leaders of Congress and the vice president holed up in a secure bunker to manage the chaos. 

Pence's call to Miller lasted only a minute. Pence said the Capitol was not secure and he asked military leaders for a deadline for securing the building, according to the document. 

By this point it had already been two hours since the mob overwhelmed Capitol Police unprepared for an insurrection. Rioters broke into the building, seized the Senate and paraded to the House. In their path, they left destruction and debris. Dozens of officers were wounded, some gravely.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/clear-the-capitol-pence-pleaded-timeline-of-riot-shows/ar-BB1fvq1a

• Thanks 3

Imnsho That was the moment when his life and his families lives were put on the hook by trump that pence was done with trump and he made it very clear after that he saw trump the way the american people who votrd him out saw him.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Imnsho That was the moment when his life and his families lives were put on the hook by trump that pence was done with trump and he made it very clear after that he saw trump the way the american people who votrd him out saw him.

I suspect in the future Pence my elaborate even more on the Trump White House, by writing a book on the subject. That's a book Inwill read, because no one knows more about the underhanded and illegal activities that went on for those fours years. 

Pence is writing a book of course but I am guessing you will not  want to read it after you read the summary on  the book jacket Manwon and bats.  I think Pence still has some political ambitions.  He may want to reclaim the religious right away from Cruz and Gaetz.  I think it will be a soft and complimentary portrait of the administration and highlight Pence's steadfast faith, ,strength, and presidential qualities without throwing Trump under the bus.  Just a guess of course.  VP Pence had a perfect opportunity to tell it like it was on Jan. 6 and let it pass.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Pence is writing a book of course but I am guessing you will not  want to read it after you read the summary on  the book jacket Manwon and bats.  I think Pence still has some political ambitions.  He may want to reclaim the religious right away from Cruz and Gaetz.  I think it will be a soft and complimentary portrait of the administration and highlight Pence's steadfast faith, ,strength, and presidential qualities without throwing Trump under the bus.  Just a guess of course.  VP Pence had a perfect opportunity to tell it like it was on Jan. 6 and let it pass.  

My brother if that's is the case, your right I don't need anymore smoke blown up my butt!:yes:

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

My brother if that's is the case, your right I don't need anymore smoke blown up my butt!:yes:

I guess we will have to see.  I may be at odds with Pence on just about everything, but he does seem to have some stout moral fiber.

• Like 1