Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

Timeline: Inside the case that bankrupt the Klan

Recommended Posts

Manwon Lender

At first, Cecelia Perry thought she knew what happened to her younger brother when he failed to return from a late-night trip to a service station on March 20, 1981. While out on his errand, the teenager was abducted at gunpoint by two members of the Ku Klux Klan, who viciously beat, killed and then lynched the teenager. The next morning, Michael's body was found hanging from a tree on the residential Herndon Avenue.

The two Klansmen, Henry Hays and James "Tiger" Knowles, then took Donald to a secluded location where they beat him, strangled him and cut his throat. They then took his body back to a residential area of Mobile, where they hung his body from a tree.

After hearing Donald's case, an all-White jury awarded a $7 million judgment. The sum was so significant that it effectively bankrupted the United Klans of America, which was known as one of the largest and most violent KKK factions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/timeline-inside-the-case-that-bankrupt-the-klan/ar-BB1fvJmQ#image=6

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
and then

I remember it well.  No violence in the streets, the black community KNEW that the MPD were going to do their best to find the killers and they DID.  IIRC, one gave state's evidence and got life in prison without parole.  One died in the Chair and the old man who spawned the evil died waiting for trial.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

It was perfect a black lady took deed of the klans clubhouse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

It was perfect a black lady took deed of the klans clubhouse.

I totally agree.  What they put that family through was disgraceful and evil.  Michael Donald was my age +or- a year.  He was just a guy on the street who knew where to get a nickel or dime bag of weed and that's how those evil POSs got him in the car.  

We woke up to that headline on a Sunday morning.  I had stayed over at my cousin's house in Grand Bay that weekend and his dad was an MPD cop.  I knew from his reaction that things might get dangerous but the community came together and showed solidarity against that scum.  It might well have been Mobile's finest hour.  For a 300 year old city that's saying a lot.  Remembering that and looking at what the Left have done to destroy that unity makes me ill.  So much progress being lost to mindless rabble-rousing haters is an evil in itself.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
7 minutes ago, and then said:

I totally agree.  What they put that family through was disgraceful and evil.  Michael Donald was my age +or- a year.  He was just a guy on the street who knew where to get a nickel or dime bag of weed and that's how those evil POSs got him in the car.  

We woke up to that headline on a Sunday morning.  I had stayed over at my cousin's house in Grand Bay that weekend and his dad was an MPD cop.  I knew from his reaction that things might get dangerous but the community came together and showed solidarity against that scum.  It might well have been Mobile's finest hour.  For a 300 year old city that's saying a lot.  Remembering that and looking at what the Left have done to destroy that unity makes me ill.  So much progress being lost to mindless rabble-rousing haters is an evil in itself.

I also look at what trump did to distroy unity and cause civil unrest, its not just that evil left not by half.

When you see that then you will have truly opened your eyes and not thst you care gained my respect.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

 

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I also look at what trump did to distroy unity and cause civil unrest, its not just that evil left not by half.

So, that explains why record numbers of blacks and Hispanics voted for him in 2020?  I realize it never has nor ever will occur to you that it was the REACTION by those on the Left against his win that fomented the unparalleled hate we saw for 4 years.  As for respect, I'm only concerned with being able to look myself in a mirror without shame.  The opinions of others are their own, and not any business of mine.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
19 minutes ago, and then said:

 

So, that explains why record numbers of blacks and Hispanics voted for him in 2020?  I realize it never has nor ever will occur to you that it was the REACTION by those on the Left against his win that fomented the unparalleled hate we saw for 4 years.  As for respect, I'm only concerned with being able to look myself in a mirror without shame.  The opinions of others are their own, and not any business of mine.

Since trump lost 2020 im guessing not enough blacks and Hispanics saw trump as you do.

You know what might not ever sink in to you?

Im not left and not worshipping trump as you do doesnt make a person left.

I didnt pay attention to msm, i gathered all my opinions about trump from seeing and hearing him do things first hand so i had no need to blame someone for making trump look bad to me he did that just fine himself,

I thought though he would win 2020 until covid it was like he had some bumblers guide how to have the biggest most epicly life costing disaster response to covid and he followed it to the letter,

Thats when i knew he didnt want 2020 win and the cheated election CT make believe was just his excuse he had to fed his subjects,they ate it.

Qnon powell said no rational person would believe that stuff but trumps subjects still do.

No, i dont hate trump i just fiund him an utterly incompetent life costing embarrassment as potus

And i assure you i see no shame when i look in my mirror.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 hour ago, and then said:

 

So, that explains why record numbers of blacks and Hispanics voted for him in 2020?  I realize it never has nor ever will occur to you that it was the REACTION by those on the Left against his win that fomented the unparalleled hate we saw for 4 years.  As for respect, I'm only concerned with being able to look myself in a mirror without shame.  The opinions of others are their own, and not any business of mine.

While I don't agree with much of what you are saying here, you are correct Trump did get the largest percentage of the Black and Hispanic vote. But you opinion of who caused the racial unrest, who separated the country long racial lines, and more than anyone caused hatred to spread around the country, that prize lays upon Trumps Shoulders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.