Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bluish White flashes of light on the side of a Mountain where Korean graves are located.

Grim Reaper 6

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

I might get in trouble for saying this but from past experence and the long running score card if this is proven it wont be proven paranormal nothing ever is, :hmm:

I totally agree with you, Bats sorry if my comments were not clear.

13 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

The 2 steel towers are not powerlines on your picture ?

@the13bats @onlookerofmayhem @diddyman68 Here is a photo of the location where I have seen the lights on a munber of occasionsThe lights I have been seeing are about half way down from the mountains peak. Like I said I have hiked all over there and while there graves all over the place like all Korean Moutains, the area I am identifing is where there is a concentration of graves located. In this area there are no power lines, and I have been up to the top also and there are not any on the other side either. This photo is from the oppsite side my house from the other one I posted. 

Thanks for everyones participation in this thread, and again if anyone comes up with more ideas please add them.

image.png.923c71ed876a67d269f6a0b53885ab98.png

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thanks for everyones participation in this thread, and again if anyone comes up with more ideas please add them.

It's a good thread. :tu:

Not too far out there and you're willing to have a dialogue.

That said, I believe it was bats whom mentioned some type of piezoelectric occurrence. 

Not sure if he mentioned a possible candidate for the effect :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessdalen_lights

They are quite mysterious. There is no definitive proof of what causes them.

There are varying descriptions on the appearance, but I have read a few anecdotes that describe them similar to you. - Blueish-whiteish flashes.

Here's a supposed picture :

1401227.jpg?imageId=1401227&width=480&he

https://sciencenorway.no/electricity-forskningno-geology/little-valley--a-giant-battery/1401223

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

It's a good thread. :tu:

Not too far out there and you're willing to have a dialogue.

That said, I believe it was bats whom mentioned some type of piezoelectric occurrence. 

Not sure if he mentioned a possible candidate for the effect :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessdalen_lights

They are quite mysterious. There is no definitive proof of what causes them.

There are varying descriptions on the appearance, but I have read a few anecdotes that describe them similar to you. - Blueish-whiteish flashes.

Here's a supposed picture :

1401227.jpg?imageId=1401227&width=480&he

https://sciencenorway.no/electricity-forskningno-geology/little-valley--a-giant-battery/1401223

@the13bats @diddyman68 @Jon the frogThanks for the kind words and I quote ( Not too far out there and you're willing to have a dialogue.). That is because I am not making this up, and I really want to find out what is causing those lights. You know that is far to frequent on this forum, people will post some fantastic claim or even something that could be discussed and then never post again in the thread they started, its kinda weird actaully. I really appreciate the two lonks to article you provided, they were interesting, but in a major way they dont apply. The Blue White lights I am seeing are actually down in the forested area, and when they flash they actually light the surrounding trees for the splite second of their existance. 

Here is another quote from your comments above ( I believe it was bats whom mentioned some type of piezoelectric occurrence. ). So far this seems like the most logical solution so far. In stays with in the bounds of reality, and Korea does sit on active Seismic Faultline's. Which mena even though I cant feel, it small quakes way down on Richter scale like maybe beteen 1.0 & 2.0. I suspect on the side of the mountain the vibration cold cause rocks to slide down and contact each other. To confirm this I am going to have to go online and check the South Korean Earthquake reporting Directory because it lists any quake activitive going back more than 40 years, I will post the link a little later.

Ok I found the Seismis activity map where the Government reports all its Earthquakes of all sizes. When you look at the map, I live 30km due West of the city of Taejon so take a look and tell me waht you think the site I linked you guys to is in English 

Today's Earthquakes in South Korea (earthquaketrack.com)

Peace Bro

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

It seems they don't publish tremmors less than 3.5 .as you say it may only take a tremmor of 1.0 or 2 .0 to have the desired effect.

Have you noticed if the flashes happen after rainfall ? Topsoil could possibly slide,causing crystals or minerals to rub together.

Another thought,it might be a bit far fetched and highly unlikely,

Something on the hillside that is reflective is catching moonlight and flashes at a certain angle.i doubt moonlight would be bright enough to cause it ,but it's just a thought.

Good thread btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

@the13bats @diddyman68 @Jon the frogThanks for the kind words and I quote ( Not too far out there and you're willing to have a dialogue.). That is because I am not making this up, and I really want to find out what is causing those lights. You know that is far to frequent on this forum, people will post some fantastic claim or even something that could be discussed and then never post again in the thread they started, its kinda weird actaully. I really appreciate the two lonks to article you provided, they were interesting, but in a major way they dont apply. The Blue White lights I am seeing are actually down in the forested area, and when they flash they actually light the surrounding trees for the splite second of their existance. 

Here is another quote from your comments above ( I believe it was bats whom mentioned some type of piezoelectric occurrence. ). So far this seems like the most logical solution so far. In stays with in the bounds of reality, and Korea does sit on active Seismic Faultline's. Which mena even though I cant feel, it small quakes way down on Richter scale like maybe beteen 1.0 & 2.0. I suspect on the side of the mountain the vibration cold cause rocks to slide down and contact each other. To confirm this I am going to have to go online and check the South Korean Earthquake reporting Directory because it lists any quake activitive going back more than 40 years, I will post the link a little later.

Ok I found the Seismis activity map where the Government reports all its Earthquakes of all sizes. When you look at the map, I live 30km due West of the city of Taejon so take a look and tell me waht you think the site I linked you guys to is in English 

Today's Earthquakes in South Korea (earthquaketrack.com)

Peace Bro

Your region got intense battles in the Korean war, don't know if residue old ammunitions containing baryum salt (mostly used in Russian in Chinese tracer rounds) and also copper salt (from rust) could burn spontaneously ? It would produce flash of blue to green blue. It's a long shot but the region is probably littered with old ammunitions.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Your region got intense battles in the Korean war, don't know if residue old ammunitions containing baryum salt (mostly used in Russian in Chinese tracer rounds) and also copper salt (from rust) could burn spontaneously ? It would produce flash of blue to green blue. It's a long shot but the region is probably littered with old ammunitions.

That's an idea I have not considered, but I know what you saying correct. When I went trough demolition training in the US Army that something that was discussed. The next time I hiking up there I will look around for a sign of a battle up there. Thanks for bring that up I appreciate it very much.

Take Care my friend and again thanks:tu:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

It seems they don't publish tremmors less than 3.5 .as you say it may only take a tremmor of 1.0 or 2 .0 to have the desired effect.

Have you noticed if the flashes happen after rainfall ? Topsoil could possibly slide,causing crystals or minerals to rub together.

Another thought,it might be a bit far fetched and highly unlikely,

Something on the hillside that is reflective is catching moonlight and flashes at a certain angle.i doubt moonlight would be bright enough to cause it ,but it's just a thought.

Good thread btw.

I don't think it something reflective, because it's a quick bright flas. If it was moonlight it should stay lite, don't you think?

Hey I appreciate your continued participation in thread, Inwll keep you guys updated if anything changes, thanks again.:tu:

• Like 1

Old ammo exploding is interesting but i can pretty quickly tell if a flash is electrically based or chemically based, for example did what you see match fireworks im going to guess you will say no, that it was more like welders archs, lightening , power transformers, stun guns etc.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:37 AM, Xeno-Fish said:

That's a generalization I wouldn't bet on. Just because some are superstitious doesn't mean all are. So grave robbers are a possibility. 

I agree.  There are tourists, people of other religious persuasions, criminal activity, even teenagers on dares...

• Like 4

Something I just thought about. I can't remember where I saw it or if I read it. But there was this naturally occurring fire that was the result of heat and natural gases. I think it had something to do with dead plants off gassing. The thermal mass spontaneously ignited are something to that effect.

• Like 4

On 4/11/2021 at 5:35 PM, Manwon Lender said:

Positive as always, I like you Xeno but changing the conversation and offering your ideas in way that only fits them isn't always a great way to carry on a conversation.:lol:

See the bolded above. 

Then quit asking for opinions if you're not willing to entertain them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Then quit asking for opinions if you're not willing to entertain them. 

Its funny so far in this thread your the only who see things like this, I bet its because of your ever optomistic outlook on life.:lol:

Thanks Xeno, and your right!:yes:

On 4/13/2021 at 6:55 PM, ChrLzs said:

I agree.  There are tourists, people of other religious persuasions, criminal activity, even teenagers on dares...

Yep, all the alleged yeti artifacts were stolen from those Himalayan monasteries

On 4/13/2021 at 7:04 PM, Xeno-Fish said:

Something I just thought about. I can't remember where I saw it or if I read it. But there was this naturally occurring fire that was the result of heat and natural gases. I think it had something to do with dead plants off gassing. The thermal mass spontaneously ignited are something to that effect.

Yeah wisps

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/04/what-causes-will-o-the-wisps/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:10 AM, Manwon Lender said:

That's an idea I have not considered, but I know what you saying correct. When I went trough demolition training in the US Army that something that was discussed. The next time I hiking up there I will look around for a sign of a battle up there. Thanks for bring that up I appreciate it very much.

Take Care my friend and again thanks:tu:

Read a bit about what Xeno-Fish talked, the flamio Will o the wisps. One interesting fact is the methane spontaneous burn is caused by phosphine and phosphine can be produced from the degradation of white phosphorus. White phosphorus munitions were used extensively in Korea and possibly in your region. Maybe it's related and helping the creation of Will o the wisps.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Read a bit about what Xeno-Fish talked, the flamio Will o the wisps. One interesting fact is the methane spontaneous burn is caused by phosphine and phosphine can be produced from the degradation of white phosphorus. White phosphorus munitions were used extensively in Korea and possibly in your region. Maybe it's related and helping the creation of Will o the wisps.

I suppose White Phosphorus could possible explain it, but here is my problem with it. Once it is exposed to air it immediately combusts, so for that to be occurring there would have to be UXOs unexploded munition that are leaking, and if that's the case the heat generated would also cause them to explode and there have been no explosions so far. In addition that material is highly corrosive and I would think it would have eaten through any UXOs that were buried long ago.

Can you see my point, either way thanks for the information if you have any additional ideas please let me know. 

White (or yellow) phosphorus is the most common and most reactive of the three allotropic forms of phosphorus. [1Because of its reactivity, white phosphorus has been used as an incendiary agent by the military or as an igniter for munitions. An incendiary agent is one that is primarily designed to set fires. White phosphorus commonly is found in hand grenades, mortar and artillery rounds, and smoke bombs. [2

Munitions-quality white phosphorus is generally found as a waxy, yellow, transparent solid. When exposed to air, it spontaneously ignites and is oxidized rapidly to phosphorus pentoxide.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/833585-overview

• Like 1

I would go camping there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

So would I, in fact I would not think twice about. I am a through and through skeptic when it comes to Alien visitation to Earth or  the Paranormal. Whatever, I gave been seeing has a scientific explanation and sooner or later with the help of people on this forum I will figure it out. So far the most plausible theories were brought by 13 Bats, and Jon the Frog. Bats seems to think it could be rocks rolling down the Mountainside and hitting a material made up of flint or quarts. Another theory that is possible was brought up by Jon the Frog, Jon thinks it could be old unstable  munitions ( Rifle Rounds )that have been laying around since the Korean going off due to corrosion. Because these mountains are covered with all kinds of UXOs, I encounter some ever time I go hiking. But, I honestly don't know if there are any in that location, in the near future I am going to go up there and check it out.

Peace man

41 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

So would I, in fact I would not think twice about. I am a through and through skeptic when it comes to Alien visitation to Earth or  the Paranormal. Whatever, I gave been seeing has a scientific explanation and sooner or later with the help of people on this forum I will figure it out. So far the most plausible theories were brought by 13 Bats, and Jon the Frog. Bats seems to think it could be rocks rolling down the Mountainside and hitting a material made up of flint or quarts. Another theory that is possible was brought up by Jon the Frog, Jon thinks it could be old unstable  munitions ( Rifle Rounds )that have been laying around since the Korean going off due to corrosion. Because these mountains are covered with all kinds of UXOs, I encounter some ever time I go hiking. But, I honestly don't know if there are any in that location, in the near future I am going to go up there and check it out.

Peace man

I had a situation where I would see flickers of light in a swamp. It turned out to be headlights from a road on the other side of said swamp.

I had to go camping to make sure.

I worked with an old man that told me while in Korea he saw some lights that behaved like stars in the night sky, but would move around once in awhile. He put the sighting down in his reports. His base commander told him to stop, but he invited him to watch. His BC saw it, and left it at that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Davros of Skaro said:

I had a situation where I would see flickers of light in a swamp. It turned out to be headlights from a road on the other side of said swamp.

I had to go camping to make sure.

I worked with an old man that told me while in Korea he saw some lights that behaved like stars in the night sky, but would move around once in awhile. He put the sighting down in his reports. His base commander told him to stop, but he invited him to watch. His BC saw it, and left it at that.

My house is on the 17 four facing part of the Mountain. What I been seeing is a bright flash of Bluish White light. It is below the tree line, but when it happens it bright so it illuminates its surrounding including the trees. It happens very quickly and it's like a camera flask. There is no rime or reason for this to happen, sometimes it is a single lite and that's it, others there have been as many as 4 flashes in rapid succession and there never happen in the exact same area, they are around 10 feet apart.

If you read through this thread, you will see all the ideas people and they were all good ideas. However, I had to dismiss some of them because they just would not even come close to what I am seeing. I am going to up date this thread in the next day or so, after I talk with a Buddhist Monk to get his impression of what maybe happening, I really don't know how he will take the news it may be interesting.

Thanks for post my friend, and take Care.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davros of Skaro said:

His base commander told him to stop, but he invited him to watch. His BC saw it, and left it at that.

That's an empathetic BC, right there.

If that was happenning, why is the HUGE amateur astronomy community not seeing and recording it?  If it's 'high' in the sky, then even in fairly remote regions there would be a few all-sky cameras recording it, and the movements would leave detectable 'wiggles' (that's a technical term) recorded for posterity / investigation.

And I would suggest it could simply have been a case of microsaccades.  Look it up.

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

That's an empathetic BC, right there.

If that was happenning, why is the HUGE amateur astronomy community not seeing and recording it?  If it's 'high' in the sky, then even in fairly remote regions there would be a few all-sky cameras recording it, and the movements would leave detectable 'wiggles' (that's a technical term) recorded for posterity / investigation.

And I would suggest it could simply have been a case of microsaccades.  Look it up.

This was around the korean war. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2021 at 10:02 PM, Davros of Skaro said:

It's kind of like I am camping, I mean it's on the mountain that our home is on. The only difference is that I looking down from the 17 floor on the Moutain side.