Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
rashore

Poltergeists? Ghosts are just people, too

rashore

Hollywood has led people to believe that ghosts are not only real but vicious things that rip flesh and possess children to want to hang out in corn fields.

Nothing can be further from the truth.

This article is being written on behalf of the ghost in your house, who wants you to know they are just people too.

https://www.escondidograpevine.com/2021/04/05/poltergeist-in-the-house-ghosts-are-just-people-too/

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

papageorge1

I liked the article. I think it is time to get the paranormal 'normalized' down to the level of helping regular people. Right now there is very little advice for experiencers beyond getting their physical environment checked out and getting mental/physical evaluations. Now that we have the internet and cable TV stations I believe real ghost phenomena may be 'fairly rare' but not 'all that rare' either.

I see it on this forum and elsewhere that people are just looking for straightforward assistance and are not out to prove themselves to non-believers in such phenomena. This author seems to be one that supplies such assistance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Xeno-Fish

People haunt themselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

TashaMarie

If there is a ghost in my house it can start paying rent and help with the housework.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Grey Area
2 minutes ago, TashaMarie said:

If there is a ghost in my house it can start paying rent and help with the housework.

that was similar to my thoughts, they need to start observing the laws a bit better.  Particularly around trespassing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

rashore
1 minute ago, TashaMarie said:

No kidding. I got rid of mine by demanding it fix whatever the heck it was knocking on and get on with it or I would sic the BBB on them. Got that ghost out of my basement real quick. :rolleyes::lol:

• Haha 6

rashore

Thread cleaned. Folks, stop talking about each other. It's a fun opinion piece, no need to get personal. 

• Like 3

acute

:tu:

Orphalesion

I thought Poltergeists were believed to be psychic phenomena, possible caused by living people?

• Thanks 1

bison

That's  the up-to-date take on 'poltergeists'. Some form of unconscious energy from individual persons, expressed as repeated instances of spontaneous psychokinesis. Science has not been able to find the energy that turns ideas into external actions. I strongly suspect that human thoughts can affect reality directly, in small ways. If reality is itself merely an idea, albeit a very strong and convincing one, it makes sense that our own thoughts may be able to affect it, to a small, and localized degree.

I've had infrequent spontaneous psychokinesis happen around me for decades. Some of the manifestations strike me as being remarkably dexterous, and sometimes even helpful.     

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

papageorge1
17 hours ago, bison said:

That's  the up-to-date take on 'poltergeists'. Some form of unconscious energy from individual persons, expressed as repeated instances of spontaneous psychokinesis. Science has not been able to find the energy that turns ideas into external actions. I strongly suspect that human thoughts can affect reality directly, in small ways. If reality is itself merely an idea, albeit a very strong and convincing one, it makes sense that our own thoughts may be able to affect it, to a small, and localized degree.

I've had infrequent spontaneous psychokinesis happen around me for decades. Some of the manifestations strike me as being remarkably dexterous, and sometimes even helpful.     

I am thinking there might be multiple types of phenomena given the 'poltergeist' label. The spontaneous psychokinesis of living people and also the actions of non-physical entities.  And a third theory of non-physical entities harnessing the energy given off by strongly emotional individuals (most commonly emotionally troubled teen age girls).

bison
Posted (edited)

In addition to those three categories, we should probably consider a forth: The conscious use of psychokinesis by corporeal beings more advanced along these lines than ourselves, so, presumably extraterrestrials.

There is a persistent, otherwise puzzling, connection of recent alleged UFO/ET close encounters, and the onset of apparent psychokinetic events around these experiencers.

It stands to reason that if humans have the beginnings of psychokinetic powers, at least unconsciously, that older and more advanced ET species would have more of the same, and, perhaps, conscious access to these powers.

I wonder if conscious PK would be biased toward more dexterous and interactive experiences than the unconscious (human) variety.   

Edited by bison
added information

Xeno-Fish

Oh, boy. Here we go again......