Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

toleration of others

trevor borocz johnson

I asked on a forum 'would the world be better if we were nicer to each other about illicit drug use?' the smartest answer was the world would be better if we were more tolerable of others in general. So I ask how to do that? 

• Like 1

I think it would help if more people would mind their own business and stop whining about others so much.

If there is no harm being committed, then it's nobody's business as to what another should or shouldn't do.

Edited by onlookerofmayhem
Grammar
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

I asked on a forum 'would the world be better if we were nicer to each other about illicit drug use?' the smartest answer was the world would be better if we were more tolerable of others in general. So I ask how to do that? 

Mayhem has the right of this. If you dont like it, you have the option to avoid them. Free will. With that said, sending positive thoughts towards someone addicted is a very good thing to do. Just don't accept the burden they placed upon themselves. Don't offer to help. They have to want it bad enough to ask. If they, or you are alone, no harm, nor foul. Laying a guilt trip is the worst thing to do. That goes  for alcohol as well as illicit drugs. Hope this helps.

34 minutes ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

The basis of the answer you're seeking is empathy; how would you like to be treated if you were in the other person's shoes? If that's not possible in some cases, then basic respect for others, even where it doesn't seem warranted, just because others are fellow human beings.  

Edited by bison
added information