Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Boehner on how history will judge presidents he’s known. Trump: ‘I don’t think very well’

Grim Reaper 6

So John Boehner, 71, still sounds a little surprised that Joe Biden is the 10th president he has met through a career that began in the Ohio state Legislature and concluded with a stint as speaker of the House. That job made him second in the line of succession to the White House. One of those presidents, Ronald Reagan, inspired him to switch parties to become a Republican. George W. Bush became as close as a brother; Boehner said they were like "two peas of the same pod." He holds Barack Obama responsible for the biggest disappointment of his public life when they failed to seal a landmark budget deal. And Donald Trump has left him alarmed by the direction of the GOP and the state of the country's democracy. 

When a young aide to Boehner embarrassed Trump by giving him the wrong name for one of the insurance executives, Trump dressed him down in a way that Boehner said was "dark." He called the aide an "idiot" in an expletive-laced tirade. "This was more than New York bluster," Boehner said. "This was real anger, over something very, very small. We had no idea then what that anger would do to our country."

John Boehner on how history will judge presidents he’s known. Trump: ‘I don’t think very well’ (msn.com)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bec99 said:

Splitting hairs. If I lived there and my business destroyed, yup, the taser terrorists. 

Boo hoo. Enough said.

3 hours ago, bec99 said:

Boo hoo. Enough said.

:rolleyes:

Pointless . Reads as though OP has found a  crumb which he wants to fashion into a meal .

Somewhat obsessed methinks . 

• Like 1