Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

US Partially to Blame for Gain of Function Research in Wuhan Which Probably Resulted in a Lab Leak

67 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

OverSword

Here is what happens when you don't follow your own guidelines.  someone should be held accountable on our end here.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Is there a printed version or just give me the spoiler, unproven CT?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Is there a printed version or just give me the spoiler, unproven CT?

Just listen to it.  Another thing you can do is go watch the 60 minutes story referenced in this video from a couple of Sundays ago.  If you can watch that and still say the lab leak sounds like a conspiracy theory you're pretty stupid. 

Here I found it.  The below news article gives a good accounting from both sides.

 

 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Just listen to it.  Another thing you can do is go watch the 60 minutes story referenced in here from a couple of Sundays ago.  If you can watch that and still say the lab leak sounds like a conspiracy theory you're pretty ****ing stupid. 

Since there is no direct evidence of the origin, we have to rely on probability. Here the bat-hypothesis wins big!

Quote

Nobody has found a coronavirus in a Wuhan lab that experiments made more transmissible, became identical to SARS-CoV-2, and then infected a worker. Likewise, nobody has found a coronavirus in the wild that mutated to become similar to SARS-CoV-2 as it passed through other animals, and then infected humans. Both ideas are largely evidence-free at this point. They are both possible.

But they are not, however, equally probable. They differ in the number of events that could create each scenario. Redfield’s lab leak idea relies on one event, or perhaps a small handful: a mistake in the lab. The wildlife spillover idea has millions of chances to occur.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/its-much-more-likely-the-coronavirus-came-from-wildlife-not-a-lab1/

So please don't insult people, just because they don't share your youtube-eureka-moment.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Since there is no direct evidence of the origin, we have to rely on probability. Here the bat-hypothesis wins big!

So please don't insult people, just because they don't share your youtube-eureka-moment.

Consider this.  There were no outbreaks in the area the bats would have come from prior to massive outbreaks in Wuhan.  Biologists know that a virus doesn't jump between species and is immediately super contractible, there are several mutations to that point but no sign of these intermediary strains.  There were many papers written by researches from the wuhan lab about bat corona viruses but the WHO could find no samples.   An article in Scientific American says they think one thing is more likely than the other but I have posted many interviews with biologists that say the same and come to the opposite conclusion.  

Watch these if you dare.  Or keep your head in the sand for no good reason other than you don't want to be wrong.  This is not a Eureka moment.  Some leading biologists have been saying all along that there is no conclusive evidence yet but that the lab leak makes much more sense.  And it does. 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Consider this.  There were no outbreaks in the area the bats would have come from prior to massive outbreaks in Wuhan.  Biologists know that a virus doesn't jump between species and is immediately super contractible, there are several mutations to that point but no sign of these intermediary strains.  There were many papers written by researches from the wuhan lab about bat corona viruses but the WHO could find no samples.   An article in Scientific American says they think one thing is more likely than the other but I have posted many interviews with biologists that say the same and come to the opposite conclusion.  

Watch these if you dare.  Or keep your head in the sand for no good reason other than you don't want to be wrong.  This is not a Eureka moment.  Some leading biologists have been saying all along that there is no conclusive evidence yet but that the lab leak makes much more sense.  And it does. 

Sorry, I don't trust Youtubers. They are either politically biased or in it for the money. And they are rarely educated in the stuff they try to 'sell'.

Give me a peer-reviewable paper from professionals instead.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija

Thanks for the videos, OverSword :tsu:.

I think it really is as simple as this: "It's not unusual for respiratory pathogens that are being worked on in a laboratory to infect a laboratory worker".

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Sorry, I don't trust Youtubers. They are either politically biased or in it for the money. And they are rarely educated in the stuff they try to 'sell'.

Give me a peer-reviewable paper from professionals instead.

Spoken with true ignorance in this case.  And very open minded of you, or possibly the opposite of that. ;) Do you trust 60 minutes to do a good job reporting?  Look at the reply above to bats13, I edited it and inserted the 60 minutes video from a couple of weeks ago.  The fact that CBS is putting this information out there is a good sign that the narrative is getting ready to flip.

Edited by OverSword
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Here is what happens when you don't follow your own guidelines.  someone should be held accountable on our end here.

 

 

@zep73 @the13bats @ouija ouija It seemed strange to me that if The Hill thought this was important information, why didn't they publish an article on the subject. Well, after doing a little more research it all starts to become very clear. The involvement of Dr. Fauci in this has been debunked, so if that is false, why should anyone listen to the rest of this. Sorry, my friend but if you believe this you have been hosed!:(

Although the NIH did fund a project at the Wuhan lab, there’s no proof that the coronavirus was bioengineered. Both the WorldNetDaily article and Hilton’s segment rely on a series of unsubstantiated allegations to spin a conspiracy theory about the virus being a lab creation. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/08/worldnetdaily/no-dr-anthony-fauci-did-not-fund-research-tied-cov/

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/02/09/covid-dr-anthony-fauci-did-not-fund-research-tied-creation/4450338001/. Dr. fauci involvement debunked 

This entire story was started by a Conservative media source called World News Daily. The story that started this was published in April 2020  https://archive.is/3iUa9

 

So in the end this is just another Conspiracy Theory and sadly my friend you fell for it, but I suspose it could happen to anyone. If they see something they believe and do not properly research it, this will probably be me next time:lol:

B30A107C-F5AD-4ED3-B2C1-5D08AB11AE84-29271-0000282AA2188F33.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
Posted (edited)

I do not have issue with the truth about the origin of covid but i have no interest in looking at what a person posts to back up their claims when it comes with pointless insults that if the person looking at it thinks for themselves and doesnt lemming your opinion they are stupid or got their head in the sand,

So rather than being a mullet jumping at your bread tossed on the water i will just wait for that published scientific peer reviewed work not a clickbait video whose cover still is the 3 monkeys.

And i didnt even have to wait that long big thanks to manwon lender for exposing the BS.

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It seemed strange to me that if The Hill thought this was important information, why didn't they publish an article on the subject. Well, after doing a little more research it all starts to become very clear. The involvement of Dr. Fauci in this has been debunked, so if that is false, why should anyone listen to the rest of this. Sorry, my friend but if you believe this you have been hosed!:(

Although the NIH did fund a project at the Wuhan lab, there’s no proof that the coronavirus was bioengineered. Both the WorldNetDaily article and Hilton’s segment rely on a series of unsubstantiated allegations to spin a conspiracy theory about the virus being a lab creation. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/08/worldnetdaily/no-dr-anthony-fauci-did-not-fund-research-tied-cov/

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/02/09/covid-dr-anthony-fauci-did-not-fund-research-tied-creation/4450338001/. Dr. fauci involvement debunked 

This entire story was started by a Conservative media source called World News Daily. The story that started this was published in April 2020  https://archive.is/3iUa9

 

So in the end this is just another Conspiracy Theory and sadly my friend you fell for it, but I suspose it could happen to anyone. If they see something they believe and do not properly research it, this will probably be me next time:lol:

B30A107C-F5AD-4ED3-B2C1-5D08AB11AE84-29271-0000282AA2188F33.jpg

 

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i will just wait for that published scientific peer reviewed work not a clickbait video whose cover still is the 3 monkeys.

What about 60 minutes?  Clickbait?  I mean personally I could care less what some of the people here think about the origin of the virus, but in order to accept it as a natural event I think you also have to deem china as a trustworthy source of information.  If you believe that then God help you.  Since you've made it clear that you haven't and won't watch the information then who cares what you think, why are you even contributing?  Seeya.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well, after doing a little more research it all starts to become very clear. The involvement of Dr. Fauci in this has been debunked

Where does it say Fauci funded anything?

Edited by OverSword
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What about 60 minutes?  Clickbait?  I mean personally I could care less what some of the people here think about the origin of the virus, but in order to accept it as a natural event I think you also have to deem china as a trustworthy source of information.  If you believe that then God help you.

As you can see here, television networks are not "too good" to sink to that level, to get good ratings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories#Television_specials

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, zep73 said:

As you can see here, television networks are not "too good" to sink to that level, to get good ratings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories#Television_specials

It takes me all the way to the bottom of the page.  Can you show me where a serious and trusted source such as 60 minutes, the longest running show on television I believe, tried to convince anyone the moon landings were faked.  

Look, if you're not going to look at any of the information in this thread then I don't see why you're bothering to participate in it.  If you watch any of it then you would have to admit some doubt about a couple of things but you've made up your mind and no new information will be listened to or tolerated so pretty much done with you.  Bye.

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What about 60 minutes?  Clickbait?  I mean personally I could care less what some of the people here think about the origin of the virus, but in order to accept it as a natural event I think you also have to deem china as a trustworthy source of information.  If you believe that then God help you.  Since you've made it clear that you haven't and won't watch the information then who cares what you think, why are you even contributing?  Seeya.

Read manwons post, you got duped, toss all the insults you desire you still got duped.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
40 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Sorry, I don't trust Youtubers. They are either politically biased or in it for the money. And they are rarely educated in the stuff they try to 'sell'.

Give me a peer-reviewable paper from professionals instead.

Quite.

Although in this case, oversword's (favourite) source is obviously very well qualified.

They are real scientists. Specialising in... frogs.

He knows this but keeps believing them for some reason :rolleyes:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What about 60 minutes?  Clickbait?  I mean personally I could care less what some of the people here think about the origin of the virus, but in order to accept it as a natural event I think you also have to deem china as a trustworthy source of information.  If you believe that then God help you.  Since you've made it clear that you haven't and won't watch the information then who cares what you think, why are you even contributing?  Seeya.

Please quit while your Ahead!:lol: An old man go's to see a Witch doctor because his grandson had a major birth defect. When he showed his grandson to the Witch doctor, the witch Doctor was surprised because the boy didn't have a body, he was only a head. Well the Witch Doctor said that he could help him, but it may be dangerous, but the boys grandfather said go ahead and try. Well the Witch Doctor mixed up potion and gave the boy a drink, and all of a sudden there was a boom and a puff of smoke. When the smoke cleared the boy had a torso. Well the grandfather was so happy he said give him more. So the boy was given another drink, and the same thing happened and the boy had arms. Well at this point the grandfather was jumping up and down, and he said give him another drink. So the Witch Doctor did said are you sure, this could be dangerous but the grandfather was insistent. This time there was an Hugh explosion and when the smoke cleared the boy was gone.:cry:

Well the Witch Doctor then told the grand father that he warned him, and he said we should have quit when he was a HEAD! !:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Please quit while your Ahead!:lol: An old man go's to see a Witch doctor because his grandson had a major birth defect. When he showed his grandson to the Witch doctor, the witch Doctor was surprised because the boy didn't have a body, he was only a head. Well the Witch Doctor said that he could help him, but it may be dangerous, but the boys grandfather said go ahead and try. Well the Witch Doctor mixed up potion and gave the boy a drink, and all of a sudden there was a boom and a puff of smoke. When the smoke cleared the boy had a torso. Well the grandfather was so happy he said give him more. So the boy was given another drink, and the same thing happened and the boy had arms. Well at this point the grandfather was jumping up and down, and he said give him another drink. So the Witch Doctor did said are you sure, this could be dangerous but the grandfather was insistent. This time there was an Hugh explosion and when the smoke cleared the boy was gone.:cry:

Well the Witch Doctor then told the grand father that he warned him, and he said we should have quit when he was a HEAD! !:lol:

Yeah I got half a sentence into that.   

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Where does it say Fauci funded anything?

Did you watch the Video you posted, it says that Dr. Fauci as the HEAD of the NIH funded the Wuhan Lab!!:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HandsomeGorilla

Which is why this Anti Chinese nonsense is exactly that. I'm not pretending they're our best friends, but damn... 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Yeah I got half a sentence into that.   

I bet you did the same thing with the video!:yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Did you watch the Video you posted, it says that Dr. Fauci as the HEAD of the NIH funded the Wuhan Lab!!:unsure:

Maybe read your own article it says the NIH did fund research.  It also says Fauci didn't fund the research.  So which is it?  Or id your obfuscating wouldn't both be true?  Did Fauci turn over his own money?  Of cousre not

Quote

Although the NIH did fund a project at the Wuhan lab, there’s no proof that the coronavirus was bioengineered.

 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
4 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I bet you did the same thing with the video!:yes:

Your cute little folk tale was not related so.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

<snip>

Well the Witch Doctor then told the grand father that he warned him, and he said we should have quit when he was a HEAD! !:lol:

That was terrible and sure does fit, oversword jumped, was duped and you know how that goes.

Edited by the13bats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.