Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One dead and police officer shot at U.S. school

Eldorado

One person has been killed and a police officer shot after an incident at a high school in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Police said they were called to Austin-East Magnet High School at around 3.15pm following reports of a male who was possibly armed.

"Upon approach of the subject, shots were fired," said a statement, adding that the police officer was hit at least once.

Sky News report

Edited by Eldorado
  • Sad 5

This stuff is barely even news worthy anymore. Locally there were two shootings here yesterday.  Every morning I turn on the local news for the weather and am treated to at least one shooting locally every day.  A shooting in Tennessee doesn't even get on my radar.  Until I get shot myself I'm in apathy mode I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

19 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Really to many killings of the police.:(

And I’ll preface this with a reminder that I’m incredibly lucky to still have my father who was shot in the line of duty, but just too many police killings? Not anyone else? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

wow, shootings really increase when dems are going after second amendment, as if they make it all happen.

I’d plump for the less conspiracyalicious idea that the media is only reporting on shootings now that the Dems want them to.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

its so sad that about many police are being killed doing their jobs :( 

And the students? What about them?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This stuff is barely even news worthy anymore. Locally there were two shootings here yesterday.  Every morning I turn on the local news for the weather and am treated to at least one shooting locally every day.  A shooting in Tennessee doesn't even get on my radar.  Until I get shot myself I'm in apathy mode I guess. 

See, this is what I woke up to:

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/seattlenews/article/shooting-seattle-central-district-three-injured-16093401.php  Two year old among those shot here yesterday.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

And the students? What about them?

They're not police so not deserving of her hero worship 

1 hour ago, aztek said:

wow, shootings really increase when dems are going after second amendment, as if they make it all happen.

So we're just going to pretend that there were no mass shootings under trump?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I’d plump for the less conspiracyalicious idea that the media is only reporting on shootings now that the Dems want them to.

sure, and the left was not paying attention to shootings in the last 4 years, sure, lol, anything they could to use it against trump they would,  if someone really believes the left would cover up shootings when reps are in power, i'd seriously question their sanity 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

So we're just going to pretend that there were no mass shootings under trump?

so we will just pretend the left would not use any of those against trump, and keep quiet about them, lol 

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

wow, shootings really increase when dems are going after second amendment, as if they make it all 

34 minutes ago, OverSword said:

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/seattlenews/article/shooting-seattle-central-district-three-injured-16093401.php  Two year old among those shot here yesterday.

Jaded much? Welcome to Oversword's new normal. Me? Not so much. Still hurts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

sure, and the left was not paying attention to shootings in the last 4 years, sure, lol, anything they could to use it against trump they would,  if someone really believes the left would cover up shootings when reps are in power, i'd seriously question their sanity 

At least you're  consistent. So there's  that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

At least you're consistent. Part deaux.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

so we will just pretend the left would not use any of those against trump, and keep quiet about them, lol 

Trump is a criminal. Plenty to go after him for other than shootings. But with several major ones occurring under him, if we're blaming the political party in charge for shootings, you should be giving him way more flack then Biden at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I hear this everyday. You're right in the city OverSword. Thankfully I'm pretty far out of it.

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-shootings-stop-the-violence-gun-philly-crimes/10505821/

This link mentions other days also.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/gun-violence-continues-philadelphia-11-shot-including-10/story?id=77003987

Edited by susieice
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Maybe I'd take it more seriously if we saw weekly stats on gun deaths in Chicago, NYC, Philly, and a few other blue cesspools.  They usually get left out of the reportage of this "public health crisis".  

20 minutes ago, and then said:

Maybe I'd take it more seriously if we saw weekly stats on gun deaths in Chicago, NYC, Philly, and a few other blue cesspools.  They usually get left out of the reportage of this "public health crisis".  

Philadelphia finished second in the country last year. Pasted only by Chicago. Two weeks ago, ABC listed stats that put Philadelphia at 126 and NYC at 72 so far for 2021. That's just people who died, not all who were shot. And it's the criminal element doing it. Not legal gun owners. Like the articles I posted say, Philadelphia is way ahead of last years stats and are looking at around 600 possible for this year. Talked to another member from the Baltimore area. Same thing. And none of this mentions murders by other means. Pushing people in front of subway trains was popular in NYC for a while and beating people on the streets, particularly the elderly.

We don't know the murder rates of most of the cities and it's probably a good thing we don't. I know LA was quite a bit lower than Philly last year. But that again only was by guns.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, and then said:

You don't need to take it seriously, it doesn't affect you. Unless you are local, you don't get weekly reports on Dallas and Ft. Worth either.   They are not blue by the way , but have a great  tradition of weekly shootings, road rage and wife beatings. It ain't red or blue its crowds of people, some drunk, some angry, some want things, some crazy, some just had enough and want to shut somebody up reminding them they are a loser.  

• Like 2

Well. The 11 o'clock news is over. Tonight it's 6 shot 4 dead. That's 4 for the tally and 2 only if they die in the hospital. Tonight there was a man and his mother who kidnapped his 2 year old son and killed the mother and grandmother. His mom registered a hotel room and that's where they were caught. The child is safe and the other two are in custody. Now we go into the overnight. There will be more by morning. There always is. 

The 11 o'clock news usually has the total for the whole day.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

You don't need to take it seriously, it doesn't affect you. Unless you are local, you don't get weekly reports on Dallas and Ft. Worth either.   They are not blue by the way , but have a great  tradition of weekly shootings, road rage and wife beatings. It ain't red or blue its crowds of people, some drunk, some angry, some want things, some crazy, some just had enough and want to shut somebody up reminding them they are a loser.  

I've seen a lot of shootings where someone was just walking down the street or in a playground. Attending a BarBQ or minding their own business in general. People get out of a car and just start shooting. There's been people shot just driving down a highway or a street. You just never know.

I won't go anywhere near the place and a lot of people are leaving the city again.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

You don't need to take it seriously, it doesn't affect you.

The HELL YOU SAY... I get sanctimonious suits telling me I'm a criminal by owning a firearm and every time some of these hateful, maladjusted murderous thugs decide to do an imitation of the OK Corral, a group of your heroes in DC start explaining why I have to disarm.  Oh yeah, it DOES affect me.  The fact that such madness and gunplay aren't happening where I am is that the average thug knows there WILL be return fire.  

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." ― Robert A. Heinlein, 

• Like 1