Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
the13bats

I tested + covid antibodies?

Recommended Posts

the13bats

I thought in the past posted about how we do a survey thing for a college and about 3 months ago they sent us covid tests i cant find that thread so who knows.

Tinas results came back weeks ago negitive but my test result came in today and at the time of the test i was pos for covid antibodies,

I could root around on the net but im thinking you guys can clue me in faster and answer my questions.

Is it odd i tested pos and tina tested neg?

Does this effect getting a vax this week?

Thanks all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
acute
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Does this effect getting a vax this week?

Not at all!

Previous infection is no guarantee of immunity. Some people have had Covid-19 twice.

If you get a vaccine --- any of the current vaccines --- you and your family will be safer.

 

Edited by acute
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Posted (edited)

Sorry, who is Tina? :lol:.

I assume she is someone who lives with you.

No not odd at all. Me and my fiance lived with my grandmother when we both got in in December and were super worried she would catch it but she never did it seems.

If you're not actively sick with Covid than there is no reason not to get vaccinated. I got my vax about three months after being sick.

Since you already have the antibodies your first vax will give you more side effects than people who didn't get Covid before.

It sounds like you were one of those lucky asymptomatics.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
Posted (edited)

Tina is my wife,

I was planning to get stuck this week so still will,

Thanks guys :tu:

Edited by the13bats
typo, was planning to
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Just now, the13bats said:

Tina is my wife,

I wasnt planning to get stuck this week so still will,

Thanks guys :tu:

Not that it matters since you're probably both getting vaxed. 

But it's also possible that your wife was also asymptomatic but her body just didn't develop lasting antibiotics.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
Posted (edited)

Those home tests are very unreliable, and work best as a beacon when used very broad. Hers could very likely have been a false negative. Up to half of them show false negatives.

Edited by zep73
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Those home tests are very unreliable, and work best as a beacon when used very broad. Hers could very likely have been a false negative. Up to half of them show false negatives.

Does that mean they also give false positives ?

Edited by spartan max2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
Just now, spartan max2 said:

Does that mean they also give false positives ?

Not to my knowledge, since their problem is low sensitivity to anti-bodies.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
22 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Those home tests are very unreliable, and work best as a beacon when used very broad. Hers could very likely have been a false negative. Up to half of them show false negatives.

Yes it was a test we did at home but i have a feeling correct me if im mistaken it wasnt grandpas home covid test,

What you did was rub and hold a swab different places in the mouth then place swap into a tube of solution that has a sealing cap then into a baggy sealed with cool biohazard decal then into a chemical activated mail refrigerator,

Short of blood it was pretty high end imho.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

What you did was rub and hold a swab different places in the mouth

Not a good place to find antibodies or viruses. You need to get much deeper inside, where it's not very nice to be swabbed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

Thats a shame the university wastes so much time and money on tests that are worthless.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Occupational Hubris

Some states are very particular about when you cab get a vax after testing positive for antibodies or the virus. I would check your local health department to see what the rules are for your state. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Hankenhunter
4 hours ago, the13bats said:

Tina is my wife,

I was planning to get stuck this week so still will,

Thanks guys :tu:

I'm booked for the twenty sixth. Finally. My wife has COPD. She's been scared. We've been lucky. We live in a small town along a major arterial highway in B.C. So far about 200 cases, and a few deaths. My year younger brother Mark, was one if them. It was rough. Glad you guys made it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
7 hours ago, the13bats said:

I thought in the past posted about how we do a survey thing for a college and about 3 months ago they sent us covid tests i cant find that thread so who knows.

Tinas results came back weeks ago negitive but my test result came in today and at the time of the test i was pos for covid antibodies,

I could root around on the net but im thinking you guys can clue me in faster and answer my questions.

Is it odd i tested pos and tina tested neg?

Does this effect getting a vax this week?

Thanks all.

Do you remember being ill?

It appears if your wife did not also have antibodies, one of two things happened, your infection was so mild that you did spread the virus, or two the test you took could have given a false positive, it's happened before!:yes:

If you really do have antibodies and the test didn't give a false positive, in  reality it will give you a stronger immune response which is great. 

Your a lucky dude my friend .:tu:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
6 hours ago, zep73 said:

Those home tests are very unreliable, and work best as a beacon when used very broad. Hers could very likely have been a false negative. Up to half of them show false negatives.

That's very true Zep, but they will get better over time!:)

Peace Bro

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
5 hours ago, zep73 said:

Not a good place to find antibodies or viruses. You need to get much deeper inside, where it's not very nice to be swabbed.

Actually the Nose is the best location to test, the Virus will build up in the nasal cavity. I have been test twice here in Korea, ( not home tests ) and they go way up nose, it's bit painful but the test here very effective.:yes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Walt' E. Kurtz

I got tested for COVID before getting on the ward which is standard procedure (Nasal swab). And If you leave the ward to have a stroll you're required to wear a mask. 

When they test the sample in the lab they process each of the swabs (nasal, NP, and throat) exactly the same. As acute said;" some people have had covid more than twice" yep and more.. taking the VAX is still highly recommended.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
5 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

I got tested for COVID before getting on the ward which is standard procedure (Nasal swab). And If you leave the ward to have a stroll you're required to wear a mask. 

When they test the sample in the lab they process each of the swabs (nasal, NP, and throat) exactly the same. As acute said;" some people have had covid more than twice" yep and more.. taking the VAX is still highly recommended.

 

That's great advice my friend, take care.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
'Walt' E. Kurtz
37 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That's great advice my friend, take care.

Thanks  with the VAX you have a better resistance to covid

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
5 hours ago, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Thanks  with the VAX you have a better resistance to covid

That is for certain my friend.:tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness

If I tested positive for the antibodies, I would be inclined to get an Antibody Titer Test, if one is available in your area. The only caveat to this is, I'm not sure that they have developed a publicly available test to measure the amount of the antibodies in the average patient's blood, yet. If you can get one, and have sufficient antibody levels, then you may not need a vaccination.  Why challenge your body's immune system, again, if you don't need to?

"The antibody titer is a test that detects the presence and measures the amount of antibodies within a person’s blood. The amount and diversity of antibodies correlates to the strength of the body’s immune response."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.