Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All US troops out of Afghanistan by Sept 11

Eldorado

United States President Joe Biden will leave US troops in Afghanistan past the current May 1 deadline but will withdraw them by September 11, US officials said Tuesday.

“After a rigorous policy review, President Biden has decided to draw down the remaining troops in Afghanistan and finally end the US war there after 20 years,” a senior administration official told reporters.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/4/13/biden-to-withdraw-us-troops-from-afghanistan-by-september-11

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-withdraw-troops-afghanistan-9-11/

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to All US troops out of Afghanistan by Sept 11
5 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

United States President Joe Biden will leave US troops in Afghanistan past the current May 1 deadline but will withdraw them by September 11, US officials said Tuesday.

“After a rigorous policy review, President Biden has decided to draw down the remaining troops in Afghanistan and finally end the US war there after 20 years,” a senior administration official told reporters.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/4/13/biden-to-withdraw-us-troops-from-afghanistan-by-september-11

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-withdraw-troops-afghanistan-9-11/

20 years?   I was in the army in the 70's and we had troops in Afghanistan then.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

September 11th????  Hmmm..

I'll believe it when I see it completed.

• Like 5

"John Sopko, the US Department of Defense’s special inspector for Afghanistan reconstruction, told a House of Representatives committee on Tuesday that without US military and financial support, the Afghan government in Kabul could face collapse."

TWENTY EFFFING YEARS... Do these people have any idea how they sound with these statements?  Had it not been for bureaucrats like this pushing for fat budgets, we could have saved lives AND billions...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

September 11th????  Hmmm..

Very interesting isn't it, September / 11 / 2001  was responsible for our invasion there and September/ 11 / 2021 the chosen date to bring our soldiers home, 20 years to the day that the World Trade Center was destroyed. In all honest I will believe it when I see it, but one thing is for certain if we pull out the Taliban will over run the country in less than a month. In addition Al-Qaeda will have a new home where they can plot their next attack!:angry:

1 hour ago, and then said:

"John Sopko, the US Department of Defense’s special inspector for Afghanistan reconstruction, told a House of Representatives committee on Tuesday that without US military and financial support, the Afghan government in Kabul could face collapse."

TWENTY EFFFING YEARS... Do these people have any idea how they sound with these statements?  Had it not been for bureaucrats like this pushing for fat budgets, we could have saved lives AND billions...

Most Americans have forgotten why we are even there. If not for 11 September 2001 attack and the destruction of the World Trade Center by Osama Bin Laden, we would never had invaded in the first place. So in reality our invasion had nothing to do with any bureaucrats, it was directly due to the worst terrorist attack in Americas history and all the American lives we lost that day.:(

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Very interesting isn't it, September / 11 / 2001  was responsible for our invasion there and September/ 11 / 2021 the chosen date to bring our soldiers home, 20 years to the day that the World Trade Center was destroyed. In all honest I will believe it when I see it, but one thing is for certain if we pull out the Taliban will over run the country in less than a month. In addition Al-Qaeda will have a new home where they can plot their next attack!:angry:

It was supposed to be sometime next month.

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Most Americans have forgotten why we are even there. If not for 11 September 2001 attack and the destruction of the World Trade Center by Osama Bin Laden, we would never had invaded in the first place. So in reality our invasion had nothing to do with any bureaucrats, it was directly due to the worst terrorist attack in Americas history and all the American lives we lost that day.:(

IMO when the terrorist camps were gone so should we have been.  But we had to stick around and ensure the CIA heroine supply lines reopened and make sure that China's mining rights were defended. :gun:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I realize that, but when your deal with the logistics involved and the safety considerations of moving all those soldiers a few months either way isn't really important. The only thing that is important is getting our soldiers out of that Hell Hole!

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

I realize that, but when your deal with the logistics involved and the safety considerations of moving all those soldiers a few months either way isn't really important. The only thing that is important is getting our soldiers out of that Hell Hole!

I'll believe when it happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

IMO when the terrorist camps were gone so should we have been.  But we had to stick around and ensure the CIA heroine supply lines reopened and make sure that China's mining rights were defended. :gun:

Well that's an interesting theory, but it shows that your opinion is bias. I certainly agree it should not have taken 20 years to bring our soldiers home, however your concept of jumping in and destroying some camps and leaving is very flawed.:unsure:

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

Well that's an interesting theory, but it shows that your opinion is bias. I certainly agree it should not have taken 20 years to bring our soldiers home, however your concept of jumping in and destroying some camps and leaving is very flawed.:unsure:

Trillions of dollars and thousands of lives lost and devastated later, my way is better.  We could always go back if the camps go back up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Trillions of dollars and thousands of lives lost and devastated later, my way is better.  We could always go back if the camps go back up.

You know one thing I find funny is the concept that after an invasion, and during the occupation phase that all we do is spend money. In the Middle East, that isn't completely true, in almost any situation there we are not only protecting our interests we also as a Nation line our pockets. In Iraq for instance do you think we paid top dollar for all the oil we exported, well in reality we made out in a big way. Not only did US companies come in and rebuild the infrastructure they also bought into production, so while few Americans know what really go's on it's not always about spending money in some cases our country actually makes some money too.:yes:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You know one thing I find funny is the concept that after an invasion, and during the occupation phase that all we do is spend money. In the Middle East, that isn't completely true, in almost any situation there we are not only protecting our interests we also as a Nation line our pockets. In Iraq for instance do you think we paid top dollar for all the oil we exported, well in reality we made out in a big way. Not only did US companies come in and rebuild the infrastructure they also bought into production, so while few Americans know what really go's on it's not always about spending money in some cases our country actually makes some money too.:yes:

You mean in some cases big business actually makes some money too and our politicians invest in their stock.  :rolleyes:   But heroine prices probably went way down after we got the market up and running again. :tu:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You mean in some cases big business actually makes some money too and our politicians invest in their stock.  :rolleyes:   But heroine prices probably went way down after we got the market up and running again. :tu:

In reality if heroine is being exported by the CIA as you have stated, I don't know where they are selling it. All the Heroine that is found in the United States is coming out of South America as raw Opium and processed in to Heroine in Mexico and then smuggled in to the US. But, yes big business does exactly as you describe, and our politicians make bank by building a stock portfolio which to me is criminal.:angry:

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

That was Trump’s date, therefore they HAD to change it because they csn’t be seen doing anything that the BOM did. But does anyone want to wager that come September 12th there will still be a sizeable US presence in Afghanistan?

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

That was Trump’s date, therefore they HAD to change it because they csn’t be seen doing anything that the BOM did. But does anyone want to wager that come September 12th there will still be a sizeable US presence in Afghanistan?

That's my bet too.

Heroin . . . . . just sayin' :whistle:

Members of Biden's Cabinet have been appealing to the president in recent months to grant the U.S.-backed mission there just a little more time to achieve some form of peaceful settlement with the Taliban and allow for an orderly American withdrawal. Army Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, reportedly delivered an "emotional" argument during one meeting in March to consider leaving U.S. troops there beyond the May 1 deadline, one of the terms of a partially secret deal then-President Donald Trump signed with the Taliban.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/biden-ordered-afghanistan-withdrawal-despite-objections-from-top-advisers-congress/ar-BB1fCi8z

• Like 3

They’ve had 20 years. Do you really think 21 would have made the difference?

• Like 8

Pull them out. Theres no point in Nation Building if the nation they want is antithical to what we want.

• Like 3

Dang! Just replied to the other thread on this. Probsbly it will be closed soon.

I believe this is Good. Theres no point is spending dollars and people on a nation that refuses our Nation Building. They want their tribal system, not Democracy. Let them have it.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Mitch McConnell sure does not seem to want a pull out.  

That is certainly a fact Tate, Bidens decision recieved a great deal of push back all the way aroung!!:yes: