Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mandela effect discussion

the13bats

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Come on papa you dont need to resort to that malarkey.

thats like saying "i dont know why but i know Santa Claus and the Easter bunny are real, and you know this because a superior being has selected you the chosen one to see the highly questionable vauge clues.

While us unenlighted ones just arent ready to see the light that EM had a job with the better sweapskates company in a tangent universe.

Its critically flawed, you cant make up unproven opinions to try to support other unproven claims it doesnt wash and in this case if and thats a hugh qualifying "if" tangent universe beings caused ME then they would know papa is a true believer and could give him enough ammo to prove hes not just so ego driven he cant admit ME is actually just his faulty memory.

We Mandela Effect believers already know this hard to swallow. It's hard for us to swallow but we got to follow the evidence.

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The Mandela Effect allows for different people to have different experiences. Some people experienced hearing about Nelson Mandela dying in the 1980's and others didn't (I didn't for example). I, a million others and Johnny Carson remember EM surprising publishing sweepstakes winners at their doors with giant checks. Even if we got the PCH name wrong (which I doubt we got wrong) the never surprising winners with a giant check from a publishing company was still experienced by us. 

By definition my remembering events correctly isnt "Mandela effect" its normal memory, no phenomenon attached.

What i bolded you embellished to the point of basicaly making it up, which drives a big nail in the coffin proving my point about flawed memory as in this case go watch that video over and over you will see i am correct you are wrong, so you either couldnt recall that video correctly, more flawed memory or you were embellishing fiction to further your inability to accept your memory is flawed.

Carson doesnt "remember" or make any reference about PCH he makes a vauge remark about his friend EM thats it, not a word about what ed did or didnt do concerning any sweepstakes, nor at any point is "PCH " mentioned, the big check has what appears to be a mispelling or altered for legal reasons. Header. EMs name isnt on it. The gag ends with carson saying EM is with some female of a species in Hawaii.

You did experence EM with a big check given to a winner as i posted before and again here..

big+ed.jpg

Just it never happened with AFP which he did work for and of course didnt happen with PCH which he didnt work for, it was with a state lotto gig he had, so you were only partly memory flawed on that one.

50 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

We Mandela Effect believers already know this hard to swallow. It's hard for us to swallow but we got to follow the evidence.

In this case your only evidence is your flawed memory ive persented a wealth of evidence to prove that you are mistaken and your ego will not allow you to admit it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, the13bats said:

By definition my remembering events correctly isnt "Mandela effect" its normal memory, no phenomenon attached.

It's normal correct memory that contradicts the current consensus reality.

And Carson's check even had 'Publishers Clearing House' written on the upper right in big letters. Another 'just a confusion' by someone you would say.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

As can happen on forums you may have taken seriously something I was only making humor over. That passage I quoted was way over my head and couldn't possibly have been written by me nor understood by me or bats. I was joking that I was at that level of mathematical sophistication on the Mandela Effect. I'm not. That was all.

Well thanks for clearing that up, but know I understood you were joking and in reality thats also I was also whay I doing. So please take my comments seriously either.:)

Thanks for the post Papa

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

It's normal correct memory that contradicts the current consensus reality.

And Carson's check even had 'Publishers Clearing House' written on the upper right in big letters. Another 'just a confusion' by someone you would say.

No, it didnt, yes, that is a confustion by you or thats either you seeing what you want to see or just not rememering it correctly.

Here is how PCH wrote their name on their checks,

OIP.x02hpx5wTmd_pB8H6QYS3gHaF7?w=193&h=1

The letterman check is a different font an edited spaced oddly mess, while you will knee jerk thats more proof of tangent universe its not, its more like how an artist changed a gag check enough not to get sued.

Screenshot_20210414-170414_copy_480x270.png.b72e2bac08f5c8057344cb9536da69ab.png

Does that read "Pub lishers" or "Vub lishers" who knows, doesnt matter as Either way its nothing like an authentic PCH oversized novelty check, if you can find a PCH check with this odd font and spacing i for one would like to see you post it.

In addition carson never connects EM to any sweepstakes only mentioning they are friends.

Your case is weak and keeps getting weaker.

27 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No, it didnt, yes, that is a confustion by you or thats either you seeing what you want to see or just not rememering it correctly.

Here is how PCH wrote their name on their checks,

OIP.x02hpx5wTmd_pB8H6QYS3gHaF7?w=193&h=1

The letterman check is a different font an edited spaced oddly mess, while you will knee jerk thats more proof of tangent universe its not, its more like how an artist changed a gag check enough not to get sued.

Screenshot_20210414-170414_copy_480x270.png.b72e2bac08f5c8057344cb9536da69ab.png

Does that read "Pub lishers" or "Vub lishers" who knows, doesnt matter as Either way its nothing like an authentic PCH oversized novelty check, if you can find a PCH check with this odd font and spacing i for one would like to see you post it.

In addition carson never connects EM to any sweepstakes only mentioning they are friends.

Your case is weak and keeps getting weaker.

The gag probably didn’t have rights to use PCH’s official logo on the fake check. But why that name then. I’ve seen other residue and this one’s only a straw on the camel’s back.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The gag probably didn’t have rights to use PCH’s official logo on the fake check. But why that name then. I’ve seen other residue and this one’s only a straw on the camel’s back.

If you mean straw on the camels back as in further proving you have a faulty memory then yes, we agree on that.

Well duh, PCH was the biggest name in TV sweepstakes and EM was the biggest celebrity name connected to them its expected the two big names to be mixed up combined in people like yourselves memory.

Its like " looney tunes / looney toons.

Some dont get why a cartoon was being called a tune, it just must be proof of a tangent universe, right? well, not to fast.

Around 1929 disney had silly symphonies basically storyless cartoons put to music, i love "the skeleton dance" they dont aire much any more

Around 1930 warner bros came out with their cartoons and likely seeing how popular disneys were they got very cheesy lazy and called theirs " looney tunes" not much on imagination, and to show the WB staff could out do themselves in laziness about a year after looney tunes they bring out merry melodies, all with names relating to music,

Im sure Disney was delighted, so its no wonder nearly a century latera lot of people think a cartoon should be called "looney toons" so they remember it in that mistaken way.

It really comes down to a belief shaping or creating a memory. Someone can so thoroughly convince them that a memory is true that when faced with the actually truth they will deny it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, the13bats said:

If you mean straw on the camels back as in further proving you have a faulty memory then yes, we agree on that.

Well duh, PCH was the biggest name in TV sweepstakes and EM was the biggest celebrity name connected to them its expected the two big names to be mixed up combined in people like yourselves memory.

Its like " looney tunes / looney toons.

Some dont get why a cartoon was being called a tune, it just must be proof of a tangent universe, right? well, not to fast.

Around 1929 disney had silly symphonies basically storyless cartoons put to music, i love "the skeleton dance" they dont aire much any more

Around 1930 warner bros came out with their cartoons and likely seeing how popular disneys were they got very cheesy lazy and called theirs " looney tunes" not much on imagination, and to show the WB staff could out do themselves in laziness about a year after looney tunes they bring out merry melodies, all with names relating to music,

Im sure Disney was delighted, so its no wonder nearly a century latera lot of people think a cartoon should be called "looney toons" so they remember it in that mistaken way.

The loony toons one I don’t have an opinion on. I do believe the universe whacked us on the Ed McMahon check.

We would need a new thread. I’m in on the Berenstein one. Seen Fruit Loops change to Froot Loops during the ME era! My personal Flintstones flip:flop event is strong for me. Chic-fil-a I’m in on. Fabreeze I’m in on. What am I forgetting?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The loony toons one I don’t have an opinion on. I do believe the universe whacked us on the Ed McMahon check.

We would need a new thread. I’m in on the Berenstein one. Seen Fruit Loops change to Froot Loops during the ME era! My personal Flintstones flip:flop event is strong for me. Chic-fil-a I’m in on. Fabreeze I’m in on. What am I forgetting?

You've got a memory like the static on a old tv. All fuzz. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

We do not imnsho need a new thread.

What i believe is you have such a profound issue with being wrong admitting your memory is flawed you would construct this tangent universe whacking you idea.

As a child i pointed out "froot" was spelled wrong, i also was irked at the odd spelling of febreze, and chik, i didn't care thought hey were trying to spell it cutesy,

Edited by the13bats

40 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My personal Flintstones flip:flop event is strong for me.

You never gave the excuse why with it going on for several minutes and it being so epic an experence you didnt get a screen shot or save it in any way, i think you imagined it.

That's the bad thing about memory and the memetic nature of information. All it takes is just one person to say that X, Y, or Z thing was different. Then others will follow suit. Creating a kind of hive mind all based on bad memory. Perhaps a shared delusion. 

Edited by Xeno-Fish
  • Like 1

We do not imnsho need a new thread.

What i believe is you have such a profound issue with being wrong admitting your memory is flawed you would construct this tangent universe whacking you idea.

As a child i pointed out "froot" was spelled wrong, i also was irked at the odd spelling of febreze, and chik, i didn't care thought hey were trying to spell it cutesy,

Got ya, on one. It’s Chick. No odd spelling that could have irked you.  Now are you a believer?

You never gave the excuse why with it going on for several minutes and it being so epic an experence you didnt get a screen shot or save it in any way, i think you imagined it.

I think PG has such a strong paranormal reality tunnel that anything and everything is perceived to a greater/lesser degree of "spookiness". So it wouldn't surprise me that he imagined it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Got ya, on one. It’s Chick. No odd spelling that could have irked you.  Now are you a believer?

You got nothing, my phones spell check is auto learning and i spell chick chik like i spell thanks thanx or pic pix, nice try epic fail.

"Chick-fil-a" wtf is "fil-a" hence why i said trying to be cutesy, no my spell correct isnt proof of tangent universes.

It does prove my eyes and phone are too old

Edited by the13bats

Never thought to video capture but that would need instant timestamping and easily faked and proof of nothing. And my focus shifting and returning was a key in the process.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

You got nothing, my phones spell check is auto learning and i spell chick chik like i spell thanks thanx or pic pix, nice try epic fail.

So???? What odd spelling irked you then? You’re cooked now. Believe?

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Never thought to video capture but that would need instant timestamping and easily faked and proof of nothing. And my focus shifting and returning was a key in the process.

Nice cop out, it at least would be something you have nothing.

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So???? What odd spelling irked you then? You’re cooked now. Believe?

Um, no, you are reaching,

I said "chic" too lazy to spell out the weird cutesy full spelling "chick-fil-a"

"Chic" is go to for chick on my phone,

While my typing spelling correct blunder might seem a perfect way to take spotlight off your failed memory its not, its grasping you are better than that or are you.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Um, no, you are reaching,

I said "chic" too lazy to spell out the weird cutesy full spelling "chick-fil-a"

"Chic" is go to for chick on my phone,

While my typing spelling correct blunder might seem a perfect way to take spotlight off your failed memory its not, its grasping you are better than that or are you.

Bats, I’m concerned about even your short term memory. What odd official spelling irked you on that one??,,,

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Bats, I’m concerned about even your short term memory. What odd official spelling irked you on that one??,,,

Keep up.

I will quote where i explained it to you before, try to grasp,

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

20 minutes ago, the13bats said:

"Chick-fil-a" wtf is "fil-a" hence why i said trying to be cutesy, no my spell correct isnt proof of tangent universes.

Perhaps rather than cutesy i should have said cheesy,

Man, if you are getting this wound up trying to take the failure spotlight off yourself with "chik" i hate to think how big you would have messed yourself had i written it,

"Chixfila" as i have in text for decades.

So when you get past that why do you suppose,

23 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why not?

27 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

I think PG has such a strong paranormal reality tunnel that anything and everything is perceived to a greater/lesser degree of "spookiness". So it wouldn't surprise me that he imagined it. 

I wasnt being mean when i suggested that but i think he was so wrapped up with the whole thing has to be more epic it cant be his poor memory far more logical its a tangent universe creeping in,

Did you note he made the claim in that story he was on the debunking side of ME/faulty until he ses this himself and had no choice but to believe,

seems a lot of true believers point at some little highly questionable unproven story as what made them go from skeptic to believer in a wink.

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

Keep up.

I will quote where i explained it to you before, try to grasp,

Perhaps rather than cutesy i should have said cheesy,

Man, if you are getting this wound up trying to take the failure spotlight off yourself with "chik" i hate to think how big you would have messed yourself had i written it,

"Chixfila" as i have in text for decades.

So when you get past that why do you suppose,

Why not?

OK, bad try. There’s no controversy in the least about fil-a. Your irked comment with the Chik called out makes no sense in context. Except if you were Mandela effected and thought it was Chik in this reality. Ohhhh

• Haha 1