Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden issues warning to Putin, proposes summit as Russian troops amass along the Ukrainian border

Grim Reaper 6

President Joe Biden on Tuesday urged Russian President Vladimir Putin to de-escalate tensions as thousands of Russian troops gathered along the Ukrainian border, while proposing a summit in a third country in the near future as relations between Washington and Moscow hit their lowest point in decades.

NATO stands with Ukraine," he said. "Russia must end this military buildup in and around Ukraine, stop its provocations and de-escalate immediately."  And German Chancellor Angela Merkel in a phone call with Putin last week demanded the Russian leader reduce the troop presence "in order to de-escalate the situation," the German government said in a statement, according to Reuters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/biden-issues-warning-to-putin-proposes-summit-as-russian-troops-amass-along-the-ukrainian-border/ar-BB1fC35B

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's count the ways the US could so easily be at war.

Ukraine, Syria, Iran, North Korea, South China Sea. Or are the Washington Wizards content with just causing friction? :(

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ukraine, Syria, Iran, North Korea, South China Sea. Or are the Washington Wizards content with just causing friction? :(

There's money to be made from war, doncha know. Someone's gotta buy those surplus weapons. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm beginning to believe that the Tan Messiah is writing checks that the Potato-in-Chief can't cash... and if something DOES get set off, it could be really bad.  It's looking like Vladimir Vladimirovich is actually going to finish the job of consolidating Russia's hold on Crimea and IMO it's because he realizes the U.S. has a fractured command structure at the very top.  With 80 thousand troops, several thousand of them in an "airmobile" role, eastern Ukraine could be overrun in days and once a few divisions roll in, it will be nearly impossible to dislodge them without NATO blood and treasure. 

F Biden and NATO attempt it then my guess is the Russian forces would be defeated unless Vlad decided he couldn't afford the humiliation.  The only thing worse than nukes are leaders who think they can be employed on a "limited" scale.  Apparently, Russia is having serious trouble securing sufficient water for Crimea and taking the east of Ukraine will solve this problem.  If I was a betting man, my money would be on little Rooty Poot rolling the dice while America has a senility issue in DC.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, and then said:

It's looking like Vladimir Vladimirovich is actually going to finish the job of consolidating Russia's hold on Crimea and IMO it's because he realizes the U.S. has a fractured command structure at the very top. 

Could very well be the case. Even if it is incompetence or $$ woes that keeps the US out, that works for me. Tired of the US being the world's police for free.

• Thanks 1

I think Russia would like to have a southern port in the Mediterranean, after annexing parts of Iraq and Syria.

I say let Russia move south until they reach the Golan Heights and then we won’t have to deal with them anymore. That is, if you believe Ezekiel 38, which I do.

The time for displaying supernatural power, has arrived. Make it so #1.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Whats your point?:unsure: Whether you realise or not NATO is back, for the last 4 years it was rendered ineffective by US Polices. So whether you realize or not, whether you like it or not, and whether you care or not with the US Back and Fully Supporting NATO 100% if Russia feels froggy let them jump. All of Western Europe is fully behiind NATOs stance against Russian Agression in Eastern Europe, if they dont back off or if they try and invade the Balkans, or Ukraine its going to explode in Putins face.:yes:

Trump is gone, no more kissing up to Putin and that is a fact!!!:yes:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, and then said:

I'm beginning to believe that the Tan Messiah is writing checks that the Potato-in-Chief can't cash... and if something DOES get set off, it could be really bad.  It's looking like Vladimir Vladimirovich is actually going to finish the job of consolidating Russia's hold on Crimea and IMO it's because he realizes the U.S. has a fractured command structure at the very top.  With 80 thousand troops, several thousand of them in an "airmobile" role, eastern Ukraine could be overrun in days and once a few divisions roll in, it will be nearly impossible to dislodge them without NATO blood and treasure. 

F Biden and NATO attempt it then my guess is the Russian forces would be defeated unless Vlad decided he couldn't afford the humiliation.  The only thing worse than nukes are leaders who think they can be employed on a "limited" scale.  Apparently, Russia is having serious trouble securing sufficient water for Crimea and taking the east of Ukraine will solve this problem.  If I was a betting man, my money would be on little Rooty Poot rolling the dice while America has a senility issue in DC.

I do agree the US did have a Fractured Command Structure, and that NATO was also rendered ineffective for the last 4 years. I dont beleive that your boy VLAD is going to be able to consolidate his hold the Crimea, because that fractured commond structure your talking about has been casted and along with NATO its read for action. The new Secretary of Defense isn't a wantabe pretended like his last two predecessors,:yes: he is a Real Soldier who has dedicated his life to the service of America. He is tactically and technically proficient and he has the ability to do his job, without being controlled by the White House like the last two were.:no: Presisdent Biden, has proven in the past that he is able WITHOUT EGO to ask for and except the adivse of those he places in key positions in his Administration. 

Your analogy above is beyond the bonds of realisim, Nuclear Weapons will not be used even in a Tactical Situation and to think so is very foolish. The only difference between the use of Tactical Nuclear Weapons and a full scale strike is a simple mistake. Once the genie is let out of the bottle it will not stop until a full scale Nuclear strike is used. This why Tactical Nukes are only allowed when the US DEFCON level reaches the same place where the United States is ready to launch a full scale Nuclear strike on an enemy Nation. So carry on and continue with your uneducated banter, time will certainly tell, and partner that time is quickly approaching!!!:yes:

Oh and by the way, the German Chancellor recently told Putin to pound sand, you see with Trump Gone, and the New Secretary of Defense out building a coalition for NATOs support of the FREE Eastern and Western Europe Putins sweating bullets, I bet the coward will backoff completely very soon,especially since Germany is our full partner again!!!!!!:devil:

And German Chancellor Angela Merkel in a phone call with Putin last week demanded the Russian leader reduce the troop presence "in order to de-escalate the situation," the German government said in a statement, according to Reuters.:devil::devil: 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, and then said:

I can't see that at all. Leadership is better than before. The previous orangutan who masqueraded as POTUS was much less of a concern than the current administration. Trump wouldn't have the guts to call him out on media. Putin is Putin. He will just roll over any obstacles. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Could very well be the case. Even if it is incompetence or $$ woes that keeps the US out, that works for me. Tired of the US being the world's police for free.

The dilemma is that refusing to intercede if Putin actually attempts a major invasion, could motivate he or Xi to act even more aggressively.  OTOH, if our military DOES play a combat role it could escalate into something that NO American would be willing to risk if they had a voice.  I don't have any blind allegiance to any country in eastern Europe but if I had to choose one, I'd say I'd support helping Poland fight off Putin.  

IMO, when the USSR imploded and good faith arrangements were made to Russia, it included NOT offering NATO membership to former republics in close proximity to Russia's territory.  The U.S. leadership straight-up lied and the result has been seen in Georgia, Crimea, and likely now in eastern Ukraine.  

I think if puppet-man's programmers tell Zelensky that we will help with intel and armaments but we will not put boots on the ground, he will find a way to negotiate his way out of a war.  Biden's Sec Def AND Sec State are sending ambiguous messages and that is always dangerous.  Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait because he misinterpreted our ambassador's language.  Putin has been under increasingly stiffer sanctions since he took Crimea and now his choice is to secure a reliable water supply for Crimea or have his ambitions stymied until he can do so.  

OTOH, 80K troops is NOT a credible invasion force if the goal is to take all of Ukraine.  If he believes he can charge in to eastern Ukraine and seize strategic locations until more divisions can come in to consolidate his hold then 80K will be enough to be getting along with.  I'm hoping Putin still remembers their experience in Afghanistan.  Insurgents in Ukraine wouldn't be THAT effective but with a steady supply of highly lethal aid, Ukraine would become a blood sponge.  

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I think Russia would like to have a southern port in the Mediterranean, after annexing parts of Iraq and Syria.

I say let Russia move south until they reach the Golan Heights and then we won’t have to deal with them anymore. That is, if you believe Ezekiel 38, which I do.

The time for displaying supernatural power, has arrived. Make it so #1.

God doesn't punish. Nor does he interfere. He gave us free will to do as we please.  Earth is a learning place, where we create our own heaven, or hell depending on how corrupt our leaders are at any particular time.

You're quoting from Ezekiel, but forgetting the free will part. Ezekiel is as bad as the rest of the Doom Sayers. He just found favor with the church is all.

I'm willing to bet that the real original bible was more of a booklet when written, than the bloated meanderings we have today. It got so bloated, the New Testament had to be brought forward because the parishioners were getting suspicious. Could it be anymore unfathomable, except for selected official bible interpreters? That's the joke, and punch line served up with a bow tie. God is all forgiving. It's his creations in meat suits that aren't. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, and then said:

The dilemma is that refusing to intercede if Putin actually attempts a major invasion, could motivate he or Xi to act even more aggressively.  OTOH, if our military DOES play a combat role it could escalate into something that NO American would be willing to risk if they had a voice.  I don't have any blind allegiance to any country in eastern Europe but if I had to choose one, I'd say I'd support helping Poland fight off Putin.  

IMO, when the USSR imploded and good faith arrangements were made to Russia, it included NOT offering NATO membership to former republics in close proximity to Russia's territory.  The U.S. leadership straight-up lied and the result has been seen in Georgia, Crimea, and likely now in eastern Ukraine.  

I think if puppet-man's programmers tell Zelensky that we will help with intel and armaments but we will not put boots on the ground, he will find a way to negotiate his way out of a war.  Biden's Sec Def AND Sec State are sending ambiguous messages and that is always dangerous.  Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait because he misinterpreted our ambassador's language.  Putin has been under increasingly stiffer sanctions since he took Crimea and now his choice is to secure a reliable water supply for Crimea or have his ambitions stymied until he can do so.  

OTOH, 80K troops is NOT a credible invasion force if the goal is to take all of Ukraine.  If he believes he can charge in to eastern Ukraine and seize strategic locations until more divisions can come in to consolidate his hold then 80K will be enough to be getting along with.  I'm hoping Putin still remembers their experience in Afghanistan.  Insurgents in Ukraine wouldn't be THAT effective but with a steady supply of highly lethal aid, Ukraine would become a blood sponge.  

The sanctions on Putin could always be doubled. He could be be brought to his knees by the U.S , and her allies economic might if their political will wasn't so corrupted by right wing (servers of self) politics. Your practically drooling at the possibilities for mayhem, and apocalyptic fun and games. You're great warometer to tell how to predict what's going to happen next.  Everyone will stand around and try and figure out a way to make a buck off it. Call that a prediction if you like. 

It will probably be another long drawn out affair just like the last time Putin got frisky. Everyone suffered while the rich got richer. Nothing changed. Not a damn thing.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Content and spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

I can't see that at all. Leadership is better than before. The previous orangutan who masqueraded as POTUS was much less of a concern than the current administration. Trump wouldn't have the guts to call him out on media. Putin is Putin. He will just roll over any obstacles. 

Thers is no comparison to the Leadership in the White, Across all branches of the military, and Government. You know for a President these people claim is mentally deficient, he has done more things right than Trump did in his first year in office!!!!:tu:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thers is no comparison to the Leadership in the White, Across all branches of the military, and Government. You know for a President these people claim is mentally deficient, he has done more things right than Trump did in his first year in office!!!!:tu:

Covid taskforce, gun regulation issues and ghost guns, now this. I think he will get more done in four months than the previous numbskull managed in four years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Covid taskforce, gun regulation issues and ghost guns, now this. I think he will get more done in four months than the previous numbskull managed in four years. 

I am with you, I was trying to be kind. The thing that bothers me most are the people in threads like this that would rather see Putin back down the US and NATO than see Biden put Putin in his place. The article in this thread is shows that changes are occurring. Over the last four years, Trump basiclly knee capped NATO in his efforts to give Putin free rain. In the few months that Biden has been President, and recommitted Full US Support back to NATO, now the European Leaders are also telling Putin where to shove it. A year ago the German Chancellor would not have told Putin in no uncertain terms to back off, no matter what some of these people think things are changing and very quickly and I think it scares some of these people!!!!!!:devil:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am with you, I was trying to be kind. The thing that bothers me most are the people in threads like this that would rather see Putin back down the US and NATO than see Biden put Putin in his place. The article in this thread is shows that changes are occurring. Over the last four years, Trump basiclly knee capped NATO in his efforts to give Putin free rain. In the few months that Biden has been President, and recommitted Full US Support back to NATO, now the European Leaders are also telling Putin where to shove it. A year ago the German Chancellor would not have told Putin in no uncertain terms to back off, no matter what some of these people think things are changing and very quickly and I think it scares some of these people!!!!!!:devil:

The only thing Trump did to NATO was make sure other countries paid their fair share. Now its another money pit for the American tax payer. But lets say you are right, Trump "knee capped nato" why wasn't Russia pulling this crap while Trump was in office? I think we know the reason, just like we know the reason he is pulling this now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

The only thing Trump did to NATO was make sure other countries paid their fair share. Now its another money pit for the American tax payer. But lets say you are right, Trump "knee capped nato" why wasn't Russia pulling this crap while Trump was in office? I think we know the reason, just like we know the reason he is pulling this now. 

No you are completely wrong I was still working as a US Contractor based out of NATO HeadQuaters in South Korea and performing  my Duties in the Middle East from 2017 - 2019. So please don't tell me what Trump did to NATO, I know first hand so please save it. Why didn't they pull what crap, like what invade the Ukraine, or shoot down Ukrainian Jetliner and kill hundreds of innocent civilians or like when Trump said publicly he would not support the Ukraine against Russian Aggression, And before you say no he did not, I suggest you Google it!:yes:

Trump intentionally set up the Ukraine and the Balkans as easy marks for Putins expansion.  Trump did this by knee capping and effectively taking NATOs power away. If Trump was reelected the Ukraine would have fallen this year, and the Balkans would have been annexed by the Russian Federation before the end of 2022. However, now that the US has again put its Full Support behind NATO, and all of the Western and all of the free Eastern EuropeanNations are ready to fight, and Putins chance of expansion is a big fat Zero!!:tu:

5 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

God doesn't punish. Nor does he interfere. He gave us free will to do as we please.  Earth is a learning place, where we create our own heaven, or hell depending on how corrupt our leaders are at any particular time.

You're quoting from Ezekiel, but forgetting the free will part. Ezekiel is as bad as the rest of the Doom Sayers. He just found favor with the church is all.

I'm willing to bet that the real original bible was more of a booklet when written, than the bloated meanderings we have today. It got so bloated, the New Testament had to be brought forward because the parishioners were getting suspicious. Could it be anymore unfathomable, except for selected official bible interpreters? That's the joke, and punch line served up with a bow tie. God is all forgiving. It's his creations in meat suits that aren't. 

Since the clear instruction in Genesis was to “make man in our image,” you seem to presume that there are no human emotions in Heaven, or only some emotions and not others.

A God without emotions, or only part of our feelings and emotions, is not in the image of man. 

What you also fail to understand is that the stage is set on earth, to make a display of supernatural power in favor of the name “Israel.” 

The Valley of Dry Bones in Ezekiel 38 was the Jewish Diaspora ending in the Holocaust, 

In this amazing story, we glimpse a window into the emotions and feelings of a god, like us, lamenting for the sake of His holy name.

The false presumption of the Gentile nations, is that Israel has no supernatural protection, especially after what happened to the Jewish people in WW2. All the Gentiles see are the “dry bones,” and no real power behind the restored state.

What is different now is that they bear the restored name, the holy name of “Israel.” A name given to them by God. 

You can fantasize all you want, about the nature of your “emotionless God,” but my guess is that Putin, or someone like him, will test more than the metal of the Western Alliance. He may be the man, in fact, who will be “forced” to invade southward(“hooks in his jaws,”) and the Westin Alliance won’t try to stop him.

Your God is only part human. Mine is a much better image of ourselves, but with the same feelings and emotions.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

No you are completely wrong I was still working as a US Contractor based out of NATO HeadQuaters in South Korea and performing  my Duties in the Middle East from 2017 - 2019. So please don't tell me what Trump did to NATO, I know first hand so please save it. Why didn't they pull what crap, like what invade the Ukraine, or shoot down Ukrainian Jetliner and kill hundreds of innocent civilians or like when Trump said publicly he would not support the Ukraine against Russian Aggression, And before you say no he did not, I suggest you Google it!:yes:

I have no idea what you are talking about, and neither does google. Trump gave Ukraine all kinds of support financially and militarily. He never said he wouldn’t support Ukraine. 

What do you know of first hand on how Trump knee capped nato? He only demanded other members pay what they agreed to pay, and to stop expecting us to pay their share. Which was a good thing. 

Russia wouldn’t have amassed an army on Ukraine’s boarder like they are doing right now, cause they I’m sure highly suspect Biden is weak and won’t do anything about it. 

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Trump intentionally set up the Ukraine and the Balkans as easy marks for Putins expansion.  Trump did this by knee capping and effectively taking NATOs power away. If Trump was reelected the Ukraine would have fallen this year, and the Balkans would have been annexed by the Russian Federation before the end of 2022. However, now that the US has again put its Full Support behind NATO, and all of the Western and all of the free Eastern EuropeanNations are ready to fight, and Putins chance of expansion is a big fat Zero!!:tu:

So let get get this straight, you honestly think Trump set it up so Putin could take over Ukraine? Smh, and I’m the crazy conspiracy theorist lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

All of Western Europe is fully behiind NATOs stance against Russian Agression in Eastern Europe

Ya, so long as America PAYS for it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ya, so long as America PAYS for it

Oh, come on that a bit of weak response, and thats also not going happen!

Thanks for your reply.

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I have no idea what you are talking about, and neither does google. Trump gave Ukraine all kinds of support financially and militarily. He never said he wouldn’t support Ukraine. 

What do you know of first hand on how Trump knee capped nato? He only demanded other members pay what they agreed to pay, and to stop expecting us to pay their share. Which was a good thing. 

Russia wouldn’t have amassed an army on Ukraine’s boarder like they are doing right now, cause they I’m sure highly suspect Biden is weak and won’t do anything about it. 

So let get get this straight, you honestly think Trump set it up so Putin could take over Ukraine? Smh, and I’m the crazy conspiracy theorist lol 

I actually believe that Trump effective hamstringed NATO so that Putin would have little if any allied intervention in Russian expansion and aggression and so do Europes Leadership. What I dont understand is why you are unable to see it, but no matter iyts over now and NATO is currently being reborn.

Trump's Biggest Gift to Putin Is Questioning NATO - The AtlanticTrump’s Biggest Gift to Putin 

Trump, Orbán, and Putin Are Forming an Authoritarian Alliance (msn.com) :  Trump, Orbán, and Putin Are Forming an Authoritarian Alliance

Donald Trump will not automatically defend NATO attacks from Russian attacks (news.com.au) Donald Trump: I won’t automatically back NATO allies

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Germany has approximately 141 Typhoon multirole aircraft.  At minimum 82 are supposed to be combat ready at any given time.  In 2018 the German military reported only 39 were combat ready but they counted any aircraft capable of flight as combat ready.  The actual number of combat ready was 4.  Germany has 245 tanks of which only 101 are operational.  Germany has zero armed combat drones in service.  Start looking up articles, most are dated to 2018, but one thing that comes up frequently is at best 30% of Germany's military equipment is operational.

Germany is only one nation but a lot of the countries in NATO are just like Germany, specially the western European countries.

Command can be perfect, there can be incredible unity and cooperation in NATO but the reality is most of the European countries in NATO only have a military on paper and would not be able to realistically engage in any type of hostilities with Russia without an extensive mobilization and armament period which they probably wont have.

Knowing that most of NATO has realistically no military why should America shoulder the overwhelming burden of defending Europe when they wont defend themselves.  My personal favorite is how some countries, Germany in particular, make trade deals with Russia enriching Russia and allowing them to continue upgrading their military while continuing to let their own militaries atrophy and complain and cry about a risk to NATO if America even mentions them pulling their own weight.

• Like 1