Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zanfretta UFO Incident

TrumanB

Several interesting details:

- hypnosis that proved his story

- horseshoe-shaped impression

- 52 witnesses who also claimed to have seen the UFO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanfretta_UFO_Incident

https://www.rinodistefano.com/en/books/the-zanfretta-case.php

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

According to Zanfretta, on December 6, 1978 at approximately 23:30, he was examining the villa "Casa Nostra", and upon entering the back yard saw a red, oval object with a diameter of over 10 metres (33 ft)

This was shortly after they beamed me into my mortal vessel. Said something about messing with people after they dropped me in. True story.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

How would hypnosis prove a story?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I did a little research on the subject and I must admit I am skeptical about this case, I have a paper written on this cases, that I share and that I am basing my opinion upon.

Alien Abduction Experience: Definition, neurobiological profiles, clinical contexts and therapeutic approaches

Despite the suggestiveness of the narratives, even of events of international impact such as those of Raymond W. Bernard, of the spouses Hill, Travis Walton and Pier Fortunato Zanfretta, there is no scientific evidence of the existence of such circumstances [1].

In Italy, in the last decade, a well-known university professor and independent researcher has published numerous investigations on the subject of hypnosis and alien abductions, claiming to have analyzed thousands of cases and to be able to demonstrate the veracity of the phenomenon [12,13], however, publicly, it never provided detailed research data and the final studies were never examined by a commission of inquiry capable of confirming the reliability and scientificity of the results, exactly as happened for the psychologist’s studies Frederick Malmstrom or William Mc Call. To date, there is no scientific publication that can refer to this research so clearly detailed and in-depth [1].

From the phenomenon of alien abduction, that of “contactism” must be differentiated, both from a technical and clinical point of view: the latter is the person who claims to be in contact with alleged extraterrestrial biological entities, in order to receive messages and communications of a nature mysterious, esoteric and spiritual (for the good of humanity), without ever undergoing contact with violence or compulsion [1].

This hypothesis, in a psychiatric clinic, is often associated with delusional or hallucinatory experiences, the result of a psychotic disorder or a class A personality disorder, well-structured and outlined in their chronic condition, according to DSM-5 [15]. In the hypothesis of alien abduction, if not repeated over time (according to the patient’s medical history), one could think of episodes of an acute or in any case less serious and pervasive nature, such as, for example, episodes of sleep paralysis, epilepsies of the temporal lobe, alterations determined by modifications of the electromagnetic field, constructions of false memories on a post-traumatic basis or single psychotic episode and dissociative tendency [16-33].

The DSM-IV, in its revised version R, included alien abductions in the section dedicated to religious and spiritual problems (V62.89) supporting the direct connection with the last generation religious movements. The DSM-5 instead radically shifts the axis of investigation by eliminating the thorny issue, thus bringing into play the multifactorial diagnosis and the possible correlations with the pre-existing conditions already categorized in the manual [5]. In other cases, on the other hand, the hypotheses of voluntary mystifications have often been found, as happened in the cases of the contactists Adamski, Manzano and Meier [1].

Finally, in some episodes of kidnappings, surgical interventions aimed at implanting alien devices in the human body are often mentioned, for the remote control of thoughts and physiological functions. Such “alien” plants would be concrete proof of the existence of the phenomenon [14]. However, despite some researchers and exponents of the scientific world have tried to find the materials explanted by the bodies, such as the well-known findings of Dr. Roger Leir (first known as a surgeon and then as a podiatrist specialized in micro-operations exclusively on the foot) and by ufologist (expert in certified hypnotherapy) Derrel Sims, little more than a dozen physical tests collected and certified (including, in 1978, a mysterious triangular object with a metallic nuclear heart, seven centimeters long and four centimeters long width, covered by a red-brown membrane and equipped with many receptors connected to the nerve endings), these findings were then mysteriously hidden, effectively avoiding further and accurate technical-scientific and biological investigations [1].

Popularization articles, there is no physical plant (of alleged alien origin) analyzed according to the criteria and methods validated by the international scientific community and reported on articles scientific published in accredited and specialized journals, despite the investigations carried out carried out by approved and accredited laboratories. On this uncertain situation, the suggestive statements of Leir and Sims himself, accompanied by written reports, focused on the following data:

a) The metallic, non-metallic and biological nature of the objects found after explant surgery;

b) The presumed materials, under one centimeter in size, manufactured with metal alloys of a meteoritic nature of the class of hexahedrites, with traces of 11 elements including Cobalt, Iridium, Iron, Nickel and Boron, wrapped in an oily and membranous shell ( hard to the touch, well beyond tempered steel), composed of protein clots, hemoseridine, keratin and nerve proprioceptors, capable of preventing an immune response of an inflammatory nature, and particularly sensitive to phonons -quantum particles associated with the vibrational waves of solids-;

c) some implants emitted a strong electromagnetic field, between 2 and 6 Milligauss (in 15-93 MHz), before surgical removal;

d) explantation causes a neurobiological, emotional and somatic reaction in the patient;

e) the location of the implants under the epidermal surface and near the bones, in the hands, feet and head.

I am not passing judgement only offering information that will allow others to make up their minds.

Here is the link where the information above came from, it's a good read and there is a great deal more information than Inadded above:  https://www.peertechzpublications.com/articles/APT-4-116.php

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TrumanB said:

hypnosis that proved his story

Um no, hypnosis isnt proof.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hypnosis proves nothing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Add me to this request.  Please explain this.  Hypnosis also 'proved' Betty and Barney's stories, right?

I would point out my existing bias.. - hypnosis (if it does actually work - the jury is out on that one) can only uncover memories, and memories can have little or nothing to do with reality.  Plus, if it does work, while under hypnosis people are extremely vulnerable to implanted false memories and suggestions, or being 'led' to exaggerate, so it would be just about the worst possible approach to revealing reality.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

• Haha 2

Again my standard quote about "Alien abductions":

Abductions by aliens? No. It must be assumed that the biological/bacteriological/ virological environment on other planets, those may house life forms, may contain components with the potential to cause a threat to humans and to the Earth environment. As the status and the level of possible endangerment is not known, a maximum of precaution on Earth is required and executed, also in the vise-versa direction as well. For example, the NASA Office for Planetary Protection is taking care of these issues and is in tight collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In case of an abduction of humans by aliens, these humans are exposed to a.) alien life forms and b.) the environment the aliens are living in (space craft). Humans who were in such contact will be a high potential risk to other humans and the Earth environment. Well defined procedures, like quarantine, would take place in relation to control of epidemics for risk minimization purposes.

Until today, no person who claimed to have been abducted by aliens was ever subject to the rules and procedures of control of epidemics, means medical examination and quarantine. Zero. Based on this simple fact, it must be judged that there was no alien abduction ever and that the persons who are claiming so, do have a psychological disorder or are just telling fairy tales, deliberate or not. And again, there are other ppl who are making a lot of money with freaks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Hypnosis proves nothing

It maybe prove that the person actually believes that what they're saying is true.  (deluded)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

It maybe prove that the person actually believes that what they're saying is true.  (deluded)

Yes, about as useful as lie detector tests. 

Convince yourself that something is real and you’re good to go!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 1:34 AM, OverSword said:

It doesn't prove it. It indicates, similar to poligraph. But we know that so called lie detector cannot be used on court.

3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

It doesn't prove it. It indicates, similar to poligraph. But we know that so called lie detector cannot be used on court.

We also know that under hypnosis people can’t be made to do things they don’t want to do that could include being honest about an ET experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When it comes to proving alien abduction hypnotism is basically worthless, you sure can lie under hypnosis and it encourages the brain to make up stuff to fill in the blanks, and look how leading some of the true believers in alien abduction who by the way earn a great living off book sales lead their mark.

People have done jail time for false memories dredged up in hypnosis sessions.

Here is this hypnosis. It's cool to listen to it in Italian language.

Edited by TrumanB

On 4/14/2021 at 6:50 PM, Eldorado said:

Hypnosis does not stop people lying.

http://johnmongiovi.com/blog/2015/08/30/can-you-lie-under-hypnosis

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/15/2021 at 7:27 PM, TrumanB said:

Hypnosis is nothing like a polygraph.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Delusion is different from lying.

Very true,

Thats where i have gotten in trouble with some true believers of whatever,

"Fred" claims to have magical special powers and sees blah blah, then fred gets cross with me for asking do you have anything to back up you claims or just stories,

We do the "it doesnt work that way" 2 step then i get attacked and belittled for asking for the proof fred doesnt have, i will sometimes get accused of calling fred a lier or saying hes full of bull, if fred gets too unhinged i very well may suggest he is mentally ill.

I am not saying every believer without proof is mentally ill i do believe varying degrees of mental illness can and do explain many paranormal claims.

If a person sufferes from delusion, cant accurately discern reality from delusion they are not liars or even making it up they sincerely believe their story.

A person can be sincere, no malace yet dead wrong.

• Thanks 1