Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon confirms 'pyramid-shaped' UFO video footage is authentic

Still Waters

11 hours ago, Timothy said:

the Lubbock Lights. 

Oh that was kust light reflecting off birds :blink:

Okay, okay i do know they really are and its just so simple and prosaic but im not telling you.

leaving.gif.b57024a27058dbd02429058301f5ecab.gif

Edited by the13bats

12 hours ago, Timothy said:

This was taken on my currently outdated iPhone 7 Plus from the ground, aircraft at ~4,500 feet and about 10km away.

2x optical zoom.

Anyone can work out what that is.

And I didn’t notice until cropping this, but it seems as if it’s being buzzed by a UFO off the right wing!

98C44485-ED91-43A2-9652-CB20F61782EB.jpeg

That's a better UFO shot than most of what is posted...  A couple of general points, just to use it as a learning tool...:

1. Daytime photography makes it much easier for even a crappy camera, over-digitally-zoomed/-enlarged (sorry for insulting your Iphone! ok not really..) to actually identify stuff.  Do alienz always only sneak around on the dark side of earth?  There is, of course, another possible explanation why we get very few daytime snaps..... hint, they are usually IFO's not UFO's.

2. The image is accompanied by some useful information, and I'm guessing Timothy would be happy to answer loads of questions and also post the original uncropped, unedited image file and perhaps any before and after images.  It's worth noting that simply posting the file using UM's system is actually not the best way to post an original file - UM RE-compresses the image, so more false data.... it's better to put it onto a file sharing service if you really want the best possible analysis.

3. There are some characteristics of tim's UFO that might allow further analysis (often the images are so bad that it's not worth it..).  The UFO is actually moderately interesting.... :) 

4. if anyone is interested in the process, I'm happy to go through how I would try to extract every last shred of information from Timothy and that image, in the hope of identifying the blob..  I'll even explain why I ask the questions and elaborate on how you, dear reader, could duplicate the process using free tools that are readily available.

To be perfectly honest, there is one aspect of image analysis I won't fully explain, and that is all of the ways in which we can detect editing (aka 'Photoshopping').  I don't want to help potential new hoaxers... :D 

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Timothy said:

This was taken on my currently outdated iPhone 7 Plus from the ground, aircraft at ~4,500 feet and about 10km away.

2x optical zoom.

Anyone can work out what that is.

And I didn’t notice until cropping this, but it seems as if it’s being buzzed by a UFO off the right wing!

98C44485-ED91-43A2-9652-CB20F61782EB.jpeg

this just goes to show when i say we should have lots of good pictures of UFOs im not asking for too much.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

4. if anyone is interested in the process, I'm happy to go through how I would try to extract every last shred of information from Timothy and that image, in the hope of identifying the blob..  I'll even explain why I ask the questions and elaborate on how you, dear reader, could duplicate the process using free tools that are readily available.

I very much enjoy your photo analyzing posts on here If you feel like the efford i would love the learning experience

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I very much enjoy your photo analyzing posts on here If you feel like the efford i would love the learning experience

OK. I hope Timothy doesn't mind... Tim are you on board?  Initially I'll just ask some questions and talk about the process.  If Timothy's willing to actually post the original, or perhaps send me the original file (I'll pm him my email address), then I'll also go through the steps and show the results, as well as make a comparison to a similar shot taken on a higher quality camera, to show how much difference it makes..

The first questions for Timothy are:

- do you know what it was?  :D :D 

is the original file available for posting?  (Don't do it yet... I'll explain the options later)

- are there any related files taken at the same time that might offer a clue, eg if there are similar spots or the spot is in the same place on several images, that's a big clue... :) 

- was this in a metropolitan or country or remote area, and were there any/many airports within say 30km?  Any motorways nearby?

Hmm.  I don't want to scare Timothy away so I'll stop there..!

In case anyone is thinking "what the hell..." :)  I'm not a professional investigator, but I've been an amateur then pro photographer for many, many years.  I'm now back to amateur again - it's just a hobby nowadays..  I also do have a strong scientific background, with a particular emphasis on methodology and problem solving...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hyp3ri0n said:

I see a parachute opening at the end ...hmmm

hmmm, the end of what?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

I’d genuinely be fascinated to see you go through the process. Analysing photos is not a field I have any experience in but I don’t mind taking a guess or two! Tim said  it was at an approximate height of 4500 feet so it’s not too far from an airport. If the plane is in the ascendancy  then the other object could could be either a plane that took off just before it or one coming into land. It could be something much nearer like a bird or even insect, a mark on the camera lens or dirt or rain on a window if taken from behind glass.

13 minutes ago, M 7 said:

I’d genuinely be fascinated to see you go through the process. Analysing photos is not a field I have any experience in but I don’t mind taking a guess or two! Tim said  it was at an approximate height of 4500 feet so it’s not too far from an airport. If the plane is in the ascendancy  then the other object could could be either a plane that took off just before it or one coming into land. It could be something much nearer like a bird or even insect, a mark on the camera lens or dirt or rain on a window if taken from behind glass.

Yup.  If you keep that up, you won't need me.. :D 

24 minutes ago, M 7 said:

I'll need  you to prove one of my guesses!

Gotta be honest - I don't think there will be any identification result...  That image is obviously pushed well beyond what might be called a 'useful' level of resolution - the plane is fairly well resolved, but the blob isn't.  And the main clue I'd normally use to determine whether it is distant or close is, sadly, missing...  If I get at the original, it might be better, but I think ... probably not.

When I compare this to a higher res shot of something at the same sort of distance, it will all become clear... :D 

Sorry about that dismal pun.

Edited by ChrLzs

On 4/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Your original argument became moot when you changed tactics to cast shade on the perceived personality of the poster, and not his logic. Most of your future posts on this subject are now tainted. Once bitten twice shy. Now every post you make will be subjected to ego scrutiny, instead of any valid content you might supply. You should have thought of that instead of allowing your ego to control you. You need to build the trust back up to be taken seriously. Why would anyone want to engage with you after this display of disingenuousness? The anger you induced will be at the forefront, and makes replying difficult. You reap what you sew. Is winning that important? Without logic, a debate is just a mud slinging fest.

What ever are you ranting about? Time to expand my ignore list.

The U.S. has so much evidence that it's overwhelming. This dribble is laughable. The only reason they're releasing this data now is because their hand is being forced by supernatural events, which make them look complicit, by continuing to hide the truth.

Having said this, I suspect some of these craft, could be advanced  holographics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The U.S. has so much evidence that it's overwhelming

So it will be easyo for you to post us up some.

their hand is being forced by supernatural events,

And what supernatural events would those be?

By continuing to hide the truth

Hide the truth about what?

I suspect some of these craft, could be advanced  holographics.

Basing that on what?

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Gotta be honest - I don't think there will be any identification result...  That image is obviously pushed well beyond what might be called a 'useful' level of resolution - the plane is fairly well resolved, but the blob isn't.  And the main clue I'd normally use to determine whether it is distant or close is, sadly, missing...  If I get at the original, it might be better, but I think ... probably not.

When I compare this to a higher res shot of something at the same sort of distance, it will all become clear... :D 

Sorry about that dismal pun.

Perhaps not, nevertheless the process, techniques or insights into the software you use is still fascinating.

• Like 1

Hi @ChrLzs, happy to get the original to you, but not publicly, as one could possibly identify my address from it. 

I’ve just jumped on quickly and might not have time to read the posts/respond tonight. But I doubt anything you’re requesting is unreasonable of course!

Hang tight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, M 7 said:

I’m happy to debunk this one, you need to clean your iPhone camera lens ;)

It honestly has a crack through the middle of the two lenses as well, which could possibly cause the ‘artifact/blob’, I haven’t noticed it/looked yet to see if it’s in other similarly-taken photos.

Or just grubbiness, I usually just rub it on my shirt. Lol.

(I don’t like using cases unless I’m hiking. It lasted four years without a crack, which ain’t bad. :rofl:)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

Oh that was kust light reflecting off birds :blink:

Okay, okay i do know they really are and its just so simple and prosaic but im not telling you.

leaving.gif.b57024a27058dbd02429058301f5ecab.gif

Yes it seems at least some of the witnesses were able to positively identify similar sightings as plovers. 

Haven’t read up on this one much more than the wiki. So can’t really comment more than that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

So it will be easyo for you to post us up some.

And what supernatural events would those be?

Hide the truth about what?

Basing that on what?

There are the “sons of god” on Earth, and the “sons of man.”

Two primary categories of intelligence.

Above both of these are the parents of each category, and a Grand Parent.

There are also rivals in this realm. The lack of transparency is due to the rivalry.

So how does one create or manufacture a new son of god? What method is used? 

What we are seeing on earth is reproduction. Knowing both good and evil is a method of reproduction. Choosing good or evil, is reproduction .... 

The concept of “harvest” is key, and a clue. We are not of our own making, nor of some random process without purpose. The Earth is a womb.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

There are the “sons of god” on Earth, and the “sons of man.”

Two primary categories of intelligence.

Above both of these are the parents of each category, and a Grand Parent.

There are also rivals in this realm. The lack of transparency is due to the rivalry.

So how does one create or manufacture a new son of god? What method is used? 

What we are seeing on earth is reproduction. Knowing both good and evil is a method of reproduction. Choosing good or evil, is reproduction .... 

The concept of “harvest” is key, and a clue. We are not of our own making, nor of some random process without purpose. The Earth is a womb.

Does the voice in your head tell you this?

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, OverSword said:

Exactly. People should really read between the lines when the gist is disclosed but the report is still classified. They are giving people a preview of what they have going on, not the entirety of thier evidence for you to draw a conclusion from. Likely testing the waters after the mass hysteria caused in the past and letting people know what to expect from thier investigations. The fact that the phenomenon is being acknowledged and investigated openly is a huge turning point, so whether everybody is wise enough to notice the shift in authoritarian stance is up to them. Honestly I think anyone who ever needed these people to tell them what to think in the first place is a dumbass though.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Seems the people who yell the loudest "think for yourself" dont and if your opinion doesnt match theirs then they are right and you are wrong i guess its a narcissist type thing.

I hope each person make up their own minds about any subject and i wont call them belitting names if they dont agree with me.

No, i dont subscribe to some true believer day of disclosure idea because we live in a very large world with a lot of people and governments, far too many eyes on the skies.

If aliens have been here and are here now no way to keep that worldwide secret, its about logic, but i do understand some love the idea of a DoD makes them special and they always think its right around the corner, the fact is there is no evidence to support it outside the minds of believers.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No, i dont subscribe to some true believer day of disclosure idea because we live in a very large world with a lot of people and governments, far too many eyes on the skies.

Indeed.  The whole idea belongs to the 1950's and 60's - there is way too much sky surveillance nowadays and when combined with social media and the ability to instantly, publicly, globally report on events... it's just stupid to think there's a coverup.  Just look at what happens when we have rocket launches or large meteors... we get lots of footage from multiple angles from dashcams, security cameras, phone cameras..

Distant unidentifiable lights in the sky are meaningless.  If we are ever visited, there won't be any doubts.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Distant unidentifiable lights in the sky are meaningless. 

Why? Is it your position that all phenomena are meaningless until identified?

If we are ever visited, there won't be any doubts.

That's quite the presumption. I can think of possible scenarios of visitation without our knowledge. Nanotech, for example.