Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police disarm 'UFO detector' in New Jersey

UM-Bot

Would be interesting to know what's inside it ! Just for fun !

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Strange that Man in black didnt found it first.

He did.

And hurt himself laughing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Saw Dust Pile Road? Is the saw dust pile still there? Stopped reading right there.:lol:

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahahaha! It's a set of scales with a tin can nailed to the top and the whole thing sprayed silver.

image.png.47e45acaabca1bf5adc7e6d7ab93e56d.png

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Hahahaha! It's a set of scales with a tin can nailed to the top and the whole thing sprayed silver.

Why am I not surprised. Imagine the cops faces when they realized they made fools of themselves yet again.:lol: Kinda like the darkish kid that brought a home made clock to school. Panic!

Edited by Hankenhunter
I'm punctuationally challenged today.
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I dont even believe its that good, to me its a few pieces of scrap wood, a tuna fish can, phone cord, drywall screws and halfassed silver spray bomb finish, lame.

I could at the risk of sounding pompous say i could build a spookier one for free in my bats cave ( basement )

• Like 3

Kinda like the Simpson's perpetual tire fire. What an eyesore.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

We local history buffs rather like things like these piles.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

We local history buffs rather like things like these piles.

And it never spontaneously combusted? We had a hog fuel fire start this way at our local pulp mill on North Vancouver Island. That's what they said, anyway. I suspect a tossed cigarette butt was the cause. Hope it doesn't happen there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Remember when they put it out and it got relit

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

And it never spontaneously combusted? We had a hog fuel fire start this way at our local pulp mill on North Vancouver Island. That's what they said, anyway. I suspect a tossed cigarette butt was the cause. Hope it doesn't happen there.

This was an old pile in the 1930s. I don't think its combustible at this point.

• Like 1

They stole my plans!
Well, the secret to my Device is spray painting it gunmetal grey, not silver...Amateurs.

Also you use a tuna can, not a soup can.

(Patent Pending!)

Edited by Seti42

They probably ruined a Pokemon Go quest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

They probably ruined a Pokemon Go quest.

Those people come by here a lot,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 10:36 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Why am I not surprised. Imagine the cops faces when they realized they made fools of themselves yet again.:lol: Kinda like the darkish kid that brought a home made clock to school. Panic!

Except that was a political stunt pulled by the kids parents to make a point about Islamophobia. No one, dark-skinned or not takes what resembles a bomb into a public place for a lark.

1 hour ago, ted hughes said:

Except that was a political stunt pulled by the kids parents to make a point about Islamophobia. No one, dark-skinned or not takes what resembles a bomb into a public place for a lark.

It was still an ordinary clock. The parents may have instigated it, but they we're proven right by the reaction, no? I saw it. It looked like a clock. Overreaction, was still overreacting, no? The point was made. If the parents instigated it, of which I'm not sure they did, Obama lauding the child indicated this wasn't so. Can you post a link verifying this? Thanks.

1 hour ago, moonman said:

So how exactly did they know it was a "UFO detector"?

Because it doesn't identify any of the flying objects it tracks.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Because it doesn't identify any of the flying objects it tracks.

Probably be more accurate if you missed off the last two words, lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

It was still an ordinary clock. The parents may have instigated it, but they we're proven right by the reaction, no? I saw it. It looked like a clock. Overreaction, was still overreacting, no? The point was made. If the parents instigated it, of which I'm not sure they did, Obama lauding the child indicated this wasn't so. Can you post a link verifying this? Thanks.

I may have confused it with this, where it was a bomb and dad has been charged: Teen released from hospital after explosion at Michigan high school (clickondetroit.com)

No, I defer to your judgement, especially if you saw it. Thanks for pointing this out. I shall have a quick look for what I remember reading, which indicated a massive course change to counter the Islamophobia which swept the West after  the spate of suicide bombings (ours was 7/7).

• Like 1