Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supreme Court expansion bill

Tiggs

Congressional Democrats plan to introduce legislation on Thursday to expand the U.S. Supreme Court by four justices, a proposal aimed at breaking the conservative grip on the court that promises to draw fierce opposition from Republicans.

Senator Ed Markey and House of Representatives members Jerrold Nadler, Hank Johnson and Mondaire Jones have scheduled a news conference for Thursday to announce the introduction of the legislation in both chambers. The measure would expand the number of justices from the current nine to 13, according to a copy of the Senate bill reviewed by Reuters.

Source: Reuters

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

That is how civil wars begin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, eight bits said:

That is how civil wars begin.

People who are too afraid to go on strike are hardly likely to start a civil war.  Unless it only involves throwing croissants at one another in the work's cafeteria.

• Haha 1

This is why they have spent so much time screaming about militia’s and white supremacy groups. Cause they knew they were going to do things that would cause good people to radicalize. 

So they preemptively are trying to make those people look like the bad guys when SHTF. 

This, combined with hr1, shows they are going for a permanent power grab. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hopefully a handful of Dems know better and stop this in its tracks. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

This is why they have spent so much time screaming about militia’s and white supremacy groups. Cause they knew they were going to do things that would cause good people to radicalize. 

So they preemptively are trying to make those people look like the bad guys when SHTF. 

Wow. You completely missed what you were aiming for, instead opting for a right wing rant that makes no sense except to blame everyone but the ones who are the true hypocrites. I thought and then was bad. I was wrong. What a selfish post, without a clue how corrupted Scotus has truly become. Hurrah, I guess. I need to lie down now.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

You want a corrupt court, a majority doesn't. If you didn't want this to happen, you should have stopped the court stacking the Republicans started in the first place with Trump. Merritt Garland says hi, by the way. You lose. Be a man about it. Good day.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You want a corrupt court, a majority doesn't. You lose. Be a man about it. Good day.

Wow, it’s your side that is looking to undo our founding and completely seize control of the SC. And I’m selfish if I think it’s a power grab? 

You are right, the SC has become corrupted, because they fear the Dems doing things like this. They have sided with the left on every major category but the second amendment, sort of. What they hell do you have to complain about??

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Wow, it’s your side that is looking to undo our founding and completely seize control of the SC. And I’m selfish if I think it’s a power grab? 

You are right, the SC has become corrupted, because they fear the Dems doing things like this. They have sided with the left on every major category but the second amendment, sort of. What they hell do you have to complain about??

That's  your story, and you're  sticking with that? I'm  just saying that the Repubs played dirty pool when they held power, and now you're whining because you perceive the Dems are doing it too? Is that what you're saying? Not to mention  you obviously didnt read the article because many changes have been made before the Nine Man rule.

From the op.

"The number of Supreme Court justices has remained at nine since 1869, but Congress has the power to change the number and did so several times before that." 

The biggest whiners are the ones who who've had their stolen toys taken away from them.

Busted!

Edited by Hankenhunter
I'm punctuationally challenged today.
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Prejudment is a real cop-out and your comments are very hypocritical because Trump tried the do the same thing by appointing Supreme Court Justices But, that back fired on him, because in every case they voted for what was right, and not for Trumps lawsuits that were submited!!!!!:lol:

So please get over it, Trump Lost  so your Ego to bed and move on!!!:P

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

You sound like a another forum memeber who also cant control his emotions, do you have two accounts!!!!:lol:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Prejudment is a real cop-out and your comments are very hypocritical because Trump tried the do the same thing by appointing Supreme Court Justices But, that back fired on him, because in every case they voted for what was right, and not for Trumps lawsuits that were submited!!!!!:lol:

So please get over it, Trump Lost  so your Ego to bed and move on!!!:P

Agree on it backfiring. But there was no way Scotus could back Trump in that case. It would have delegitimised the entire bench. 

However, it wouldn't stop them from ruling on every other bill that props up Republicanism. Cough, cough, Jim Crow, abortion rights, and healthcare to name a few. It really goes down from there. I just hope they can recall all the unqualified appointees from the lower courts. That's where the largest damage was done. Hundreds.of.rammed.in.unqualified. toadies.

Edited by Hankenhunter
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Te left and right was hidden now is going to be in plain sight.   one world government means just that i suppose. 

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

You missed the part about term limits in your zeal. That's a big one. Long time coming. The only justice that had any real cohone's was Justice Ginsberg. She should have been retired a decade ago, instead of dying in the saddle, like she did. But, her duty made her stick it bout as a stick it to Trump. Her body wasn't even in the ground, and Trump was publicly rubbing his hands together gleefully, along with Moscow Mitch. Like Vultures.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Te left and right was hidden now is going to be in plain sight.   one world government means just that i suppose. 

I really don't think it could get any worse right now, unless the U.S economy crashes due to corruption, and neglegence. That would bring the world to it's knees. It will happen if Trump, or the Republicans regain power again anytime soon. 

It's a cyclic thing. Repubs run the place into the ground. Democrats rebuild, and restore the damage. Public forgets as Republican mud slinging goes on unabated during Rebuilding. Republicans get elected with the Squeaky Wheel method. Damage immediately starts again. Rince, repeat. Cyclic. Bummer for America.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

I really don't think it could get any worse right now, unless the U.S economy crashes due to corruption, and neglegence. That would bring the world to it's knees. 

That's the plan though.    Choas leads to their new world order.   Order out of chaos - freemason motto.

25 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

That's the plan though.    Choas leads to their new world order.   Order out of chaos - freemason motto.

Not if the kids up above come down to say hi. It's pretty close now. June 6th. If they don't come clean, steps will be taken. Full disclosure will  soon follow. One way, or another. The Internet, if anyone is following, is absolutely awash with "UAV", UFO sightings. More than anytime before in our history. It's coming to a head now. Laugh if you like, but what's happening is unpresidented. A simple Google search will bear this out. Either that or mankind has gone collectively insane. You choose. It's world wide. its official, more people than not, now believe we're being visited. If they (visitors)announce themselves, the world order is over.

Did that perk your ears up? It did, mine when the data started rolling in. Only a blind fool would deny what's happening now. I just hope we don't lose it, and blow it when it happens.

Edited by Hankenhunter

40 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Agree on it backfiring. But there was no way Scotus could back Trump in that case. It would have delegitimised the entire bench. 

However, it wouldn't stop them from ruling on every other bill that props up Republicanism. Cough, cough, Jim Crow, abortion rights, and healthcare to name a few. It really goes down from there. I just hope they can recall all the unqualified appointees from the lower courts. That's where the largest damage was done. Hundreds.of.rammed.in.unqualified. toadies.

I certainly do also, but like I said even under thumb Trumps is appointees choose right over wrong, and if that continues there should be no problems that I can see. You always going to winners and losers, so long as the losers, lose gracefully and without the temper tantrums of the recent past I think it's good to go!

Take Care my brother.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Not if the kids up above come down to say hi. It's pretty close now. June 6th. If they don't come clean, steps will be taken. Full disclosure will  soon follow. One way, or another. The Internet, if anyone is following, is absolutely awash with "UAV", UFO sightings. More than anytime before in our history. It's coming to a head now. Laugh if you like, but what's happening is unpresidented. A simple Google search will bear this out. Either that or mankind has gone collectively insane. You choose. It's world wide. its official, more people than not, now believe we're being visited. If they (visitors)announce themselves, the world order is over.

Did that perk your ears up? It did, mine.

That was the only bit that made sense to me.

I did hear they will try to do a fake alien invasion.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

That was the only bit that made sense to me.

I did hear they will try to do a fake alien invasion.  

Yep, that's the plan. Except there's no invasion. A majority believes in them. That's what the visitors have been waiting for all along. Free will can't be ignored. Majority rules. Wait til Elon Musk gets called out. Then it's going to get hairy. Guess where he got his mind link technology so fast. It won't be pretty when that bombshell drops. Especially the info on the dicks he got it from. Think bad guys. Perhaps four billon people can change reality. We'll see. Lol.

Flame suit activated to charcoal. Please look for yourself before engaging me.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I certainly do also, but like I said even under thumb Trumps is appointees choose right over wrong, and if that continues there should be no problems that I can see. You always going to winners and losers, so long as the losers, lose gracefully and without the temper tantrums of the recent past I think it's good to go!

Take Care my brother.

I sure hope so Manwon,but unfortunately past actions will bear out future actions. It's a cyclic thing that will never stop until the cycle is broken for good. It's been happening since JFK was killed. History, not histrionics.

My post wasn't a remark from the left or a remark from the right, and not an endorsement of civil war, either. Not even a prediction - I find it far more likely that a constitutional convention would be convened than that a shooting war would erupt. What I don't see is that something like this passes without constitutional-level pushback.

The proposal concerns what is, in effect, a constitutional change (neutralizing one of the three branches of government by the other two acting in concert, effective for about a generation, more or less, it it were to be adopted) which avoids the ostensible channels of amendment explicitly provided in the constitution.

It is, therefore, what our British cousins call a "constitutional crisis." Those are inherently dangerous, and it is not a good time in America. The level of civility on this forum illustrates that well enough.

My friends on the right? Today, start drafting a constitutional amendment that fixes the size of the court at nine. It won't pass now, but run on it in 2022. It should have been done back when FDR died, on "good government" and 'checks and balances" grounds, on the grounds that it's been a constitutional crisis waiting to happen. In the long run (never a politician's strongest suit), constitutional crises aren't good for anybody.

Fix it. IMO, of course.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, eight bits said:

My post wasn't a remark from the left or a remark from the right, and not an endorsement of civil war, either. Not even a prediction - I find it far more likely that a constitutional convention would be convened than that a shooting war would erupt. What I don't see is that something like this passes without constitutional-level pushback.

The proposal concerns what is, in effect, a constitutional change (neutralizing one of the three branches of government by the other two acting in concert, effective for about a generation, more or less, it it were to be adopted) which avoids the ostensible channels of amendment explicitly provided in the constitution.

It is, therefore, what our British cousins call a "constitutional crisis." Those are inherently dangerous, and it is not a good time in America. The level of civility on this forum illustrates that well enough.

My friends on the right? Today, start drafting a constitutional amendment that fixes the size of the court at nine. It won't pass now, but run on it in 2022. It should have been done back when FDR died, on "good government" and 'checks and balances" grounds, on the grounds that it's been a constitutional crisis waiting to happen. In the long run (never a politician's strongest suit), constitutional crises aren't good for anybody.

Fix it. IMO, of course.

There will be pushback. In the end, it won't matter. The American public has been publicly humiliated world wide after the last four years. Politically, and medically with Covid 19. A laughing stock. They won't soon forget it.

Republican support is the lowest it's ever been, and is getting worse. Not helping, are the young guns swearing allegiance to "Q" publicly, with the likes of  "child diddler" Matt Gaetz, and Marjorie "Help me, I've gone insane with power" Taylor Green. There are many more nut job panderers queuing up to grift the thinking challenged. The dinosaurs haven't yet realised that their already extinct. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
Punctuation
  • Thanks 1

I think this is a crappy thing to do.  If they can't have it their way, just change the rules.   The Dems are fine with that.