Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

'Humans are intruders': Sir David Attenborough

Eldorado

Sir David Attenborough has urged people to remember their impact on the natural world, ahead of his new documentary on the impacts of lockdown on nature.

He spoke to the BBC's David Shukman about his hopes for the project, the upcoming global climate summit and his young fan base.

3mins video at the BBC: Link

• Like 1

ouija ouija

'Humans are intruders'! I'm right there with you on that, Sir David. :tu:

• Haha 1

Eldorado
16 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Where is humans' "natural habitat"?

Dreamer screamer
15 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

5 star hotels?

34 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

As you type that from your prison cell?

• Confused 1

ouija ouija
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

It's a question of balance, I think. You could say that our natural habitat is anywhere on land. The problem is that we keep on overwhelming the habitats of other creatures and forcing them out until they are hanging on by the tips of their claws/hooves etc, or even become extinct. We are gatecrashers and have completely forgotten our place in the scheme of things.

That is a truly lovely video(very short and succinct). Sir Attenborough describes us as 'latecomers'. The natural world was doing just fine before we got here and as he says, would do better without us now. Sobering stuff.

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dreamer screamer
13 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

It's a question of balance, I think. You could say that our natural habitat is anywhere on land. The problem is that we keep on overwhelming the habitats of other creatures and forcing them out until they are hanging on by the tips of their claws/hooves etc, or even become extinct. We are gatecrashers and have completely forgotten our place in the scheme of things.

That is a truly lovely video(very short and succinct). Sir Attenborough describes us as 'latecomers'. The natural world was doing just fine before we got here and as he says, would do better without us now. Sobering stuff.

Gate crashers?  I don't consider myself a gate crasher at all.   I consider myself having a unique opportunity to experience this low level plane of existence to further my spirutal expansion.   Without these experiences we would never learn anything.  

Eldorado
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

We are part of the 'natural world'.

If Saint David thinks we are unwelcome intruders, maybe he should set an example and top himself.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Haha 1

ouija ouija
36 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Gate crashers?  I don't consider myself a gate crasher at all.   I consider myself having a unique opportunity to experience this low level plane of existence to further my spirutal expansion.   Without these experiences we would never learn anything.  

I repeat: we have completely forgotten our place in the scheme of things. And what do you do with all this wondeful knowledge you have gained? What about the millions who do not learn anything?

27 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

We are part of the 'natural world'.

If Saint David thinks we are unwelcome intruders, maybe he should set an example and top himself.

Yikes! That's pretty harsh, El. :( I think he must be pretty low on the list of those who have done damage as an 'intruder'.

• Like 2

Dreamer screamer
3 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I repeat: we have completely forgotten our place in the scheme of things. And what do you do with all this wondeful knowledge you have gained? What about the millions who do not learn anything?

All that wonderful knowledge gained goes into the system, so when you die all that knowledge you have gained goes into the the memory fields.  When you die, you will create a world of your beliefs, so why you need to understand how this world works or you'll find yourself in the same situation again and again and again until you get the opportunity to raise your consciousness.  That can take millions of years, million of years doing the same thing again and again.      The millions that do not learn will just be stuck in the cycle of again and again and again until they have an experience that raises their awareness to go up to the next spiritual ladder.   Freewill means freewill, it's all your choice and so up to you, so you got no one to blame but yourself.

Eldorado
Just now, ouija ouija said:

Yikes! That's pretty harsh, El. :( I think he must be pretty low on the list of those who have done damage as an 'intruder'.

He wants us all gone, does he not?  So why not go first?

Sorry, Ouija.... I'm just tired of being told I should feel guilty by the sanctimonious.  Being human = bad; being British = bad; being male = bad; being white = bad.

acute
17 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

being white = bad.

Yet, if you black up, they go crazy!

:whistle:

• Haha 2

ouija ouija
8 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

He wants us all gone, does he not?  So why not go first?

Sorry, Ouija.... I'm just tired of being told I should feel guilty by the sanctimonious.  Being human = bad; being British = bad; being male = bad; being white = bad.

I think he still has hope that the next generation will turn things around. I suppose he has to believe that or it means his life's work has been for nothing. :( I don't think things will turn around; we seem well set on a path to self-destruction. Too many have lost touch with their spiritual side.

I think that 'being human = bad' is true, to some degree, about all of us, but how can Britishness, maleness or whiteness be automatically bad in or of themselves? :unsure2:

ouija ouija
22 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

All that wonderful knowledge gained goes into the system, so when you die all that knowledge you have gained goes into the the memory fields.  When you die, you will create a world of your beliefs, so why you need to understand how this world works or you'll find yourself in the same situation again and again and again until you get the opportunity to raise your consciousness.  That can take millions of years, million of years doing the same thing again and again.      The millions that do not learn will just be stuck in the cycle of again and again and again until they have an experience that raises their awareness to go up to the next spiritual ladder.   Freewill means freewill, it's all your choice and so up to you, so you got no one to blame but yourself.

I totally agree with what you say there, my problem is with the scale of the damage we humans do over so many years, how much pain we cause, while we are learning stuff. IMHO the 'experiment' has gone on long enough and no longer serves any purpose. If humans can't learn quicker than they have been, then they don't deserve to be here. It's going to take something much bigger than covid to put us in our place, sadly.

fred_mc

Intruders in nature ... hmmm, we are a part of nature, we have not been put here on earth by somebody outside of nature. Is it wrong that we just think about ourselves, and by doing that exterminate a lot of species? Yes, it might be but only because we humans have something called moral and ethics, and it is wrong according to that. However, moral and ethics is not something that is a part of nature. Animals hardly act according to moral and ethics. They only do what is best for themselves just like we do.

ouija ouija
1 minute ago, fred_mc said:

Intruders in nature ... hmmm, we are a part of nature, we have not been put here on earth by somebody outside of nature. Is it wrong that we just think about ourselves, and by doing that exterminate a lot of species? Yes, it might be but only because we humans have something called moral and ethics, and it is wrong according to that. However, moral and ethics is not something that is a part of nature. Animals hardly act according to moral and ethics. They only do what is best for themselves just like we do.

You've contradicted yourself! You say 'we are a part of nature' and have 'morals and ethics', but you also say 'morals and ethics is not something that is part of nature'. You're right, animals do, for the most part, do what is best for themselves . . . . we don't. Worse still, we are going to Hell in a handcart . . . . . and taking everything else with us!

• Like 1

Dreamer screamer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

I totally agree with what you say there, my problem is with the scale of the damage we humans do over so many years, how much pain we cause, while we are learning stuff. IMHO the 'experiment' has gone on long enough and no longer serves any purpose. If humans can't learn quicker than they have been, then they don't deserve to be here. It's going to take something much bigger than covid to put us in our place, sadly.

The damage is believing in the BS.

Why do you think they're hitting us so hard through the media?  Who controls the media? who controls the red bat phone??

The humans beings will be here because until they learn they are not going anywhere.   Die, reincarnate, die, reincarnate, and so what they produce will have to live with that every lifetime.    Believe it or not why do we have the bible still which survives for so long?   Kings used to fight kings because a king went off and did their own things which wasn't allowed or accepted in the bible.  Today we have many passages where the human race has gone completely from the bible, which ties in with the albet pikes WW3 freemason?    So if heaven existed, we are in HELL right now.

Edited by Dreamer screamer

spud the mackem

@ouija ouija , we are not going in a handcart ,we are already half way there in a Dustbin Lorry with only our selves to blame , Sir David is 100% correct . he is one of very few who talks sense .  

• Thanks 1