Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Cheese is racist'

itsnotoutthere

SERVING dairy in foods at schools is "racist" an Extinction Rebellion campaigner told a council after hundreds signed a petition to serve children plant based meals only.

Alison Plaumer, from the global environmental movement, has led a petition for more plant-based meals to be served in schools and other venues. She told one council there is a "racist element" to serving dairy because she believes a large percentage of the BAME communities is lactose-intolerant.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1422913/Extinction-Rebellion-campaign-dairy-food-schools-racist-Brighton-Hove-City-Council

:w00t:

• Haha 9
  • Confused 3

52 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

SERVING dairy in foods at schools is "racist" an Extinction Rebellion campaigner told a council after hundreds signed a petition to serve children plant based meals only.

Alison Plaumer, from the global environmental movement, has led a petition for more plant-based meals to be served in schools and other venues. She told one council there is a "racist element" to serving dairy because she believes a large percentage of the BAME communities is lactose-intolerant.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1422913/Extinction-Rebellion-campaign-dairy-food-schools-racist-Brighton-Hove-City-Council

The only time Cheese is prejudged is when someone cuts the cheese in church, at that point all eyes are upon you!!!!!!:w00t::lol:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Do they have real cheese over there in the schools? Pretty sure here it's all processed cheese product so it's not real cheese, been like that for ages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One thing the English do surpassingly well in my opinion is cheese.  I have at least two different cheeses from England in my fridge right now.  So on to our latest crazy.  It starts reasonably enough I suppose, arguing for more plant based foods in school lunches but then the cray cray starts when it comes to cheese.

Environmental campaigners are trying to gather support for more plant-based meals in Brighton and Hove schools and venues.

One campaigner, Alison Plaumer, from Extinction Rebellion, has started a petition on Brighton and Hove City Council’s website which has attracted more than 240 signatures so far.

Ms Plaumer called for more plant-based school meals in a deputation to councillors backed by seven supporters at a meeting of the full council meeting last month.

The petition makes the same request, for two plant-based days at state-run schools as soon as possible – and for all council-run events to be plant-based once the pandemic is over.

In the petition, Ms Plaumer quotes Professor Michael Clark, from Oxford University, as saying: “Animal agriculture and fishing industries are leading causes of deforestation, ocean dead zones, water pollution, biodiversity loss and species extinction.

“Not only that, intensive animal farming poses a significant threat for the development of new pandemics and for furthered antibacterial resistance to emerge.”

Then further on:

Ms Plaumer also told the council last month: “Arguably, there is a racist element to serving dairy too much because 65 per cent of the world’s population are lactose intolerant, many from the BAME (black, Asian and minority ethnic) community.

Racist?  Seriously?  She had a somewhat reasonable argument right up until cheese became the KKK

Link

The truth is that many people are lactose intolerant because they don't eat dairy, not because of their ethnicity or skin color.  You have to be conditioned to it.  What is wrong with people today?

edit:  I apologize I didn't know a thread already existed

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

not racist but unhealthy, those yellow squares that we call cheese, are not  cheese at all. it should be banned in schools. 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

not racist but unhealthy, those yellow squares that we call cheese, are not  cheese at all. it should be banned in schools. 

Those are plastic cheese squares? 

I thought lactose intolerant can eat cheese, in moderation, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It depends.  I can eat hard cheeses all day but not a lot of brie and other softer cheeses.  I also can eat only a small amount of ice cream but can eat a lot of gelato, which is made from milk and not cream.  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

The most intolerant are those who claim intolerance.

I mean really? No one forces them to eat dairy if they are lactose intolerant. Why dont they sod off and mind their own business with people who like dairy and can handle it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I mean really? No one forces them to eat dairy if they are lactose intolerant. Why dont they sod off and mind their own business with people who like dairy and can handle it.

I think at its root their problem is that they know they have accomplished nothing in life and are powerless and using this "social justice" nonsense makes them FEEL empowered.  They're tantrum throwing children that no one has yet taught what real life is like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Didn't you know?  Farmers are killing the world. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHe0GrdJ-8FpMgrXEPLvX

• Haha 1

Just now, and then said:

I think at its root their problem is that they know they have accomplished nothing in life and are powerless and using this "social justice" nonsense makes them FEEL empowered.  They're tantrum throwing children that no one has yet taught what real life is like.

Good read on them I think.  They can say "Look at how wrong you all are, and how right I am" and then when things don't change to make the world the way they think it should be it's not their fault because they were really powerless against the idiots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You see that's the problem with Cheese, if your lactose intolerant moderation can still be a explosive situation!!:lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

Wow dude, so even Cheese makes you go off on political tirades.:unsure:

I have to ask, do you think this Cheese is political plot perpetrated by LEFT to further prove that Green House gases are actually causing Global Warming? :w00t::lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

No Cookie Monster the most intolerant are those who bring politics into a thread about Cheese, because anyway you Slice it it's pretty Dam Weird!! :no::wacko::P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

One thing the English do surpassingly well in my opinion is cheese.  I have at least two different cheeses from England in my fridge right now.  So on to our latest crazy.  It starts reasonably enough I suppose, arguing for more plant based foods in school lunches but then the cray cray starts when it comes to cheese.

Then further on:

Racist?  Seriously?  She had a somewhat reasonable argument right up until cheese became the KKK

Link

The truth is that many people are lactose intolerant because they don't eat dairy, not because of their ethnicity or skin color.  You have to be conditioned to it.  What is wrong with people today?

edit:  I apologize I didn't know a thread already existed

I think it's a reflection of society. Whenever trying to get changed done if you can somehow also make it a racial thing than you have a better shot 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I think it's a reflection of society. Whenever trying to get changed done if you can somehow also make it a racial thing than you have a better shot 

I've noticed that (imo) people who see people as members of a group rather than as individuals see racism everywhere.

• Like 4

School cafeteria programs try hard to be culturally sensitive and understanding of concepts like a religion forbids certain foods (Veganism, Kosher and Halal come to mind), food allergies (esp. peanuts) and lactose or gluten intolerance (sometimes thought to run in racial and ethnic groups due to genetics of the majority, but not all, members of the groups). I read #sickofsalad on Tumblr when women accused men of having them eat radically different to cause American women to be 6 inches on average shorter than men and even 40 pounds lighter than male counterparts in all heights. And school cafeteria want to promote different cuisines of many cultures, but avoid "racializing" them due to fears of promoting negative stereotypes of what racial and ethnic group eats: African-American (actually Southern US), Mexican (mainly Texan), Italian (from Sicilian region) and Chinese (diaspora Californian) cuisines. I guess cheese has to be BANT from the menu, but I doubt it's even real cows milk cheese to begin with. And one more thing: Is there statistical data of how much lactose intolerance is there in the African-American population? Google search it...also in the European-American population...who are trending in non-dairy alternatives.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

Wow dude, so even Cheese makes you go off on political tirades.:unsure:

I have to ask, do you think this Cheese is political plot perpetrated by LEFT to further prove that Green House gases are actually causing Global Warming? :w00t::lol:

Earth Day 51 is next week and I betcha our meat-and-dairy eating habits (aka Carnism) is going to be shamed by eco-activists and environmentalists alike. PETA posted PSAs on milk causes autism in children, tofu never caused a pandemic, and why do we eat farm animals (cattle, chicken and pork) when we never will do that to our pets? (songbirds, cats and dogs). Heck, I wanna cook up Native American cuisines (from peoples like the Iroquois, Choctaw, Lakota, Navajo and Lummi, for example), but I would be accused of cultural appropriation...the Palm Springs area where I live has a history of the culinary movement of indigenous peoples in North America since the 1980s along with their world-famous cafe on the Cahuilla's Agua Caliente Indian Reservation. Can I eat anything in peace? And this is from a 1/4 person of color (Osage/Cherokee) myself...and half French...I've tried horse, escargot, frog, rabbit and goose in my father's parents' in (northernmost) France, which are typically food taboos to many in the Anglo-American culture. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Earth Day 51 is next week and I betcha our meat-and-dairy eating habits (aka Carnism) is going to be shamed by eco-activists and environmentalists alike. PETA posted PSAs on milk causes autism in children, tofu never caused a pandemic, and why do we eat farm animals (cattle, chicken and pork) when we never will do that to our pets? (songbirds, cats and dogs). Heck, I wanna cook up Native American cuisines (from peoples like the Iroquois, Choctaw, Lakota, Navajo and Lummi, for example), but I would be accused of cultural appropriation...the Palm Springs area where I live has a history of the culinary movement of indigenous peoples in North America since the 1980s along with their world-famous cafe on the Cahuilla's Agua Caliente Indian Reservation. Can I eat anything in peace? And this is from a 1/4 person of color (Osage/Cherokee) myself...and half French...I've tried horse, escargot, frog, rabbit and goose in my father's parents' in (northernmost) France, which are typically food taboos to many in the Anglo-American culture. 

Thanks for your point of view, and it is honestly something I never considered. However, like you I also enjoy trying different foods and drinks. I spent 23 years in the US Army and after I retired, I worked another 10 years as a US Contractor working in the Middle East. My ethnic background is German, my mother and father immigrated in the 1950s and Inwas born in America which made me the first American citizen in my family history.

i have traveled all around the world and I currently live in South Korea with my naturalized ( Korean Wife of 35 years ). I have eaten everything you mentioned except for Horse, as for frog, rabbit and goose I have not only eaten them I have also hunted then and prepared them myself at home ( Frog legs don't taste like Chicken, don't know why people say that:lol:). To add to that list, I have eaten Possum, Raccoon, Rattle Snake, Snapping Turtle  and a number of other food items eaten in certain parts of the United States,

In the Middle East and Africa I have eaten Beatles, some type of grass hopper, and I drank both fermented Camel and Goats  milk. 

In Asia I have eaten live Octopus ( washed cut up and served still moving ) Silk Worms boiled as a side dish, and about every kind of cooked or raw seafood, including Puffer Fish. Along with some forms of food I could not even identify:P,  when it comes to what I eat I have never been bashful.

Thanks for your post, I enjoyed your thoughts on the subject. 

Take Care my friend.:tu:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

There are those who want to curb everything to stop climate change, and those who want to use technology to offset our impact.

With the first group they would turn everyone vegetarian, reduce the size of the human population, and drive up the cost of business with green taxes spreading poverty. Not very good for the progress of civilization.

With the second group they are intelligent. They know animals produce methane, think the human population could be much higher, and want technological solutions to climate change rather than damaging the economy. In essence, they want to use engineering to offset climate change such as building plants to such CO2 out of the atmosphere. Very good for the continued progress and development of civilization.

16 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEhgK0eUa10UM3Xok_zLN

11 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

For me, cheese is the worst dairy product.  It is more concentrated.  

• Thanks 1