Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Strangest Ancient Civilizations Ever To Exist... Secrets of the Past.

Grim Reaper 6

Throughout the world there were a number of ancient civilizations that continue to baffle modern day scholars. Mysterious languages and unusual structures, along with strange carvings and magnificent stone constructions are just some of the mysteries left behind. These ancient forgotten and mysterious civilizations demonstrate incredible knowledge and a rarely discussed amongst academic circles. Why is that?

There is no link for this thread, the vido covers the subject matter

• Like 1

Perhaps you could provide us with a precis of the claims made in the video, and your detailed opinion of the ideas and information contained within, enabling interested parties to engage in fruitful and proper discussion with you?

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Throughout the world there were a number of ancient civilizations that continue to baffle modern day scholars. Mysterious languages and unusual structures, along with strange carvings and magnificent stone constructions are just some of the mysteries left behind. These ancient forgotten and mysterious civilizations demonstrate incredible knowledge and a rarely discussed amongst academic circles. Why is that?

I don't think I've ever heard of the Vinca, Norte Chico, and the name Mehrgarh is vaguely familiar so I think I've probably heard of it but know nothing about it. But Nineveh came up in an article I posted recently about hanging gardens. Aksum in itself I'm not familiar with, but I am a bit familiar with the legend of the Ark in Ethiopia. Aryan and Sanlurfa I wasn't aware of. Indus I don't know by name, though some of the information given in the video in that section I'm a bit familiar with. I think I seen Nubia show up in conversations from time to time, probably in some pyramid threads. Didn't know about Konar Sandal. 

Interesting video. Bunch of stuff I'm not familiar with, and some stuff I'm only passing familiar with.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

I don't think I've ever heard of the Vinca, Norte Chico, and the name Mehrgarh is vaguely familiar so I think I've probably heard of it but know nothing about it. But Nineveh came up in an article I posted recently about hanging gardens. Aksum in itself I'm not familiar with, but I am a bit familiar with the legend of the Ark in Ethiopia. Aryan and Sanlurfa I wasn't aware of. Indus I don't know by name, though some of the information given in the video in that section I'm a bit familiar with. I think I seen Nubia show up in conversations from time to time, probably in some pyramid threads. Didn't know about Konar Sandal. 

Interesting video. Bunch of stuff I'm not familiar with, and some stuff I'm only passing familiar with.

I thought that many forum member would not have heard of all those civilizations so I thought I would post it. I took a Archaeology course as a minor when I was getting degrees in Chemistry and Biology. I have always been a person that likes to read,and do research so I have put together a decent working knowledge of the subject. But, even with said I had never heard of half those civilizations either. I know there are a lot of history buffs here on the forum, I hope that they see it and jump in. I think this thread could become a very good group conversation if that happens.

Take Care and thanks for the conversation I enjoyed it.:tu:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon101 said:

Perhaps you could provide us with a precis of the claims made in the video, and your detailed opinion of the ideas and information contained within, enabling interested parties to engage in fruitful and proper discussion with you?

Thank you.

Well 

I would suggest that using the information in the video, it should be possible to do a little personal research. I am not an expert and I have only heard of about half of those civilizations in the video. I did look the civilizations up and I did fine out that they did exist, however if we all do a little do diligence.i suspect we can all learn something together. 

Take care.

19 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I thought that many forum member would not have heard of all those civilizations so I thought I would post it. I took a Archaeology course as a minor when I was getting degrees in Chemistry and Biology. I have always been a person that likes to read,and do research so I have put together a decent working knowledge of the subject. But, even with said I had never heard of half those civilizations either. I know there are a lot of history buffs here on the forum, I hope that they see it and jump in. I think this thread could become a very good group conversation if that happens.

Take Care and thanks for the conversation I enjoyed it.:tu:

Finally remembered why I know about the ark in Ethiopia- Knights Templar. A while back I was digging into that lore and part of it was the church in Ethiopia. Can't recall if the knights were supposed to have delivered it there, but pretty sure they were supposed to have taken it from there at some point. Kind of interesting to me is that the lore of Aksum isn't part of the knights lore, or at least to my recall it wasn't. Just the church itself and the ark. Two lores that overlap but don't actually touch. Or maybe they do and I'm just not remembering it- it has been a rather long time since I messed around with knights lore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Finally remembered why I know about the ark in Ethiopia- Knights Templar. A while back I was digging into that lore and part of it was the church in Ethiopia. Can't recall if the knights were supposed to have delivered it there, but pretty sure they were supposed to have taken it from there at some point. Kind of interesting to me is that the lore of Aksum isn't part of the knights lore, or at least to my recall it wasn't. Just the church itself and the ark. Two lores that overlap but don't actually touch. Or maybe they do and I'm just not remembering it- it has been a rather long time since I messed around with knights lore.

Hello Rashore, and thanks for the reply. After reading your post .I did a little research on the subject, after you mentioned the Ark possiby being in Ethiopia, I also rembered reading about that subject myself. Actually the Templars were not involved in anyway according to the article the Ethiopian Christians have had it their possession for 3000 years. It was stolen from Jerusalem by Ethiopian Israelite Nobles and the leader of that group was the Son ( Menilik ) of King Soloman and the Queen of Sheba ( the biblical Bath Sheba ). The story is told in the Kebra Negast (Glory of the Kings), Ethiopia's chronicle of its royal line: the Queen of Sheba, one of its first rulers, traveled to Jerusalem to partake of King Solomon's wisdom; on her way home, she bore Solomon's son, Menelik.

Later Menelik went to visit his father, and on his return journey was accompanied by the firstborn sons of some Israelite nobles—who, unbeknown to Menelik, stole the ark and carried it with them to Ethiopia. When Menelik learned of the theft, he reasoned that since the ark's frightful powers hadn't destroyed his retinue, it must be God's will that it remain with him. So according to the Smithsonian Magazine this is how the Ark of the Covenant arrived in Aksum 3000 years ago.  

Below is the link where the information came from, I think you may find it very interesting. It about 8 pages long and go's great tracing the origin from when it arrived in Ethiopia: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/keepers-of-the-lost-ark-179998820/

Again thanks for the post, and for bring up the Ark of the Covenant I enjoyed refreshing my memory on this subject and Take Care.:yes:

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hello Rashore, and thanks for the reply. After reading your post .I did a little research on the subject, after you mentioned the Ark possiby being in Ethiopia, I also rembered reading about that subject myself. Actually the Templars were not involved in anyway according to the article the Ethiopian Christians have had it their possession for 3000 years. It was stolen from Jerusalem by Ethiopian Israelite Nobles and the leader of that group was the Son ( Menilik ) of King Soloman and the Queen of Sheba ( the biblical Bath Sheba ). The story is told in the Kebra Negast (Glory of the Kings), Ethiopia's chronicle of its royal line: the Queen of Sheba, one of its first rulers, traveled to Jerusalem to partake of King Solomon's wisdom; on her way home, she bore Solomon's son, Menelik.

Later Menelik went to visit his father, and on his return journey was accompanied by the firstborn sons of some Israelite nobles—who, unbeknown to Menelik, stole the ark and carried it with them to Ethiopia. When Menelik learned of the theft, he reasoned that since the ark's frightful powers hadn't destroyed his retinue, it must be God's will that it remain with him. So according to the Smithsonian Magazine this is how the Ark of the Covenant arrived in Aksum 3000 years ago.  

Below is the link where the information came from, I think you may find it very interesting. It about 8 pages long and go's great tracing the origin from when it arrived in Ethiopia: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/keepers-of-the-lost-ark-179998820/

Again thanks for the post, and for bring up the Ark of the Covenant I enjoyed refreshing my memory on this subject and Take Care.:yes:

Yeah, the knights thing was lore... like holy grail, Christs bloodline, vast fortunes, and various forms secret society into today sorts of lore. The extra fun stuff. There was a whole lot of that to shovel through a while back when it was a more popular section of lore. Even back then that sort of stuff wasn't true enough to be worth posting in this section, that's more myths and legends or even modern mysteries sort of genre. But it is what triggered my memory about the ark thing. 

• Like 2

One of Graham Hancock's first books - before he achieved notoriety with Fingerprints of the Gods - was a (slightly) more journalistic investigation into whether the ark of the covenant was in Ethiopia.   Probably his "best" book. 

• Like 1

Very interesting stuff, but of course, I cannot cut&paste interesting excerpts. Perhaps too much material to cover all at once??
I bet it would be better to take one at a time, and get some links with that particular article. 

Anyway, I would love to see what they have in Aksum (Axum) Ethiopia, where they claim to house the Ark of the Covenant  
I know Ethiopia has the only two original bibles left after the catholics burned all the other bibles and issued a new version 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Very interesting stuff, but of course, I cannot cut&paste interesting excerpts. Perhaps too much material to cover all at once??
I bet it would be better to take one at a time, and get some links with that particular article. 

Anyway, I would love to see what they have in Aksum (Axum) Ethiopia, where they claim to house the Ark of the Covenant  
I know Ethiopia has the only two original bibles left after the catholics burned all the other bibles and issued a new version 

I honestly believe there is more to the Ethiopian legends than is currently excepted. I think a major effort by the Catholic Church has intentionally tried to cover up the claims because of the impact they would have if they were excepted. Now, I am not saying that the Ark of the Covenant is actually there, however, like you said concerning the Original Bibles that they still have copies, I also believe they have other relics and documents that the Church never wants the main stream community to except. 

Great post, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rashore said:

Yeah, the knights thing was lore... like holy grail, Christs bloodline, vast fortunes, and various forms secret society into today sorts of lore. The extra fun stuff. There was a whole lot of that to shovel through a while back when it was a more popular section of lore. Even back then that sort of stuff wasn't true enough to be worth posting in this section, that's more myths and legends or even modern mysteries sort of genre. But it is what triggered my memory about the ark thing. 

I can certainly understand anyone's fascination with the Kights Templar, but so much non-factual information has been spread concerning them over the last hundred years. That it is very difficult to separate fact from fiction sometimes. Worst if all are the Hollywood Movies that also misrepresent the actual facts on the subject. This misrepresentation does some very serious harm to the subject, because far to many people except what they represent as facts. 

Thanks for the conversation I have enjoyed it very much. 

On 4/15/2021 at 11:52 PM, Jon101 said:

Thank you.

Précis - Babylon wasn’t the first civilisation. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2021 at 8:58 PM, Manwon Lender said:

They’re not discussed widely because (a) so little is known about them (b) no aliens. 
Experts know all about thrm, but they’re not sexy enough to be widely discussed - that said, the Vinca are discussed in art circles, even part of my rather banal Art History Course I’m doing. 

Anyone around here that can lend me some manwon?

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

92CFFB2D-11C8-48CA-ABAF-DDA780F1996E.png.0353836ab985d57e7633c0b703d0f139.png

2 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

image.gif.423e4d0f77da7a845742ade269f98b57.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Précis - Babylon wasn’t the first civilisation. 

No it certainly was not, in my opinion you can't define a civilization as such if they do not have writing. So for me, the first civilization was the Sumer or Sumarian civilization. 

3 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

I will loan you Baegman-won!:yes:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

No it certainly was not, in my opinion you can't define a civilization as such if they do not have writing. So for me, the first civilization was the Sumer or Sumarian civilization. 

The builders of Gobliki Tepe wave from aeons-lost obscurity. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The builders of Gobliki Tepe wave from aeons-lost obscurity. 

Yea theoretically!:yes:

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I think a major effort by the Catholic Church has intentionally tried to cover up the claims because of the impact they would have if they were excepted

Sure. The Catholics were monotheists (believed in one god) yet their bible contained passages that suggested more than one god. 
The Book of Enoch was one such famous book that was removed from the bible and it appears that was the reason. 

But I cease here because the materials are controversial and people can claim that there were many other 
reasons as to why the bible had books removed. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sure. The Catholics were monotheists (believed in one god) yet their bible contained passages that suggested more than one god. 
The Book of Enoch was one such famous book that was removed from the bible and it appears that was the reason. 

But I cease here because the materials are controversial and people can claim that there were many other 
reasons as to why the bible had books removed. 

The Book of Enoch was written around the time that the Hebrew Bible was compiled. The books of the Hebrew Bible had long been recognized as canon, but hadn't been collected into a single book, whereas the Book of Enoch was new (at the time) and thus wasn't considered canonical.

What this means is the Book of Enoch was never "removed" from any Bible - it was never considered canon so it was never "in" any of the Bibles. And, since the Old Testament is based on the Hebrew Bible, it was never put in the Christian Old Testament in the first place.

It is in the Christian Orthodox Ethiopian version, but that doesn't matter and actually, it makes little sense that it's in there at all. This is because it contradicts canon in 20 or so places.

Harte

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Harte said:

The Book of Enoch was written around the time that the Hebrew Bible was compiled. The books of the Hebrew Bible had long been recognized as canon, but hadn't been collected into a single book, whereas the Book of Enoch was new (at the time) and thus wasn't considered canonical.

What this means is the Book of Enoch was never "removed" from any Bible - it was never considered canon so it was never "in" any of the Bibles. And, since the Old Testament is based on the Hebrew Bible, it was never put in the Christian Old Testament in the first place.

It is in the Christian Orthodox Ethiopian version, but that doesn't matter and actually, it makes little sense that it's in there at all. This is because it contradicts canon in 20 or so places.

Harte

Contradiction is the life blood of religion. It would be dreadfully boring if there was only ONE religion. Baraqiel,  one of the watchers was actually Rupert who thought he had joined a caravan of tourists going to the Red Sea for a beach holiday.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 5:58 AM, Manwon Lender said:

Is there a list of these strange ancient civilizations?  A "watch the video" isn't practical for many people.  We could certainly discuss them if we had a list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1