Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
ted hughes

Video of Boris Johnson ‘lying to parliament’ goes viral

ted hughes
Posted (edited)

Video here: Viral video of Boris Johnson ‘lying to parliament’ approaches 10 million views | The Independent

Viral video of Boris Johnson ‘lying to parliament’ approaches 10 million views

Lawyer Peter Stefanovic says footage is snapshot which reveals PM’s ‘pattern of behaviour has crossed the line into outright fantasy’

A video debunking numerous spurious claims made by Boris Johnson in parliament has been viewed almost 10 million times.

In August last year, lawyer and filmmaker Peter Stefanovic compiled and uploaded a two-minute video in which he fact-checked several claims made by Boris Johnson since he has been prime minister.

These include the government’s record on emissions reductions, economic growth, nurses’ bursaries, hospital car parking, NHS spending, the Covid-19 track and trace app, and poverty in the UK.

Just over six months later, the video has been widely shared and Mr Stefanovic said he believed it would reach 10 million views today.

Edited by Still Waters
Reduced amount of copied text. Please avoid copy & pasting entire web pages or articles.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dreamer screamer

As stewart wheeler said a Tory politician to a voter: "you promised us a referendom in your manifesto!"  Stewart Wheelers reply: "We are politicians we therefore are known to lie, you shouldn't of bloody believed us!"

A manifesto pledge is not subject to legitimate expectations, why??  Because the politicians have no liability when you place an X on the ballot paper.   There is no contract with anyone, they just make you believe they are going to do something.  If they can't get the Tory to get something in, then they just leave it up to Labour to put any legislation in because they're both under Communist/capitalist control.

Jon the frog
Posted (edited)

he's a politician... it's not surprising

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3

OverSword

Imagine that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

diddyman68

And here was me thinking polititians were pillars of society who never told fibs,

• Haha 1

keithisco

Ah, that would be the Australian Political Commentator (fr the last 15 years) known for his support of Ultra Left wing policies... nothing to see here apart from usual Ted Hughes anti-British propaganda

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

itsnotoutthere

Context is everything.

1732998026_OIP(9).jpg.a6142f34639e4fc2e7e58005f5a1936a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

ted hughes
8 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

And here was me thinking polititians were pillars of society who never told fibs,

I know, it is expected, but Boris is something else! He doesn't bother to fact check, before or after a speech. 

He never gets called out, by politicians or the media. I suspect he, borne by political populism, has been granted so much power and has taken the UK so close to the cliff-edge of political and economic ruin, that everyone is holding their breath until he can be replaced! He's the British version of Trump, we want him out office and quietly gone before he does anything else that's stupid.

Golden Duck
9 hours ago, keithisco said:

Ah, that would be the Australian Political Commentator (fr the last 15 years) known for his support of Ultra Left wing policies... nothing to see here apart from usual Ted Hughes anti-British propaganda

He's one of yours.

ted hughes
13 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

He's one of yours.

Who? Peter Stefanovic?

Golden Duck
Just now, ted hughes said:

Who? Peter Stefanovic?

Yes

ted hughes
1 minute ago, Golden Duck said:

Yes

'He's one of yours'. keithisco is Australian? I thought he was from the UK?

• Confused 1

Golden Duck
1 minute ago, ted hughes said:

'He's one of yours'. keithisco is Australian? I thought he was from the UK?

Keithisco: ...that would be the Australian Political Commentator ...

The Peter Stefanovic in the OP is from the UK.

ted hughes
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Keithisco: ...that would be the Australian Political Commentator ...

The Peter Stefanovic in the OP is from the UK.

He says he is from Southampton, blighty? Wikipedia says Stefanovic is Australian,(Peter Stefanovic - Wikipedia) you say he is from the UK? So who is Australian?  You?

Edited by ted hughes
  • Haha 1

Golden Duck
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, ted hughes said:

He says he is from Southampton, blighty? Wikipedia says Stefanovic is Australian,(Peter Stefanovic - Wikipedia) you say he is from the UK? So who is Australian?  You?

Who is discussing where Keithisco is from?  Keithisco referred to an Australian journalist.  The Peter Stefanovic in the OP is from the UK.  It says right there "lawyer and filmaker".

http://www.britic.co.uk/2016/08/08/peter-stefanovic-lawyer-turned-junior-doctor-activist/

https://twitter.com/peterstefanovi2

The Wikipedia page you link to is not the biography of a lawyer.  It is, in fact, about a tabloid and right-wing TV reporter born in Sydney.

PS. I'm Australian.  We're full on our quota of celebrity lawyers.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Haha 1

ted hughes
5 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Who is discussing where Keithisco is from?  Keithisco referred to an Australian journalist.  The Peter Stefanovic in the OP is from the UK.  It says right there "lawyer and filmaker".

http://www.britic.co.uk/2016/08/08/peter-stefanovic-lawyer-turned-junior-doctor-activist/

https://twitter.com/peterstefanovi2

The Wikipedia page you link to is not the biography of a lawyer.  It is, in fact, about a tabloid and right-wing TV reporter born in Sydney.

PS. I'm Australian.  We're full on our quota of celebrity lawyers.

Oh, got it! I'm often told I am Australian myself on UM, for some reason.

Also I didn't realise there was an Australian Peter Stefanovic, I assumed we were always talking about the UK!

So kiethisco threw the Oz spanner in the works, lol!

Thanks for clearing that up!

• Like 1

keithisco

Well that is confusing... cant he call himself "Peter Stefanovic the 2nd"?

• Haha 1

Sir Wearer of Hats
8 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Call him “not Karl’s brother Peter”.

• Thanks 1

ted hughes
10 minutes ago, keithisco said:

That was such a funny exchange. I was wondering where the Australian connection came from, lol!