Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who genuinely sounds/sounded like a highly advanced non-Earthly being? (no pretending: authentic)

Hello beings,

Who genuinely sounds/sounded like a highly advanced non-Earthly ("extraterrestrial")  being (without pretending whatsoever)?

Please provide related information.

Thank you

Edited by ant0n
  • Confused 1

Truman Capote

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 4

Hi @ant0n, do you have any examples?

Here’s a good one:

Edited by Timothy
Edit to embed link.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Hands down the robot voice of Stephen hawking

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Allen rickman, jeff goldblum, Christopher walken, joey ramone,

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Timothy said:

Hi @ant0n, do you have any examples?

Here’s a good one:

Hi Timothy :)

Here are the beings I think/feel they MIGHT genuinely express (or have expressed) themselves like 'beings out of this world'. I collect the pictures of whatever thing or being I like, including famous people. So I "just" have to browse the related folders and and identify who could apply according to my criteria. What do you think? Which ones would you pick?

- Yul Brynner / Юлий Борисович Бринер (actor)

- Cédric Villani (mathematician)

- Christopher M. Langan

- David Copperfield

- Erwin Schrödinger

- Gherman Titov / Герман Степанович Титов

- James Randi

- Leonardo da Vinci

- Nikola Tesla

- Albert Einstein

- Stephen Hawking

- Tim Berners Lee

- Uri Geller

- Werner Heisenberg

- William J. Sidis

- many people in The Triple Nine Society

- many mentalists

- Elon Musk

- Mark Zuckerberg

- Richard Buckminster Fuller

- Bill gates

- Jeff Bezos

- Steve Jobs

- cluster George V, Nicolaï II and Wilhem II

- JFK

- Arnold Schönberg

- Bera Ivanishvili

- Corneille (German-French singer)

- Daniel Balavoine

- Iannis Xenakis

- Jean Guillou (French organist)

- Jean-Michel Jarre

- Jean-Pierre Leguay (French organist)

- Kurt Moll (bass singer)

- Mark Ronson

- Martin L. Gore (DM)

- Maurice Duruflé (organ)

- Pete burns

- Mozart

- Anish Kapoor (artist)

- Cameron Grey

- Picasso

- Dali

- van Gogh

- Tom Ford (stylist)

- Jackson Pollock

- many transsexual people and people involved in gender experiments

- Olof Mellberg

- Nathan Chen (out of this world figure skater ^^)

- many top record people ("Olympians")

- Nick Vujicic

- Nietzsche

- Anderson Cooper (CNN)

- Evan Kat / Evangelos Katsioulis (Greece)

- Sylvain Hélaine (French tattoes)

- many of dramatically tattooed/pierced/altered people

- Frank Herbert (SF)

- Philip K. Dick

- many sci-fi writers

- Victor Hugo

- Jodie Foster

- Romy Schneider

- Sigourney Weaver

- Cohl Furey (octonions)

- Marie Curie (Science)

- Marilyn vos Savant

- Maryam Mirzakhani

- Sabrina Gonzales Pasterski

- Simonetta di Pippo (outer space affairs, United Nations)

- Greta Thunberg

- Lana Wachowski

- Amy Winehouse

- Aurora Aksnes

- Björk (singer)

- Calpernia Addams

- Cyndi Lauper

- Grace Jones (singer, actress)

- Diane Bish (pipe organ)

- Amélie Nothomb (writer)

- etc.

Such arrogant specks of protoplasm, so puffed up with pride because their pathetic species became adept at chipping flint.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Such arrogant specks of protoplasm, so puffed up with pride because their pathetic species became adept at chipping flint.

Do you feel better now? Do you need to vent even more?

5 minutes ago, ant0n said:

Do you feel better now? Do you need to vent even more?

Just think of it spoken in the bizarre, disconcerting, stilted voices of the alien marionettes in Twin Peaks. What you have, here in this thread, is humans, supposedly sounding like aliens, but in my mind at least, there's nothing more horrific than aliens trying to sound human. Your pardon, but my take on aliens is more H.P. Lovecraft than Star Trek.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Just think of it spoken in the bizarre, disconcerting, stilted voices of the alien marionettes in Twin Peaks. What you have, here in this thread, is humans, supposedly sounding like aliens, but in my mind at least, there's nothing more horrific than aliens trying to sound human. Your pardon, but my take on aliens is more H.P. Lovecraft than Star Trek.

Thank you, Hammerclaw.

Upon reflexion, I should have typed "otherworldly" instead of "ET", as I consider "ET" quite limited, oriented, misleading, distorting, polarizing, linear, geo- and anthropocentered. But when I created this topic, I didn't want to dive too much into perfectionism.

What's your actual experience with "aliens trying to sound human"?

Edited by ant0n
  • Like 1

To be honest, I have no idea what a 6 legged, methane breathing, land-cephalopod sounds like ...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Kinda sad that no one has mention Alex Jones. 

You remind me of the worrying fact I haven't found any comedians as possible citizens of the Earth sounding like "aliens" yet. I think there necessarily are some as I consider fun/humo(u)r fundamental in the Universe.

2 minutes ago, ant0n said:

Thank you, Hammerclaw.

Upon reflexion, I should have typed "otherworldly" instead of "ET", as I consider "ET" quite limited, oriented, misleading, distorting, polarizing, linear, geo- and anthropocentered. But when I created this topic, I didn't want to dive too much into perfectionism.

What's your actual experience with "aliens trying to sound human"?

Not at all, the faux pas was mine, wandering off the beaten path. My only experience is in fiction, dreams and flights of the imagination. I've surrounded myself with the fruits of a misspent youth i.e. hundreds of books of science fiction and other such outré works.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Essan said:

To be honest, I have no idea what a 6 legged, methane breathing, land-cephalopod sounds like ...

I've recently read an article stating it sounds close to this:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Not at all, the faux pas was mine, wandering off the beaten path. My only experience is in fiction, dreams and flights of the imagination. I've surrounded myself with the fruits of a misspent youth i.e. hundreds of books of science fiction and other such outré works.

Well, thought experiments do count. Feel free to share some of them here.

I was a big fan of Frank Herbert. I still feel grateful to him.

1 minute ago, ant0n said:

Well, thought experiments do count. Feel free to share some of them here.

I was a big fan of Frank Herbert. I still feel grateful to him.

I still have a carefully preserved, much worn paperback of Dune from my youth. 

I think humanity has an inflated opinion of itself, of aliens wanting to make contact with us. When you hear crickets, chirping in the dark, do you seek them out for conversation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ant0n said:

Hi Timothy :)

Here are the beings I think/feel they MIGHT genuinely express (or have expressed) themselves like 'beings out of this world'. I collect the pictures of whatever thing or being I like, including famous people. So I "just" have to browse the related folders and and identify who could apply according to my criteria. What do you think? Which ones would you pick?

*snip*

Hi again, that’s quite a list!

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I wouldn’t pick any; humans can be weird and wonderful, downright bizarre, delusional (the guy I posted the video about), exceptional (Einstein), completely out of their mind, outright frauds or charlatans/snake oil salesman, completely socially awkward (The Zuck) etc. etc.

I don’t believe that any of them ‘sounds/sounded like a highly advanced non-Earthly being’.

6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I think humanity has an inflated opinion of itself, of aliens wanting to make contact with us. When you hear crickets, chirping in the dark, do you seek them out for conversation?

Crickets may be a bit of a reach, but humans  successfully communicate with higher animals all the time; take dogs for example. We're separated from them by about 60 millions years of evolution. 

In a normal developmental scenario, such as probably exists in our galaxy, there would presumably be a continuum of mental complexity in species on various worlds. Some of them would probably be much closer to our level, than we are to dogs. Then, too, those species nearest to our kind of mentality would probably find us the most interesting, and have the most to share with us, and to gain from contact with us.  

2 hours ago, bison said:

Crickets may be a bit of a reach, but humans  successfully communicate with higher animals all the time; take dogs for example. We're separated from them by about 60 millions years of evolution. 

In a normal developmental scenario, such as probably exists in our galaxy, there would presumably be a continuum of mental complexity in species on various worlds. Some of them would probably be much closer to our level, than we are to dogs. Then, too, those species nearest to our kind of mentality would probably find us the most interesting, and have the most to share with us, and to gain from contact with us.  

We do not talk to dogs, we impress our will upon them. We've enslaved and genetically manipulated them for thousands of years--but we can't carry on a conversation with them. The aliens closest to our technological level are the ones we are least likely to encounter. W e are primitive savages; primitive because our technology limits us to this one place; savage because we still make war on our own kind. In any case, truly advanced starfaring species probably avoid wild biomes such as Earth as biological hazards.

7 hours ago, Timothy said:

Hi again, that’s quite a list!

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I wouldn’t pick any; humans can be weird and wonderful, downright bizarre, delusional (the guy I posted the video about), exceptional (Einstein), completely out of their mind, outright frauds or charlatans/snake oil salesman, completely socially awkward (The Zuck) etc. etc.

I don’t believe that any of them ‘sounds/sounded like a highly advanced non-Earthly being’.

Alright. I just like them for other reasons than genuinely sounding outworldly.

The guy you posted a YouTube video about sounds like a fraud to me. Trust me, I can more or less genuinely sound like an "alien" too. And if I get people to dive into my strategy, I may look like an impression of "alien" indeed. But I'm beyond that concept of "alien" anyway. Many members here on UM are interested in that concept and I thought about publishing here something entertaining to some extent.

I must confess I do appreciate your input.

Now, let's see, who else (than the guy you posted about) genuinely sounds "alien"?

I heard about david Bowie and his "Star" thing. Any thought about that?

Oh I must confess I dove into the concept of "starseeds" for several years, desperately looking for similar ones. I just saw frauds over there or misled gifted people.

David Bowie Ziggy Stardust? Oh good Lords, remove that dam make-up, Bowie!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Are you that blasé?

1 minute ago, ant0n said:

Are you that blasé?

Nonchalant. Privately, I'm both fascinated by and filled with trepidation of the thought of contact. 

59 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Nonchalant. Privately, I'm both fascinated by and filled with trepidation of the thought of contact. 

Last night, I attended a lecture about Fermi's Paradox. The lecturer said that whether "we"re alone in the Universe" or not, both possibilities are scary. Why would they be scared, in your opinion?

(Moreover, he said that the mere fact to know for sure an alien civilization existed could deeply disturb our civilization on Earth).

Edited by ant0n