Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Solipsi Rai

Political Correctness/Social Justice criticism

28 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Solipsi Rai
Posted (edited)

I made a thread to post vids which spoof, analyze and criticize PC-ness, aka SJWs on their quest to moralizing the country to be more inclusive and less bigoted.

As a Center-Left Democrat who rather see the USA focus more on social democracy or democratic socialist concepts of a better welfare safety net, it's starting to get ridiculous on everything's now offensive, and it should be more restrictive on what can we say, react or even think when we're dealing with diversity issues, race relations, gender equality, LGBT acceptance and so on.

This made fun of both the Left and esp. the Right.
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeHT7FTicr4

Left wing, right wing, they're all the same bird to me.
Edited by Solipsi Rai
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai
Posted (edited)
Democratic humor: Social Justice Warriors. To them, everything's offensive!

HATE CRIME! BIAS CRIME! MUH HXMXN RIGHTS! XD 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-IvLGUOWM

I've heard "African American is problematic", remember they rejected the term "black" in the 1990s which replaced the earlier now archaic and unacceptable terms "Negro" and "colored" in the 1960s, they also objected to the term "Afro" and now, they are pushing for the word "blxxk" and "B-I-People of Color" (for black, indigenous and obvious to include other non-Anglo/Euro-Caucasians).
Edited by Solipsi Rai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai
Posted (edited)

30 years ago, it was just as bad (the Political Correctness Movement of the 1980s-2000s to replace the Civil Rights one in the 1950s-70s). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1tFbZ5kaY8

From college classrooms and internet blogs like Tumblr to your workplace HR and state/federal laws, the Democrats are now viewed similar to Republicans' ties with the religious right. And don't forget to mind your manners, the moral orals, church Ladies, Karens and proper people ensure you know how to behave.

Copypasted from my blog, this is why it has the blue background...and the YT links aren't showing a vid-screen for some reason.

 

Edited by Solipsi Rai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56

So I want to say something about "the Karens".   I have several friends named Karen and none of them fit the stereotype that someone decided to hang on that name.  Who chose that name AND why does anyone have to use it?  It seems more like a way to dumb down the population even more.    Any one who decides to follow the zombies and use the terms they create is a zombie.   Every woman over the age of 40 who has to interact with strangers in this sick society has had at least one day when she looses it and goes off on someone over something stupid.    That does not warrant pretending there is a specific population that always does that and choosing a name to represent them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1

Well, when social injustice was serious there were not enough podium platforms to shout from.

Now, we have very little social injustice going on but too many podium platforms. And those platforms get overly covered and discussed by the media. The media loves to stir controversy. They know publicizing outrageous statements from the far left will flame emotions and ratings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Just now, papageorge1 said:

Well, when social injustice was serious there were not enough podium platforms to shout from.

Now, we have very little social injustice going on but too many podium platforms. And those platforms get overly covered and discussed by the media. The media loves to stir controversy. They know publicizing outrageous statements from the far left will flame emotions and ratings.

The extremes at either end always get all the attention.  It skews the perception of normal, rational people thinking, incorrectly, that they are the minority when in  fact they are the majority.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai
17 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So I want to say something about "the Karens".   I have several friends named Karen and none of them fit the stereotype that someone decided to hang on that name.  Who chose that name AND why does anyone have to use it?  It seems more like a way to dumb down the population even more.    Any one who decides to follow the zombies and use the terms they create is a zombie.   Every woman over the age of 40 who has to interact with strangers in this sick society has had at least one day when she looses it and goes off on someone over something stupid.    That does not warrant pretending there is a specific population that always does that and choosing a name to represent them.

The first incident of a privileged, self-entitled and over-demanding customers in a retail or grocery store was named Karen, I think this was earlier last year in a Torrance CA CostCo and she spouted her opposition of wearing masks, attacked the large Asian customer base in the store and arguing with a store manager who blocked her entrance on the property . Interestingly, my own Mom who passed away in Easter Sunday is originally from Torrance near L.A. and she recalled a similarly large Japanese/Asian-American population, but the South Bay communities have a lot of wealthy residents of every race (my Mom's Redondo Beach section was converted into million-dollar condos in a formerly fishing-cannery town). Karens come in all genders/sexes, races/colors, age, classes, shapes and sizes...it should be the new term for "bigot", "snob" and anything obscene, profane and vulgar. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai

On Youtube, look up the Legend of Karen (I can't post the link due to the vids have strong language), a parody of the Legend of Zelda meets reality in 2020 as well in 2021. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

The first incident of a privileged, self-entitled and over-demanding customers in a retail or grocery store was named Karen, I think this was earlier last year in a Torrance CA CostCo and she spouted her opposition of wearing masks, attacked the large Asian customer base in the store and arguing with a store manager who blocked her entrance on the property . Interestingly, my own Mom who passed away in Easter Sunday is originally from Torrance near L.A. and she recalled a similarly large Japanese/Asian-American population, but the South Bay communities have a lot of wealthy residents of every race (my Mom's Redondo Beach section was converted into million-dollar condos in a formerly fishing-cannery town). Karens come in all genders/sexes, races/colors, age, classes, shapes and sizes...it should be the new term for "bigot", "snob" and anything obscene, profane and vulgar. 

The first instance???   Are you kidding?   That kind of thing has gone on for over centuries.   Maybe it was an incident that got put on twitter but it is a zombie thing to follow along with it.   And privileged, self entitled, over demanding teenage boys and girls, 20 somethings etc do that kind of thing all over too.   It is lazy to use the name Karen, instead of actually just using the proper description -privileged, self-entitled and over-demanding.   It should NOT be the new term for "bigot", if you mean "bigot" say "bigot".   

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The first instance???   Are you kidding?   That kind of thing has gone on for over centuries.   Maybe it was an incident that got put on twitter but it is a zombie thing to follow along with it.   And privileged, self entitled, over demanding teenage boys and girls, 20 somethings etc do that kind of thing all over too.   It is lazy to use the name Karen, instead of actually just using the proper description -privileged, self-entitled and over-demanding.   It should NOT be the new term for "bigot", if you mean "bigot" say "bigot".   

Yeah, Karen will stop being used to describe someone (mainly white, upper-middle-class and middle aged "housewives") who is indeed a bigot, snob and a customer who's on their way of being banned from the store's premises. I'm aware it's old news, but more noticeable in a pandemic time, when grocery store workers like myself are trying to be so careful.

Currently, Asian-Americans are targeted out of pure hatred blamed for introducing the coronavirus from China earlier in 2019 or 2020 according to scientists long keeping track of COVID in the US, but we shouldn't scapegoat an entire race made up of multiple ethnicities, nationalities and cultures who can slightly and greatly differ from each other in the Asian continent, Pacific Islands and nearby parts of the "eastern" world. 

And Biden just announced last week we now have a mass shooting pandemic (old news, but it's gotten worse in 2021) along with a hate crime pandemic that Asians, also Blacks, Latinx, Middle Eastern people, Native Americans and esp. Jews, LGBT, women, people with disabilities, and people having different political opinions reported to experience more hate crimes against them, the statistics showed the problem has really hit the fan. 

Edited by Solipsi Rai
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai

Also I posted somewhere on the UM about my own Mom's DNA test uncovers American history not many of us Americans know about: a highly diverse and less white plurality in the early days of the USA (the eastern colonies and coast had 25% African, 15% Indigenous and early records of Latin American, Middle Eastern, Indian and East Asian residents). My own hometown Indio-Coachella CA may have a "whitewashed" history of undercounting and downplaying the large Hispanic/Latino/Mexican population which were close to majority status in most of the 20th century. Imagine 50-80% of the population of a city regulated to 1/4 of an entire city as well, sometimes they are classified white (Spanish), and in other times, the INS pressured to massively deport anyone who appeared "Mexican" , had Spanish surnames and have any brown skin (often a Southern European and esp. Native American ethnoracial trait). Like Torrance's long history of Japanese, Asian and Pacific Islander residents, a result of being a beach town with a pier (Redondo Beach) full of maritime workers from all over the world, America (and our own hometowns) is diverse, always has been and always will be. And a past of slavery continues to haunt this country, now that many police officers are held on trial for police brutality against blacks they pulled over and killed...and race relations continue to be strained but it's gotten worse in 2021. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai
Posted (edited)

Wow...15 minute video. Social Liberals are trying to legitimize a lot of historically taboo behaviors, like polyamory and I have to bring up former President Trump has a history of dating many people while he was married (he had 3 marriages). 50-some years ago, when CA Gov Ronald Reagan admitted to divorced his first wave Jane Wyman and remarried to a woman named Nancy, divorce has became much more socially acceptable. I was told polyamory is more accepted in France, noting America has a puritan Calvinist foundation and we're still more culturally religious than Northern, Western and all of Europe.

Edited by Solipsi Rai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
16 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Currently, Asian-Americans are targeted out of pure hatred blamed for introducing the coronavirus from China earlier in 2019 or 2020 according to scientists long keeping track of COVID in the US, but we shouldn't scapegoat an entire race made up of multiple ethnicities, nationalities and cultures who can slightly and greatly differ from each other in the Asian continent, Pacific Islands and nearby parts of the "eastern" world. 

That is not unusual.  People are stupid and angry and  lash out at anyone who fits their ignorant perception of "the enemy of the day".   In 2001 I was horrified at what people did after the Twin Towers were taken out.   We heard it on the radio between 8:00 & 8:30 am and by 9:30 people in a small town had gone in to a quickie mart and dragged out the proprietor who had lived in that community for over 20 years and had never had a problem with anyone, because he LOOKED middle eastern.  His parents were from India.  He grew up in Texas, but crazy people went to him to blame for the incident 2000+ miles away.

A few years later I went to a concert with a group of people I sometimes hung out with, I was not close to any of them, the organizer of the group was my neighbor.  Someone brought a friend no one knew and we were listening to patriotic songs from some men's acopella group.   The stranger piped up that she was angry at her muslim friend because of 9-11.   To me that was a very stupid attitude.  I asked if her friend was born in the U.S. and she said yes, then I asked if she didn't understand that that attack was as much against her (in my  mind more so) as every other citizen of the U.S. and she said no.  ???  Then I found myself surrounded by the rest of the women in the group telling me I was wrong and how muslims this and that (none of it true).  So I just shut my mouth and never hung out with them again.   People are stupid, but not all people are stupid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

That is not unusual.  People are stupid and angry and  lash out at anyone who fits their ignorant perception of "the enemy of the day".   In 2001 I was horrified at what people did after the Twin Towers were taken out.   We heard it on the radio between 8:00 & 8:30 am and by 9:30 people in a small town had gone in to a quickie mart and dragged out the proprietor who had lived in that community for over 20 years and had never had a problem with anyone, because he LOOKED middle eastern.  His parents were from India.  He grew up in Texas, but crazy people went to him to blame for the incident 2000+ miles away.

A few years later I went to a concert with a group of people I sometimes hung out with, I was not close to any of them, the organizer of the group was my neighbor.  Someone brought a friend no one knew and we were listening to patriotic songs from some men's acopella group.   The stranger piped up that she was angry at her muslim friend because of 9-11.   To me that was a very stupid attitude.  I asked if her friend was born in the U.S. and she said yes, then I asked if she didn't understand that that attack was as much against her (in my  mind more so) as every other citizen of the U.S. and she said no.  ???  Then I found myself surrounded by the rest of the women in the group telling me I was wrong and how muslims this and that (none of it true).  So I just shut my mouth and never hung out with them again.   People are stupid, but not all people are stupid.

I remember other waves of hate: The 1992 LA Riots directed at Blacks here in southern CA, the same year, Native Americans protested against the 500th anniversary of Christopher Columbus "discovered" America, in the 1990s and 2000s, CA state and federal actions against undocumented immigration against Hispanics/Latinos, and the Great Recession of 2008-09 was some anti-semitic scapegoating. After the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the US government repeatedly reminded Americans to not turn against Muslims, Arab-Americans and Middle eastern ethnicities, because it's racist and xenophobic, and be in mind we have allies in the Middle East who were assisting our fight against terrorism. And the 1990s and 2000s Clintons and Bush family administrations, both center-left "kinda right" and center-right "kinda left" condemned all forms of racism against a plethora of our cultural diversity, it's supposedly patriotic and anti-nationalistic to have our society (the majority who are white, Anglo, European, Caucasian, western and Christian - esp Protestant) accept fellow Americans regardless of their differing skin color, racial origin, ethnic background and religious beliefs. And I have to say the recent explosion of hatred released onto Asian-Americans is the worst they encountered: the 1850s anti-Chinese sentiment, internment of Japanese during WW2 in the west coast, and the "model minority" myth of the late 20th-early 21st century are examples...note the latter is based on falsified, flawed, debunked, outdated and exaggerated statistics on how are Asian-Americans doing socioeconomically.  

Edited by Solipsi Rai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai

Locally, we had a BB gun shooting of an Italian restaurant near the grocery store I worked in, the arrested suspect (on-site security and cameras caught the incident with the car's license plate info) was a middle-aged male and he had a history of prejudice against Italians, as well a dislike of Jews and esp. he hated black people. Stereotypes against Italian-Americans continue to exist in pop culture, esp. "they're all connected to the mob, mafia and organized crime". Italians are generally considered white, but sometimes (more common until half a century ago), bigots compared Italians and esp Sicilians to Arabs, Africans and Hispanics, even Indians, for their exaggerated Mediterranean ethnic appearance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
1 minute ago, Solipsi Rai said:

I remember other waves of hate: The 1992 LA Riots directed at Blacks here in southern CA, the same year, Native Americans protested against the 500th anniversary of Christopher Columbus "discovered" America, in the 1990s and 2000s, CA and federal actions against undocumented immigration against Hispanics/Latinos, and the Great Recession of 2008-09 was some anti-semitic scapegoating. After the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the US government repeatedly reminded Americans to not turn against Muslims, Arab-Americans and Middle eastern ethnicities, because it's racist and xenophobic, and be in mind we have allies in the Middle East who were assisting our fight against terrorism. And the 1990s and 2000s Clintons and Bush family administrations, both center-left "kinda right" and center-right "kinda left" condemned all forms of racism against a plethora of our cultural diversity, it's supposedly patriotic and anti-nationalistic to have our society (the majority who are white, Anglo, European, Caucasian, western and Christian - esp Protestant) accept fellow Americans regardless of their differing skin color, racial origin, ethnic background and religious beliefs. And I have to say the recent explosion of hatred released onto Asian-Americans is the worst they encountered: the 1850s anti-Chinese sentiment, internment of Japanese during WW2 and the "model minority" myth of the late 20th-early 21st century are examples...note the latter is based on falsified, flawed, debunked, outdated and exaggerated ideas of what are or how are Asian-Americans doing socioeconomically.  

The thing that gets me is that any one in the SW U.S. is being idiotic if they think all hispanics came from Mexico.  The Spaniards were here over 100 years before any English or other Europeans hit the east coast of North America and so any immigrant from the eastern U.S. or Mid western U.S. that wants people deported because they have Spanish  last names and/or dark native skin should be sent back to England or what ever other European country their ancestors came from.   Which saying that, is just as stupid.  If you are born here you belong here no matter where your ancestors came from.  

Hate and fear are spread for control of large groups of people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai

I watched old PSA films made by the US Army or federal propaganda on fighting intolerance/prejudice of fellow Americans (Frank Sinatra's "The House I live in") and so-called anti-American ideologies of fascism and communism ("Don't be a Sucker"). In the 1930s-40s, the great depression, WW2, the cold war and the first waves of modern social liberalism (i.e. acceptance of labor unions, which is going away in the early 21st century) began to have society become more accepting and tolerant of social group differences. However, "people back then weren't PC, they failed in social justice and American remained in Jim Crow segregation", I guess the process takes decades and generations for real change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai
Posted (edited)

The controversy in SJW circles is how female anime characters are presented: Are they protagonists who are smart, independent and brave in encountering danger to save the day? Or are they "eye candy" (male gaze), generally tokens, false body image (how the females are drawn), purposely objectified in sexualization, intense female stereotyping, and is cis-hetero-normative? Anime and similarly with manga doesn't seem to get it right after their history of being gynocentric, they tend to have majority female characters and it appears women in the anime and manga world are prominent, yet they remain dominated by men who are more likely the main character and only caters to young adult men who have the worst viewpoints of women.

Edited by Solipsi Rai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish

Hate to tell ya,ll this (pfft who am I kidding). You can't fix people. You can't fix "society" and you definitely can't created a single accepted reality tunnel. There will always be various reality bubbles where X, Y, Z, thing is either accepted or not accepted. With other reality bubble in conflict with whatever group A believe vs group B. The story never really changes. Just the actors and settings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katniss
2 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Currently, Asian-Americans are targeted out of pure hatred blamed for introducing the coronavirus from China earlier in 2019 or 2020 according to scientists long keeping track of COVID in the US, but we shouldn't scapegoat an entire race made up of multiple ethnicities, nationalities and cultures who can slightly and greatly differ from each other in the Asian continent, Pacific Islands and nearby parts of the "eastern" world.

Thank you! And West coast South America too. :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
52 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

The controversy in SJW circles is how female anime characters are presented: Are they protagonists who are smart, independent and brave in encountering danger to save the day? Or are they "eye candy" (male gaze), generally tokens, false body image (how the females are drawn), purposely objectified in sexualization, intense female stereotyping, and is cis-hetero-normative? Anime and similarly with manga doesn't seem to get it right after their history of being gynocentric, they tend to have majority female characters and it appears women in the anime and manga world are prominent, yet they remain dominated by men who are more likely the main character and only caters to young adult men who have the worst viewpoints of women.

Could you please use the actual words instead of 'SJW'?   I have no clue what SJW stand for, it could be any number of things.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai
34 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Could you please use the actual words instead of 'SJW'?   I have no clue what SJW stand for, it could be any number of things.   

"SJW" are initials shortened from Social Justice Warriors, they are activists wanting social justice in forms of addressing and solving gender, racial and economic disparities. They are more about changing and correcting behavior they find to be offensive, insensitive and it should be morally/ethically unacceptable. It goes beyond politics and theology, what they're saying is putting people and persons down for being different, as well political powers of white, male and other forms of privilege should never be institutionally enforced. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai
53 minutes ago, Katniss said:

Thank you! And West coast South America too. :yes:

Yes, the Pacific rim of North and South America, sometimes treated as a singular landmass known as the Americas. The Asian continent is sometimes included as a singular landmass known as Eurasia, but you have subcontinents of India with nearby nations like Pakistan and Bangladesh, and Arabia/Asia Minor which has Armenia, Turkey and Israel. There's a saying "We're all from Africa" about the earliest species of modern humanity (homo sapiens) originated from Eastern and Southern Africa, but are all humans...Africans?  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solipsi Rai

Talking about race/color and gender/sex in mixed company, can a white or male "liberal" show they are not racist or sexist when they say or do something offensive to the other? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.