Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The mystery of the French blue diamond

Eldorado

Known by awed gemologists simply as “the Blue,” the world’s biggest blue diamond first vanished in a jewel heist during the turmoil of revolutionary Paris in 1792.

Since then, it has resurfaced and disappeared several times around Europe and across the Atlantic.

Historians and jewelers have finally ended this treasure hunt that lasted more than two centuries.

Most diamonds are prized for colorlessness, but this remarkable gem stood out for its distinctive deep blue hue.

Discovered in India and brought to France in the 17th century, the stone measured a whopping 115 carats—a rare heavyweight in gemological terms.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/history-magazine/article/science-solved-mystery-stolen-french-blue-diamond

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rashore said:

It's coming up as exclusive content for subscribers :( 

Did someone find it?

I'm not a subscriber yet I can read it ok.

Hope Diamond

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I'm not a subscriber yet I can read it ok.

Hope Diamond

I must have hit my limit for free articles for a while with NG then. Ok, so a nice article about the stone then?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rashore said:

I must have hit my limit for free articles for a while with NG then. Ok, so a nice article about the stone then?

Happens to me once in a while with NG  too.

• Like 2