Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

‘Can babies see ghosts?’ The best of Yahoo Answers

Eldorado

For a time, Yahoo Answers was said to be the second most-visited reference site on the internet after Wikipedia, drawing 120 million users worldwide.

No more. Yahoo announced the closure of the site abruptly and without ceremony this month, stating that it had decided to “focus on products that better serve our members”. In its FAQ page about the transition, those left asking themselves “Where should I go when I have questions in the future?” were directed to Yahoo Search.

From 4 May, the Yahoo Answers website will redirect to Yahoo’s homepage, and its “community of global knowledge sharing”, built over 16 years, will be lost. Internet archivists, likening it to the burning of the Library of Alexandria, are working on a plan to save all 84m submitted questions.

We’ve brought together some of the best questions before they are gone forever.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/apr/15/can-babies-see-ghosts-the-best-of-yahoo-answers

I believe babies are more sensitive to the spirit world as their subtle bodies (and psychic senses) have not yet aligned so tightly with the physical.

Perhaps Yahoo Answers can be replaced with an 'Ask the Papa' web service?

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I remember seeing impossible beings twice as a very young child.  One was a glowing all white humanoid that walked into my bedroom while I was playing, I asked who he was and he disappeared.  I went and told my mom immediately but she just kind of said something to the effect of "That's nice Honey".  The second I was punting a football into the air and running across the yard to catch it when what seemed to be a robot walked around a corner of reality (best way I can describe it) and I barely stopped short of running into him.  I said "Robot man" and then he took a step backwards around the corner of reality and was gone.  Both of these I'm going to guess happened when I was four years old.  It's hard for me to think that I was hallucinating or remembering wrong because both occurrences have remained vivid in my memory every since and I've thought about them many times.  I've never told anyone, this is the first time I'm sharing this.  

I guess what I'm getting at is that I think that it may be possible that babies and young children may be able to see things sometimes that for the rest of us aren't there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I believe babies are more sensitive to the spirit world as their subtle bodies (and psychic senses) have not yet aligned so tightly with the physical.

Perhaps Yahoo Answers can be replaced with an 'Ask the Papa' web service?

Then there's the fact that the biased perceptions of others around them haven't clouded their vision yet. How many kids were told that the things they saw didn't exist, or that they were having a day/nightmare? I'm with OverSword on this one. Very plausible, but not provable. I just told my kids that if it was scary, tell it that it scares you, and to leave you alone. If it didn't scare you, then no worries. Seemed to work. 

• 2 months later...

yes

Especially children it is gifted with a psychic gift I know I was one of them kids I was in from toddler I saw stuff but I got too old was it was in my head but I'm one now it was not so do not tell a child or a baby that's in the head because deep down they are gifted

• Like 1