Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
glorybebe

Can eating chocolate help you to LOSE weight

Recommended Posts

glorybebe

Substituting cocoa for other snacks could help obese people to drop the pounds, study claims 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9475103/Cocoa-help-obese-people-lose-weight-study-claims.html

Oh, I could eat chocolate with every meal! :clap:

(Not sure if in right Forum area, but went with it being a scientific study?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Dreamer screamer

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/21/cocoa-crisis-world-chocolate-stash-melting-away

The cocoa crisis: why the world’s stash of chocolate is melting away

It’s the world’s favourite sweet treat – and this week one of the industry’s biggest players warned that supplies could soon be running low. Guardian writers around the world report on the causes of the problem, from disease and crop failure to the rise of the chocolate crisp

This was 2014....   Just found out Chocolate makes you lose fat, then we run out of it.   :no: Not good at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HandsomeGorilla

So drinking or eating low sugar chocolate instead of cakes and other sweets might make people lose weight? Ya don't say...it's called calorie reduction

Your average person is going to read this, completely ignore 90% and deduct it as, 'I can eat chocolate to lose weight' 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish

If you want to have chocolate. Eat dark chocolate. None of that highly processed junk. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
33 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Substituting cocoa for other snacks could help obese people to drop the pounds, study claims 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9475103/Cocoa-help-obese-people-lose-weight-study-claims.html

Oh, I could eat chocolate with every meal! :clap:

(Not sure if in right Forum area, but went with it being a scientific study?

As long as it is dark chocolate or cocoa with very little sweeter.  I am a cocoa addict (actual baking cocoa).    There is a big difference between what people think is chocolate and what really is chocolate.  Dark chocolate can give you the endorphins your brain is craving without adding sugar or a lot of carbs, but hersheys doesn't count.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
12 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

So drinking or eating low sugar chocolate instead of cakes and other sweets might make people lose weight? Ya don't say...it's called calorie reduction

Your average person is going to read this, completely ignore 90% and deduct it as, 'I can eat chocolate to lose weight' 

One square of dark chocolate (70 - 80 %) can keep you from wanting a whole hershey bar or box of cookies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

box of cookies.

Keep those soft chips ahoy cookies out of my sight. I'll eat the entire pack.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Keep those soft chips ahoy cookies out of my sight. I'll eat the entire pack.

For me it is chocolate mint cookies.   Or home made chocolate chip cookies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
20 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

So drinking or eating low sugar chocolate instead of cakes and other sweets might make people lose weight? Ya don't say...it's called calorie reduction

Your average person is going to read this, completely ignore 90% and deduct it as, 'I can eat chocolate to lose weight' 

I found that the easiest way to lost weight is to just remove the junk and fast food from one's diet along with calories beverages. Eat real food. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

For me it is chocolate mint cookies.  

That would be my oldest. If it's chocolate and mint in some form, she's all for it. Now if for some reason anyone reading this wants to gain weight, I have a recipe for that. Which will result in weight gain and possible diabetes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

That would be my oldest. If it's chocolate and mint in some form, she's all for it. Now if for some reason anyone reading this wants to gain weight, I have a recipe for that. Which will result in weight gain and possible diabetes. 

I make my own cookies with half the sugar, and I also use brown sugar instead of white sugar (probably no difference chemically, but I prefer the taste).   I make my cocoa with no sweetener, it tastes better to me.   I have tried making it using hot water that has seeped a mint tea bag, and it is pretty good.  But I grow spearmint and just pull a leave and keep it where I can smell it all day.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

Mmmm, anti-oxidants. Dark chocolate. Tastes kinda good, but much better for you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
HandsomeGorilla
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

One square of dark chocolate (70 - 80 %) can keep you from wanting a whole hershey bar or box of cookies.

Yes it potentially can have appetite suppressant effects, I eat a few blocks of 72% before bed. Higher percentage is better but that's about where I draw the line for bitterness 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

As long as it is dark chocolate or cocoa with very little sweeter.  I am a cocoa addict (actual baking cocoa).    There is a big difference between what people think is chocolate and what really is chocolate.  Dark chocolate can give you the endorphins your brain is craving without adding sugar or a lot of carbs, but hersheys doesn't count.

I love dark chocolate,  especially with chili pepper in it, yummmm

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
26 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I love dark chocolate,  especially with chili pepper in it, yummmm

I gotta try that. Where do you get chili chocolate? Sounds delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moonman

Too bad I hate dark chocolate. Tastes like burnt dirt.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe
1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

I gotta try that. Where do you get chili chocolate? Sounds delicious.

Lindt dark chili chocolate.  Walmart, Superstore, Shoppers Drugmart approx $5

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuclear Wessel
3 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

If you want to have chocolate. Eat dark chocolate. None of that highly processed junk. 

I love dark chocolate...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle

Dark chocolate makes me sneeze. :P

I only have one Hershey's Kiss or two M&M's every couple of days anyway. I do love the spicy chocolate glorybebe is talking about though. And the orange chocolate balls. It's probably been five years since I've had either because they are too tempting to keep around the house.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
13 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Yes it potentially can have appetite suppressant effects, I eat a few blocks of 72% before bed. Higher percentage is better but that's about where I draw the line for bitterness 

I found a 90-% bar once and it was wonderful.   But if I was really needing chocolate I could take a spoon of cocoa powder and mix it with a little water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
On 4/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, glorybebe said:

I love dark chocolate,  especially with chili pepper in it, yummmm

If you like that, gb, try chocolate sauce on peppermint stick ice cream.  The bomb  :-*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

Personally, I like dark but I prefer sweet chocolate. 

As far as losing weight goes, I have "Long haul" COVID and the docs are trying to put weight back on me. That does not mean that I avoid dark chocolate :D

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nosy.Matters
Posted (edited)

Quickly,,, heard it was also good for youthful skin, no i,ve no data on that handy. Yep 70% to 80% dark chocolate at night not too bitter and it seems like soft chips ahoy could solve any hunger crisis. ( edit: in the world )

Edited by Nosy.Matters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.