Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can eating chocolate help you to LOSE weight

glorybebe

Substituting cocoa for other snacks could help obese people to drop the pounds, study claims 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9475103/Cocoa-help-obese-people-lose-weight-study-claims.html

Oh, I could eat chocolate with every meal! :clap:

(Not sure if in right Forum area, but went with it being a scientific study?

• Like 5

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/21/cocoa-crisis-world-chocolate-stash-melting-away

The cocoa crisis: why the world’s stash of chocolate is melting away

It’s the world’s favourite sweet treat – and this week one of the industry’s biggest players warned that supplies could soon be running low. Guardian writers around the world report on the causes of the problem, from disease and crop failure to the rise of the chocolate crisp

This was 2014....   Just found out Chocolate makes you lose fat, then we run out of it.   :no: Not good at all.

So drinking or eating low sugar chocolate instead of cakes and other sweets might make people lose weight? Ya don't say...it's called calorie reduction

Your average person is going to read this, completely ignore 90% and deduct it as, 'I can eat chocolate to lose weight' 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Substituting cocoa for other snacks could help obese people to drop the pounds, study claims 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9475103/Cocoa-help-obese-people-lose-weight-study-claims.html

Oh, I could eat chocolate with every meal! :clap:

(Not sure if in right Forum area, but went with it being a scientific study?

As long as it is dark chocolate or cocoa with very little sweeter.  I am a cocoa addict (actual baking cocoa).    There is a big difference between what people think is chocolate and what really is chocolate.  Dark chocolate can give you the endorphins your brain is craving without adding sugar or a lot of carbs, but hersheys doesn't count.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

So drinking or eating low sugar chocolate instead of cakes and other sweets might make people lose weight? Ya don't say...it's called calorie reduction

Your average person is going to read this, completely ignore 90% and deduct it as, 'I can eat chocolate to lose weight' 

One square of dark chocolate (70 - 80 %) can keep you from wanting a whole hershey bar or box of cookies.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

box of cookies.

Keep those soft chips ahoy cookies out of my sight. I'll eat the entire pack.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Keep those soft chips ahoy cookies out of my sight. I'll eat the entire pack.

For me it is chocolate mint cookies.   Or home made chocolate chip cookies.

20 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

I found that the easiest way to lost weight is to just remove the junk and fast food from one's diet along with calories beverages. Eat real food. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

For me it is chocolate mint cookies.  

That would be my oldest. If it's chocolate and mint in some form, she's all for it. Now if for some reason anyone reading this wants to gain weight, I have a recipe for that. Which will result in weight gain and possible diabetes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

That would be my oldest. If it's chocolate and mint in some form, she's all for it. Now if for some reason anyone reading this wants to gain weight, I have a recipe for that. Which will result in weight gain and possible diabetes. 

I make my own cookies with half the sugar, and I also use brown sugar instead of white sugar (probably no difference chemically, but I prefer the taste).   I make my cocoa with no sweetener, it tastes better to me.   I have tried making it using hot water that has seeped a mint tea bag, and it is pretty good.  But I grow spearmint and just pull a leave and keep it where I can smell it all day.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Mmmm, anti-oxidants. Dark chocolate. Tastes kinda good, but much better for you.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

One square of dark chocolate (70 - 80 %) can keep you from wanting a whole hershey bar or box of cookies.

Yes it potentially can have appetite suppressant effects, I eat a few blocks of 72% before bed. Higher percentage is better but that's about where I draw the line for bitterness 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

As long as it is dark chocolate or cocoa with very little sweeter.  I am a cocoa addict (actual baking cocoa).    There is a big difference between what people think is chocolate and what really is chocolate.  Dark chocolate can give you the endorphins your brain is craving without adding sugar or a lot of carbs, but hersheys doesn't count.

I love dark chocolate,  especially with chili pepper in it, yummmm

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I gotta try that. Where do you get chili chocolate? Sounds delicious.

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

I gotta try that. Where do you get chili chocolate? Sounds delicious.

Lindt dark chili chocolate.  Walmart, Superstore, Shoppers Drugmart approx $5

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Xeno-Fish said:

If you want to have chocolate. Eat dark chocolate. None of that highly processed junk. 

I love dark chocolate...

• Like 2

Dark chocolate makes me sneeze. :P

I only have one Hershey's Kiss or two M&M's every couple of days anyway. I do love the spicy chocolate glorybebe is talking about though. And the orange chocolate balls. It's probably been five years since I've had either because they are too tempting to keep around the house.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Yes it potentially can have appetite suppressant effects, I eat a few blocks of 72% before bed. Higher percentage is better but that's about where I draw the line for bitterness 

I found a 90-% bar once and it was wonderful.   But if I was really needing chocolate I could take a spoon of cocoa powder and mix it with a little water.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, glorybebe said:

If you like that, gb, try chocolate sauce on peppermint stick ice cream.  The bomb  :-*

• Like 1

Personally, I like dark but I prefer sweet chocolate. 

As far as losing weight goes, I have "Long haul" COVID and the docs are trying to put weight back on me. That does not mean that I avoid dark chocolate :D

• Sad 1

Quickly,,, heard it was also good for youthful skin, no i,ve no data on that handy. Yep 70% to 80% dark chocolate at night not too bitter and it seems like soft chips ahoy could solve any hunger crisis. ( edit: in the world )

Edited by Nosy.Matters