Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Criticize AOC Get A Visit From The Police

OverSword

This is unbelievable. Could it be that they will try to use insurgency as an excuse to violate our rights?  

A left-wing, anti-war activist says he was left “shaken” after two police officers came to his apartment in California last week, accusing him of threatening Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter.

Ryan Wentz, who goes by the Twitter handle @queeralamode, said the plainclothes California Highway Patrol officers came to his door Thursday, after he posted video of some vague remarks made by Ocasio-Cortez on Israel and Palestine and criticized her comments as “incredibly underwhelming.”

“I lightly criticized @AOC for a disappointing answer in response to a question about Palestine/Israel,” Wentz tweeted.

As a result, he said, police arrived at his address. At first, the two officers yelling his name sounded like, “my Postmates delivery,” Wentz said in a podcast Friday.

“I felt scared, intimidated, and violated,” he tweeted. “They knew my name and where I live. It was done on behalf of a congresswoman who advocates against police state tactics.”

Wentz said the officers “right off the bat” described his tweet as a “threat to kill a sitting member of Congress.”

Cortez denies initiating the police visit.

Link

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Far left people getting visited by the police because of their speech.

Well this is what happens when you guys keep eroding free speech and are too dumb to realize that not only the right will be effected by it.

Would be curious to know what the tweet was though. Could not find in the article.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Always record the police.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Far left people getting visited by the police because of their speech.

Well this is what happens when you guys keep eroding free speech and are too dumb to realize that not only the right will be effected by it.

Would be curious to know what the tweet was though. Could not find in the article.

It wasn't a tweet it was a comment on his podcast.  He said that her response to a question about relations between Israel and Palestine was underwhelming.  I'm thinking that in order for the Capital Police to act on something like this a complaint had to have been issued from her office.  I don't think for a second that Cortez herself did it or initiated it but she should look into it and discipline  the guilty person.

• Like 2

A few more facts would be nice to make sure this is not just anger bait.  AOC gets criticized all the time across all media as do many other  left and right politicians.   What you can't do is threaten violence against other people.  That exceeds free speech rights.   Did he do more than his side of the story is reporting?  

28 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It wasn't a tweet it was a comment on his podcast.  He said that her response to a question about relations between Israel and Palestine was underwhelming.  I'm thinking that in order for the Capital Police to act on something like this a complaint had to have been issued from her office.  I don't think for a second that Cortez herself did it or initiated it but she should look into it and discipline  the guilty person.

It was a tweet made of a livestream. From the podcast discussing the tweet, starting about 1:45 in... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rashore said:

It was a tweet made of a livestream. From the podcast discussing the tweet, starting about 1:45 in... 

Thanks.

That tweet is literally nonething lol. Calling something underwhelming is a death threat :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Thanks.

That tweet is literally nonething lol. Calling something underwhelming is a death threat :lol:

Right? I'm listening to the whole podcast. There's a lot of what the guy thinks about Palestine and AOC peppered into it. But it does sound like his commentary was pretty harmless. And also that AOC didn't know about it. So I do have to wonder who/why the call to the police was done, if it was just somebody mad at him. People do sometimes call the cops like that on folks, even before the digital age. 

• Like 4

Listening to his description, as soon as the police got to the part about making a death threat I would have laughed and said come back with a warrant or **** off.  Then as I walked away I would have mumbled something to the effect of "give them a badge and they think they're adolph bloody hitler" under my breath.

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Right? I'm listening to the whole podcast. There's a lot of what the guy thinks about Palestine and AOC peppered into it. But it does sound like his commentary was pretty harmless. And also that AOC didn't know about it. So I do have to wonder who/why the call to the police was done, if it was just somebody mad at him. People do sometimes call the cops like that on folks, even before the digital age. 

I think it pretty much would have had to originated from OAC's office.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think it pretty much would have had to originated from OAC's office.

Maybe from someone in her office, but by how things are reading she didn't know about it. But it didn't have to originate directly from her office.

Poking around a bit on this one was an interesting snippet from FOX. 

The Capitol Police confirmed to Fox News that the Ocasio-Cortez did not flag any tweets from @queeralamode as threatening and police started this investigation as part of its regular effort to monitor threats.  

"USCP investigates all threats that are reported by Congressional offices. The Department also monitors open and classified sources to identify and investigate threats," the Capitol Police said in a statement to Fox News. "This is standard operating procedure for the Department. As it pertains to this incident, the Congresswomen did not request that USCP initiate an investigation."

Capitol police official further clarified that the podcaster came on their radar not for the tweet on Ocasio-Cortez's Israel policy or anything else that he wrote. Rather, the Californian was tagged in a tweet authored by another user that was deemed threatening.

"They were tagged in a tweet that was perceived as threatening that prompted us to look into this," the United States Capitol Police official told Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-threat-podcast-host-capitol-police-visit-twitter

Maybe this is a bad case of the telephone game- Capitol started off with checking someone else, guy got flagged, and by the time it translated down to the officers that went to the house they had guy made threats in their heads. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

This is unbelievable. Could it be that they will try to use insurgency as an excuse to violate our rights?  

Cortez denies initiating the police visit.

Link

Is this from the onion?  There is no way this is real.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rashore said:

People do sometimes call the cops like that on folks, even before the digital age. 

Yeah, and occasionally it gets the person SWATTED and killed.  Imagine that kind of power once Red Flag laws become common.

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Maybe from someone in her office, but by how things are reading she didn't know about it. But it didn't have to originate directly from her office.

Poking around a bit on this one was an interesting snippet from FOX. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-threat-podcast-host-capitol-police-visit-twitter

Maybe this is a bad case of the telephone game- Capitol started off with checking someone else, guy got flagged, and by the time it translated down to the officers that went to the house they had guy made threats in their heads. 

But they didn't look into it very well or they would have started by reading the tweet not asking CHP to go harass an innocent citizen.  

• Like 2