Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
the13bats

Texas open carry no permit bill

96 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

the13bats

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-handgun-law-passes-house-open-carry-without-permit/

This must be posted already even though i didnt see it,

If passed just imagine how many gun lovers will relocate to the lone star state. im sure there is a down side to that which evades me at the moment.

Will this help or hurt with the rise in looney shootings going on?

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then

IIRC, Alabama already follows that law.  One only needs a permit to CONCEAL a gun.  It's relatively rare to see anyone walking around strapped in the open.  It's an invitation to be the first shot if some nutter is going to go out in a blaze.  That said, these nutters usually have a penchant for gunning people down in places where they KNOW others aren't allowed to have weapons.  I know, crazy, eh?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

So and then, tell me your opinion, please try not to go political slant how do we cut down on these shootings, i thought mental screenings for gun buyers but deeper thinking i doubt if loons care if their guns are legal.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
57 minutes ago, the13bats said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-handgun-law-passes-house-open-carry-without-permit/

This must be posted already even though i didnt see it,

If passed just imagine how many gun lovers will relocate to the lone star state. im sure there is a down side to that which evades me at the moment.

Will this help or hurt with the rise in looney shootings going on?

 

 

Ya, this won't end well. 

"im sure there is a down side to that which evades me at the moment."  :rolleyes::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, and then said:

IIRC, Alabama already follows that law.  One only needs a permit to CONCEAL a gun.  It's relatively rare to see anyone walking around strapped in the open.  It's an invitation to be the first shot if some nutter is going to go out in a blaze.  That said, these nutters usually have a penchant for gunning people down in places where they KNOW others aren't allowed to have weapons.  I know, crazy, eh?

Tell me how you feel about the removal of training, and licensing. Funny how you pidgeon hole the "nutters" when that's mostly what Texan's are. Talk about a complete lack of responsibility. Can you say pandering to the nutters by said nutters?

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

So and then, tell me your opinion, please try not to go political slant how do we cut down on these shootings, i thought mental screenings for gun buyers but deeper thinking i doubt if loons care if their guns are legal.

I have no "solutions" that would keep crazy or evil people from using guns to kill strangers.  The thing is, I have no OBLIGATION to justify exercising my RIGHT to keep and bear arms.  I realize this may be a concept those on the Left struggle with but I am in no way responsible for the actions of others nor will I give up my rights because of the actions of others.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
7 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Tell me how you feel about the removal of training, and licensing.

I have no issues with people voluntarily training in an effort to be safer.  As for "licensing" no, hell no.  It isn't the business of any government to dictate my actions in defense of my rights.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
2 minutes ago, and then said:

I have no "solutions" that would keep crazy or evil people from using guns to kill strangers.  The thing is, I have no OBLIGATION to justify exercising my RIGHT to keep and bear arms.  I realize this may be a concept those on the Left struggle with but I am in no way responsible for the actions of others nor will I give up my rights because of the actions of others.

You will eventually. Just a matter of time. As soon as your state goes blue. Which isn't going to take long the way you "nutters" are going.

Bolded mine.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
8 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Tell me how you feel about the removal of training, and licensing.

Hi Hank

I always thought everyone should learn to be proficient with a firearm. Personally I have never kept a firearm as a civilian because I don't feel like killing anyone abut do carry a blade at all times. I think if everyone knew how to use a firearm then maybe less people would think about pulling one.

jmccr8

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hank

I always thought everyone should learn to be proficient with a firearm. Personally I have never kept a firearm as a civilian because I don't feel like killing anyone abut do carry a blade at all times. I think if everyone knew how to use a firearm then maybe less people would think about pulling one.

jmccr8

In reality if you carry concealed the only time you should every show anyone or pull your weapon is when your going to shoot someone. When you shoot someone, you must shoot to kill and can't do it like you said above you also shouldn't carry concealed. So I completely agree your thoughts on this subject, and I wish more people would consider what you have said above because your comments are very wise!:tu:

Take Care Jm.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
33 minutes ago, and then said:

I have no "solutions" that would keep crazy or evil people from using guns to kill strangers.  The thing is, I have no OBLIGATION to justify exercising my RIGHT to keep and bear arms.  I realize this may be a concept those on the Left struggle with but I am in no way responsible for the actions of others nor will I give up my rights because of the actions of others.

You just couldnt leave the politic slants off it, very sad you are so unhinged in that way.

31 minutes ago, and then said:

I have no issues with people voluntarily training in an effort to be safer.  As for "licensing" no, hell no.  It isn't the business of any government to dictate my actions in defense of my rights.  

And deeper you go in making yourself sound just a bit radical and "off" .

But then i read...

30 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You will eventually. Just a matter of time. As soon as your state goes blue. Which isn't going to take long the way you "nutters" are going.

Bolded mine.

;)

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hank

I always thought everyone should learn to be proficient with a firearm. Personally I have never kept a firearm as a civilian because I don't feel like killing anyone abut do carry a blade at all times. I think if everyone knew how to use a firearm then maybe less people would think about pulling one.

jmccr8

I carry blades also. Every pack I own has a knife in it it too. The one in my Jeep has a belt cutter, and a window breaker. I also have an 18" heart tickler for bears, when walking the woods. Better to have it, and not need it, than need it, and not have it. As for guns, I still have, and use the same 1944 British .303 bolt action rifle my father gave me when I was twelve. Still drives tacks at 100 meters. Even if someone broke into my house, I wouldn't use it on them. I'd rather die myself, than kill someone else over mere possessions. That's just me though. My Husky, and Ridgeback on the other hand...:devil:

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gunn
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Tell me how you feel about the removal of training, and licensing. Funny how you pidgeon hole the "nutters" when that's mostly what Texan's are. Talk about a complete lack of responsibility. Can you say pandering to the nutters by said nutters?

Either way it doesn't stop mass killings, Hank.

 

Sorry misread your post.

Edited by Gunn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

"In recent years, more states are making open carry legal. The argument in favor of open carry is that criminals usually hide their weapons, while law-abiding citizens should not be forced to conceal their weapons."

That argument is flawed. What we've seen is a propensity to settle arguments with them. Instant shootout, just add alcohol. Plus the statement, " I shot em because he was a reachin fer somethin. I was a fearin fer ma life." Then there's one's that carry assault rifles in Walmart. They have got to be the biggest cowards on the planet.

Edited by Hankenhunter
I'm punctuationally challenged today.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
8 minutes ago, Gunn said:

Either way it doesn't stop mass killings, Hank.

 

Sorry misread your post.

You're right. That's a job for the Mark 5 kill all assault rifle, bump stock, and armour piercing bullets. Don't get me started, or wound up on that one. Different thread?

Bolded mine.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gunn
1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

You're right. That's a job for the Mark 5 kill all assault rifle, bump stock, and armour piercing bullets. Don't get me started, or wound up on that one. Different thread?

Bolded mine.

Or serial killers that don't mostly use guns to kill (grisly murders) loads of people if not more than shooters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle

Georgia and Texas are already purple because people are fleeing California and New York in droves. Must not be too bad down here with less crime.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Gunn said:

Or serial killers that don't mostly use guns to kill (grisly murders) loads of people if not more than shooters.

That's the cops job. The amount of serial killers killed by civilians, is negligible to say the least. Not a valid reason for all the gats.  More prone to killing each other, or kids accidentally shooting another kid with poorly stored hand guns than anything else.

    Ya I know, that's the price you pay get havin yer freedums. Gotta water that tree of liberty somehow.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Georgia and Texas are already purple because people are fleeing California and New York in droves. Must not be too bad down here with less crime.

You've been talking to, and then, again haven't you? 

Edited by Hankenhunter
Autocorrect hates me.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

You've been talking to, and then, again haven't you? 

No...I've been watching the political statistics.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gunn
2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

That's the cops job. The amount of serial killers killed by civilians, is negligible to say the least. Not a valid reason for all the gats.  More prone to killing each other, or kids accidentally shooting another kid with poorly stored hand guns than anything else. 

Yet many serial killers have proved you don't a need a gun to kill a lot of people on a mass scale. And supposedly that's the gist of gun control measures, to stop mass killings. Or is it?

Quote

Ya I know, that's the price you pay get havin  yer freedums. Gotta water that tree of liberty somehow.

Moot point. See above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
28 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

"In recent years, more states are making open carry legal. The argument in favor of open carry is that criminals usually hide their weapons, while law-abiding citizens should not be forced to conceal their weapons."

That argument is flawed. What we've seen is a propensity to settle arguments with them. Instant shootout, just add alcohol. Plus the statement, " I shot em because he was a reachin fer somethin. I was a fearin fer ma life." Then there's one's that carry assault rifles in Walmart. They have got to be the biggest cowards on the planet.

I haven't seen stats that support your claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
22 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

You will eventually. Just a matter of time. As soon as your state goes blue. Which isn't going to take long the way you "nutters" are going.

Bolded mine.

I must agree agree completely with you. While I am a supporter of 2A, and I carry concealed whenever I am in the United States, I realize that something must be done to protect our citizens from these crazy idiots that are shooting people Nationwide. I believe that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one or the few. So whatever decision is made I must support it. In good conscience. I think a balance of Gun regulations can be made that will not take Guns out of Law Biding citizens hands. In my opinion there must be safe guards that are imposed upon weapon types, and weapon calibers I also think that when someone attempts to make a Gun purchase ANYWHERE they also must give up their rights to keep their medical records private and UN - accessible. As we speak this being discussed in Washington DC, and I expect that it will become Federal Law, because that is the only way to insure that someone with mental problems will not be able to purchase a gun.

I also believe that in consideration of this that there should be no retroactive date. I think all federal Gun ownership records on hand concerning guns that people already own must be re-evaluate and if it is found that the person lied about their mental condition their fire arms should be confiscated. What I find very interesting about the 2nd Amendment is that most people who make the most noise about their rights being violated don't know and have not fully read this Amendment. Because 2nd Amendment actually do to case law that was decided in the Supreme Court does say that Americans are given the right to bear arms, any longer. However, the Supreme Court ruling has not been enforced yet, but with everything occurring, I can see that point of Law being enforced to some extent in the vary near future.

Here is the Supreme Court Ruling .I am talking about:

 In United States v. Cruikshank (1876), the Supreme Court ruled that, "The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence.

Take Care my Brother.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
14 minutes ago, Gunn said:

Or serial killers that don't mostly use guns to kill (grisly murders) loads of people if not more than shooters.

You neglected all the people who get shot knocking on someone's door. "Ah was afeared fer ma life." You know, the kid, or guy knocking to ask directions? Although one benefit is those pesky door to door salesmen don't show up anymore. Sucks to be a parcel delivery service person though. But then he's probably packin also, so hooray? Shooting war anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.