Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas open carry no permit bill

the13bats

6 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Now you're being facetious. I went to go collect statistics for you guys but saw so many, I got a big sad on. Screw this. Go suck the energy out of some other poor fool. The disingenuous bull**** in here is starting to get cloying. It's like arguing politics with and then, and Michelle. It's never enough for you us it? You win, I lose, have a nice night.

3 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Good night. I'm done trying to make sense to senseless people. Enjoy your gats. While I enjoy my evening without the sounds of firearms in the background.

Well goddamn, Hank. Don't go away all mad and shitz. I know the truth of what we tell you hurts, but go meditate or something. Take it easy man.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

At first they thought is was an animal, but once they compared the teeth marks there is doubt it was a normal human. Like I said the real weird part is that he just disappeared. You see most if the people he prayed upon where bums or other homeless individuals. He would catch one and take them to a location where he could eat them. But, one day the killing just stopped, and there were never an similar cases reported, I mean the dudes method was pretty unique.

Think he just died or maybe was put in prison for a different crime. But if that was the case, he would have been biting people there also. I mean a wack job like that mostly could not control his impulses.:yes:

Take Care Dude.

Ewwww.:blink:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, susieice said:

Hank, I'm sorry to tell you, but she's right. A lot of people are fleeing because of the crime and violence and red or blue doesn't matter. We have a lot of New Yorkers who have settled in our area. There's a mass exodus leaving cities and going into more suburban and rural areas.

A lot of people are fleeing from the police also. Do you really think they'll be safer in Texas? I understand what she's saying, but Sheesh, a little critical thinking would go a long way. All the people fleeing will just be bringing it with them when the crooks follow them.  Fear begets more fear. That's the problem.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

A lot of people are fleeing from the police also. Do you really think they'll be safer in Texas? I understand what she's saying, but Sheesh, a little critical thinking would go a long way. All the people fleeing will just be bringing it with them when the crooks follow them.  Fear begets more fear. That's the problem.

I don't think people are fleeing from police so much. They aren't fleeing from legal gun owners who respect the law. The criminals on the streets don't care about any laws, so they don't matter. They also have about 40 times the firepower of your local rod and gun club. They are taking more and more ownership of the cities. A lot of the cities have already boarded up because the Chauvin verdict will come in by next week. Philadelphia has already requested assistance from the Governor for the National Guard, which I thought from last year was a big no-no. They aren't doing that to protect themselves from people like Michelle or and then.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

I don't think people are fleeing from police so much. They aren't fleeing from legal gun owners who respect the law. The criminals on the streets don't care about any laws, so they don't matter. They also have about 40 times the firepower of your local rod and gun club. They are taking more and more ownership of the cities. A lot of the cities have already boarded up because the Chauvin verdict will come in by next week. Philadelphia has already requested assistance from the Governor for the National Guard, which I thought from last year was a big no-no. They aren't doing that to protect themselves from people like Michelle or and then.

Yep, it is the criminals that people are fleeing from.  I live in a small rural city where probably half of the families own guns.   No-one is leaving.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, susieice said:

Agree, but the criminals will still follow. They always do. Besides, how are all the towns folk going to react to the big inflow of city slickers that are perceived as a takin ther jerbs? Yes, SouthPark went there  Fear begets fear. It's a never ending, self fulfilling, self fueling nightmare. Has anyone actually tried peace? It used to work pretty well once upon a time.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yep, it is the criminals that people are fleeing from.  I live in a small rural city where probably half of the families own guns.   No-one is leaving.  

No one smiles, or says hello to strangers either or each other for that matter. Being holed up, is also not leaving. An armed society us a twitchy society. It's why most Canadians are so laid back. We're happy not being scared, and unhappy.

Edit to add. Has anyone checked to see how many immigrant applications Canada has gotten in the last four months from the U.S? I found out where all those people want to go. Any guesses? :blink:

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The part you originally quoted about the second amendment not applying to individuals was overturned.

All of the bill of rights applies to individual citizens. 

I was unable to find where that was overturned, could you supply a link please?

5 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Agree, but the criminals will still follow. They always do. Besides, how are all the towns folk going to react to the big inflow of city slickers that are perceived as a takin ther jerbs? Yes, SouthPark went there  Fear begets fear. It's a never ending, self fulfilling, self fueling nightmare. Has anyone actually tried peace? It used to work pretty well once upon a time.

10 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

No one smiles, or says hello to strangers either or each other for that matter.

OMG you have no idea what you are talking about. The first sign of a tourist, or a Yankee, is that they don't wave and smile at everyone that passes by. :rolleyes:

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

For one, there are regular bus lines that take commuters to and from NYC every morning and night. Some drive the two hours it takes to get there and then another two hours back. A lot of people who are from the area have jobs in NYC and commute. People commute to NYC everyday from as far as Connecticut and Delaware. There's regularly scheduled train routes too. They don't take our jobs and now the pandemic has shown many of them that they don't need to commute to work to work where they do. Work at home and zoom calls. I understand a lot of the people who work in the big tech companies in Seattle have figured this out too. Some commute to Philly everyday for work too.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, susieice said:

I'm perfectly happy where I am. Pardon me if I don't read your links. My trip down firearms statistics lane bummed me out. Add yours to it, and I might take up drinking. Better yet, let's have some peace, and love for seven minutes, and change.

Ahhh, that's better.:yes:

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm perfectly happy where I am. Pardon me if I don't read your links. My trip down firearms statistics lane bummed be out. Add yours to it, and I might take up drinking. Better yet, let's have some peace, and love for seven minutes, and change.

I agree Hank. We don't have many shootings where I am. If we do, it's 95% drug related. No lootings anywhere in this area. I simply stopped going to the cities a while ago. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

I agree Hank. We don't have many shootings where I am. If we do, it's 95% drug related. No lootings anywhere in this area. I simply stopped going to the cities a while ago. 

Shhhh. Watch the vid. I guarantee you'll feel better. For a little while anyway. If that don't give you the love shivers...

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, susieice said:

For one, there are regular bus lines that take commuters to and from NYC every morning and night. Some drive the two hours it takes to get there and then another two hours back. A lot of people who are from the area have jobs in NYC and commute. People commute to NYC everyday from as far as Connecticut and Delaware. There's regularly scheduled train routes too. They don't take our jobs and now the pandemic has shown many of them that they don't need to commute to work to work where they do. Work at home and zoom calls. I understand a lot of the people who work in the big tech companies in Seattle have figured this out too. Some commute to Philly everyday for work too.

I truly hope it works. Check out how many US citizens have applied to move to Canada in the last four months. I know where a lot if these people are moving to, or want to anyway. Welcomed with open arms if I have any say in it. Just leave the guns behind, thankyouverymuch. Republicans need not apply. We have our own crazy here.

Edited by Hankenhunter

18 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

I truly hope it works. Check out how many US citizens have applied to move to Canada in the last four months. I know where a lot if these people are moving to, or want to anyway. Welcomed with open arms if I have any say in it. Just leave the guns behind, thankyouverymuch. Republicans need not apply. We have our own crazy here.

This isn't the first time New Yorkers have moved here. They've been coming for a few decades now but there's more coming as NYC gets worse.

Not all Republicans are crazy Hank. Not all Democrats are either. Extremism doesn't make anyone look good. I guess not all Canadians are sane either. 

I've thought about Canada a few times. I don't have any guns but  I know how to hunt and use one. I haven't done that in years though. Ever since I went into New Brunswick, I fell in love with the area. Nova Scotia is just beautiful. I think I could be happy in Halifax.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Shhhh. Watch the vid. I guarantee you'll feel better. For a little while anyway. If that don't give you the love shivers...

Ty hank i just learned the BMG is what The Residents would be if The Residents became really weird and commercial.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, susieice said:

This isn't the first time New Yorkers have moved here. They've been coming for a few decades now but there's more coming as NYC gets worse.

Not all Republicans are crazy Hank. Not all Democrats are either. Extremism doesn't make anyone look good. I guess not all Canadians are sane either. 

I've thought about Canada a few times. I don't have any guns but  I know how to hunt and use one. I haven't done that in years though. Ever since I went into New Brunswick, I fell in love with the area. Nova Scotia is just beautiful. I think I could be happy in Halifax.

We'd love to have you.:clap: Your personal philosophy is great. Nova Scotia would be well served. You'd be an asset.

Unfortunately, as long as the nutjob self serving polititions have the ear of uneducated, or just plain like minded greedy people, nothing is going to change my mind. The Democratic party isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's it's still a heck of a lot better than the previous embarrassment of a party. My heart cries out over what the US is facing. Now, and in the future.

Btw, did the vid help at all? Helped me.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

We'd love to have you.:clap: Your personal philosophy is great. Nova Scotia would be well served. You'd be an asset.

Unfortunately, as long as the nutjob self serving polititions have the ear of uneducated, or just plain like minded greedy people, nothing is going to change my mind. The Democratic party isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's it's still a heck of a lot better than the previous embarrassment of a party. My heart cries out over what the US is facing. Now, and in the future.

Btw, did the vid help at all? Helped me.

Thanks Hank. And I did enjoy the video. That light show is awesome and energizing.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gunn said:

Either way it doesn't stop mass killings, Hank.

To stop senseless mass killings, you need to detour senseless people.  Mental health 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Michelle said:

Georgia and Texas are already purple because people are fleeing California and New York in droves. Must not be too bad down here with less crime.

Less of the crime that afflicts inner cities, but still drug traffic, violence, and  anger, spur of the moment violence.

Edited by Tatetopa
spelling
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

I have no "solutions" that would keep crazy or evil people from using guns to kill strangers.  The thing is, I have no OBLIGATION to justify exercising my RIGHT to keep and bear arms.  I realize this may be a concept those on the Left struggle with but I am in no way responsible for the actions of others nor will I give up my rights because of the actions of others.

Well, I've read it and read it,  I can't deny the truth of your concept.  It this country, at this time, you can exercise your right to bear arms.   It may not be  true across the world, it has not always been true through history, but now, here, in  America, until we decline it is all that is required for this world.  

It is a basis but not completeness for human freedoms and personality. From there, one can become a psychopath or an empathetic and contributing member of community.  I suppose you could become a savior and take up the responsibility for others, but who would want to go that far?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I haven't seen stats that support your claim.

He has none.  He just enjoys looking down the nose at people he thinks of as inferior, intellectually.  My guess is he's the most polite person you'd ever meet if he found himself among a crowd of those "inferiors"  ;)   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

It is a basis but not completeness for human freedoms and personality.

Nor was that ever the intent.  The Founders put on parchment the belief that all human beings had an unalienable right to being able to live free and to defend their lives.  PERIOD, FULL STOP.

How people choose to live their lives is a separate issue and no one has a right to impose their worldview on others without their consent.  Those on the Left have decided they WILL impose those beliefs and millions of us have decided to resist them.

"WE WILL NOT COMPLY"

"WE WILL NOT BE DISARMED"

Where you live, the rest of us may appear to be ignorant savages.  Where I live, your fellow citizens seem like they believe they are better "educated", more "civilized" and that somehow that imbues them with rights to compel others to their will.  Tat, you can trust me on this one... short of sending in troops, average Americans in Red States will never be forced to disarm.  DC knows this and also knows that troops would mutiny over such orders.  If DC pushes this far enough there will be a secessionist movement.  I think maybe it SHOULD begin now.  There is no common ground any longer when one party thinks it can impose its will on all.