Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists may detect signs of ET in the next 5 to 10 years

Eldorado

Phillips calculated that when the James Webb Space Telescope launches this October, it could feasibly detect ammonia around six gas dwarf planets after just a few orbits.

She and her team modeled how JWST instruments would respond to varying clouds and atmospheric conditions, then produced a ranked list of where the telescope should search for life.

"Humankind has contemplated the questions, 'Are we alone? What is life? Is life elsewhere similar to us?'" said Phillips. "My research suggests that for the first time, we have the scientific knowledge and technological capabilities to realistically begin to find the answers to these questions."

EurekAlert

• Like 5

I wish they would hurry up, I detected these guys years ago outside my window.   :tsu:  hi guys.

• Haha 2

I said we would probably detect life through powerful telescopes a few years back and got mocked and ridiculed within that thread. Seeing signs of life seems more practical than waiting for a signal that never comes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

When they do find them, are they going to photograph them with something better than the 1995 flip phone used to photograph all the previous ones? 

• Haha 3

On 4/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, jethrofloyd said:

They better use 'UFO detector'.:lol:

news-ufo-detector.jpg

Tell the truth - how much did you pay for that?

• Haha 2

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw "scientists may detect alien life in 5 - 10 years" 5 - 10 years from now, and so on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2021 at 11:05 PM, Nuclear Wessel said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw "scientists may detect alien life in 5 - 10 years" 5 - 10 years from now, and so on.

Basically I think theyre saying "We could detect alien life today, tomorrow, next 10 years or anytime at all, we dont know".

Pretty hard to predict detecting something which may not be there. 

ET uses stealth cloak...!!

On 4/23/2021 at 11:05 PM, Nuclear Wessel said:

Yep, whatever keeps the funds rolling in.