Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

A dad who loves his office job has raised eyebrows by naming his son 'Department Of Statistical Communication'.

Slamet 'Yoga' Wahyudi, 38, who hails from the regency of Brebes in the Indonesian province of Central Java, had agreed with his then-pregnant wife that if she gave birth to a son, he would be allowed to choose the newborn's name.

When the couple's baby boy was born in December last year, the civil servant decided to pay tribute to his beloved workplace by naming him 'Dinas Komunikasi Informatika Statistik' ('Department of Statistical Communication').

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/father-names-his-newborn-son-department-of-statistical-communication/ar-BB1fzzYA?

• Haha 6

• The title was changed to Father names his newborn son 'Department Of Statistical Communication'
  • 2 weeks later...

Where I live, there was a father at the registration office who was so drunk when he registered his son's name that he mixed up the child's name with the building estate he lived in.  The child was forever more known as Humphrey from Humphrey's Estate.

• Haha 2

Little Offie.

If I had been born a century earlier, god knows what my name would be. :unsure2:

Isaac Tongue was born c.1812.

He would re-christen children after their religious baptism, but with a nickname instead of their given name, and they were usually known by their nickname.

https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/issac-tongue-junction.14255/

'Statistical Information Communication Office'  Shouldn't they have named him SICO instead of DINKO? SICO is probably his Dad's name.