Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How does America's gun violence cycle end?

Grim Reaper 6

6 minutes ago, ethereal_scout said:

Convinced the mental health angle is simply a smoke screen.

Really why?

Do you think that normal people just have a bad day and decide to execute their neighbors?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ethereal_scout said:

are you trying to work out why people shoot people?

No I am certain I already know why people go off on a tangent and commit mass murder and like I said it is not because they are normal. To commit these crimes a person would have to be very very high and suffer a "psychotic break" or they are suffering from some other form of mental illness, like PTSD could also account for those actions.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 10:31 AM, Dreamer screamer said:

You don't.  You keep all guns and only when people learn to live in peace then the guns remain in their holsters.   Without guns there will be no peace.  Dangerous governments take away guns.  Peaceful goverments let people have guns.

Wrong. Specifically in the US. My friends, you are a people full of fear. You live in fear of everything. You claim you are "free" but you are the most closed Country. Otherwise you would not need guns. Only free citizens do not need guns. You are also a country with the most cowards. Only cowards need a gun because they cannot handle a good old fistfight.

I don't say that because I hate, on the contrary, I really like America and that is a well meaning constructive critisizm. 

Get rid off the guns, train your police forces properly, pay them above avareage, fire them on spot for misconduct, lock people up for real crimes, no matter of background, and not for a pitty crime, get rid off for profitt private prisons...and you will be truly free.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, odas said:

Only cowards need a gun because they cannot handle a good old fistfight.

Yeah, survival of the fittest and all that.

People deserve to die for being weaker. Elderly people, woman, disabled people's, small men, pshhh. Should of been stronger.

An IT guy, meh, it's your fault for not taking UFC classes. 

Heaven forbid you're outnumbered. 

Very civilized. Truly the enlightened viewpoint. 

Get rid off the guns, train your police forces properly, pay them above avareage, fire them on spot for misconduct, lock people up for real crimes, no matter of background, and not for a pitty crime, get rid off for profitt private prisons...and you will be truly free.

Police forces in metropolitan areas are paid above average. Six digit salaries, not counting holiday pay and overtime. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, odas said:

Wrong. Specifically in the US. My friends, you are a people full of fear. You live in fear of everything. You claim you are "free" but you are the most closed Country. Otherwise you would not need guns. Only free citizens do not need guns. You are also a country with the most cowards. Only cowards need a gun because they cannot handle a good old fistfight.

I don't say that because I hate, on the contrary, I really like America and that is a well meaning constructive critisizm. 

The criminals will not turn in their guns and they will have access to guns.   I want to keep my guns.   I don't carry.  I keep them in my safe.  I shoot them a few times a year.  Maybe today because there are a couple chicken hawks scoping out my chickens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

People deserve to die for being weaker. Elderly people, woman, disabled people's, small men, pshhh. Should of been stronger.

People who are weak, elderly people, disabled..need to be taken care of. The money that is spent on guns should go instead to propper healthcare, financial support, education...and then the IT guy does not need to take UFC classes because there would not be a need for it.

Appart from some third world countries, where else in the civilized world do you have a need for citizens having guns? 

Education my friend is the only weapon a free man really needs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

The criminals will not turn in their guns and they will have access to guns.   I want to keep my guns.   I don't carry.  I keep them in my safe.  I shoot them a few times a year.  Maybe today because there are a couple chicken hawks scoping out my chickens.

I understand that. But your ideology, the concept of 2A stands in the way of cracking down on criminals and illegal weapons. The police should be focused to take down real criminals and not having to deal with all kinds of unnecessary 911 calls because the pizza guy is late 1 minute.

Everywhere are criminals. Shooting happen everywhere. But, it is proven that countries with tighter gunlaws have the least amount of shootings. 

I am ex military, war vet. And I hate guns. I am a Judoka black belt but I am carefull not to pi$$ people off and incite violence. No need for that. I have rights, but I also have obligations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Really why?

Do you think that normal people just have a bad day and decide to execute their neighbors?

I think he's trying to flame bait, Manwon, be wary of that one.

18 minutes ago, odas said:

I understand that. But your ideology, the concept of 2A stands in the way of cracking down on criminals and illegal weapons. The police should be focused to take down real criminals and not having to deal with all kinds of unnecessary 911 calls because the pizza guy is late 1 minute.

Everywhere are criminals. Shooting happen everywhere. But, it is proven that countries with tighter gunlaws have the least amount of shootings.

But not the least amount of murders committed by people in general. Well at least they don't die from lead poisoning, right?

I am ex military, war vet. And I hate guns.

:rolleyes: Ah hell, no wonder, well that explains your condescending attitude towards us so far. Wish you had mentioned that before.

I am a Judoka black belt but I am carefull not to pi$$ people off and incite violence. No need for that. I have rights, but I also have obligations. 

Dude! OMG! Dude! I need you to get down here and kick some grizzly bear ass! And I got a bunch of wild boars I need you to chase down and exterminate with your bare hands. I'm sure you can do all that with your bare hands, because you don't need no stinkin' gun, right?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, odas said:

People who are weak, elderly people, disabled..need to be taken care of. The money that is spent on guns should go instead to propper healthcare, financial support, education...and then the IT guy does not need to take UFC classes because there would not be a need for it.

Appart from some third world countries, where else in the civilized world do you have a need for citizens having guns? 

Education my friend is the only weapon a free man really needs.

How much do you think a one-time purchase of a firearm cost :lol: lol

I spent like $350 on a pistol 3 years ago.  

I'm also confused by what you're saying. Like it's not the government buying guns for citizens. It's civilian money. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

On 4/18/2021 at 12:17 AM, Dreamer screamer said:

The right to keep and bear arms (often referred to as the right to bear arms) is a right for people to possess weapons (arms) for their own defense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_keep_and_bear_arms

The Communists are the only ones that want this changed, can't think why though.:whistle:

Are you seriously saying that anyone who doesn't agree with you that changes are needed is Communist, what have you done for America and the American people during your life???

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 1:46 AM, and then said:

That isn't exactly accurate.  In reality, people have to jump through hoops, hire lawyers and usually spend as much or more than buying new guns would cost.  Those laws also effectively remove, summarily, most of that person's rights without any kind of proof.  ALL of that is done because someone picked up a phone or sent a text or email accusing another person of being unstable.  

Anyone who supports those abominations should remember that one day that knock on the door could be for THEM.  

Doodly-Squat!!:yes:

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 1:48 AM, and then said:

Can you please define what an "automatic weapon" is?

1. An automatic firearm is a firearm that continuously chambers and fires rounds when the trigger mechanism is actuated. ... Automatic firearms are further defined by the type of cycling principles used, such as recoil operation, blowback, blow-forward or gas operation.:)
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 2:05 AM, Gunn said:

Man, well I guess all those people that shot themselves in the end or died by cop were really politically motivated huh? Yeah that there is some strong communist motivation. Yeah that makes total sense.

But the thing is, And Then, if an individual goes making terroristic threats it's all the proof they really need. How do authorities know if an individual is not going to follow through with their threats? Are they serious or are they joking? So maybe it would be a good idea for people to not make terroristic threats, that way, they wouldn't haven't to worry about getting arrested and their guns confiscated.

Great post my friend, and exactly to the point. It's amazing how simple things are when you just give them a little though, without any  political considerations to cloud your thoughts.:tu:

Thanks again that was very refreshing to hear!!

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 4:27 AM, and then said:

I agree, completely.  But let's be realistic, shall we?  I've been on this site for a few years and I have NEVER, EVER threatened anyone.  I have OFTEN been referred to as "threatening violence" and other such libels.  I think you'll find that once these laws are in place, especially if it's at the Federal level, people who enforce them will take a huge amount of license in "interpreting" what people "really meant" with otherwise non-threatening language.  

Look at what is being done to the people who protested at the Capitol.  No... there will be no equity or rationality attached to these laws.  They will be used to take down people whose greatest sin is to call out the Left for their crimes, publicly.  The media will cheer it on and at some point, the people being singled out in such a way will have enough and fight back.  

If a family or other concerned acquaintances report behavior that can be PROVEN to be mental illness THEN taking away that person's weapons would be justified.  Doing so on an accusation alone is unacceptable and will and SHOULD be fought.  

Wow, you are seriously kidding, you have never threatened anyone??:w00t: You have threatened your political opponents including members of our Government. In addition you support the Criminals who broke into and vandalized our Nations Capital, who in all actuality are for the most part a bunch of mentally ill Zombies chanting Trump!!!! Trump!!!! You are actually funny :lol: watch the new season of the walking dead, they actually have a scene where the zombies attack at the Captial, it looks pretty good!!:tu:

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Gunn said:

I think he's trying to flame bait, Manwon, be wary of that one.

But not the least amount of murders committed by people in general. Well at least they don't die from lead poisoning, right?

:rolleyes: Ah hell, no wonder, well that explains your condescending attitude towards us so far. Wish you had mentioned that before.

Dude! OMG! Dude! I need you to get down here and kick some grizzly bear ass! And I got a bunch of wild boars I need you to chase down and exterminate with your bare hands. I'm sure you can do all that with your bare hands, because you don't need no stinkin' gun, right?

Thanks for concern about the flame baiting,  but I am not worried because I am German and we have Vays to deal with fishermen who have won awards for Master Baiting!!:lol:

Peace my brother,

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Are you seriously saying that anyone who doesn't agree with you that changes are needed is Communist, what have you done for America and the American people during your life???

If you replace "communist" with "boogeyman" you might begin to get some insight into what he is on about. Remember he labels all other governments as "corporations".

He is a malcontent freeman on the land.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

If you replace "communist" with "boogeyman" you might begin to get some insight into what he is on about. Remember he labels all other governments as "corporations".

He is a malcontent freeman on the land.

Thanks I have never seen that way, but I must say it makes a great deal of sense!:lol:

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 10:53 AM, Manwon Lender said:

I am uncertain why they begin all over again,.But until the United States realizes that the main issue is a mental health it will never end. 

Take care.

Thats the right path,

Most mass shooters are not the laughable Yosemite sams having toddler stomp tantrums about the ebil gubmint are trying to but arent taking their guns. They just add fuel to anti gunners who want to claim all gun owners are nutters, those sam types do give much ammunition no pun intended to the anti gunners they need to see that.

We need the more down to earth grounded level headed gun lovers to realize that they too need to appear to give a little too.

a background check for mental issues and criminal records and mandatory safety classes as too many times those tragic stories of a child dying or shooting someone was due to one of those sams being incompetent with their gun.

Will this solve America's gun mess? No, but it would save lives so its well  worth a few sams getting nicker knots, its a start.

On 4/18/2021 at 12:31 AM, Dreamer screamer said:

You don't.  You keep all guns and only when people learn to live in peace then the guns remain in their holsters.   Without guns there will be no peace.  Dangerous governments take away guns.  Peaceful goverments let people have guns.

Do you ever post anything that actually makes sense?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

No I am certain I already know why people go off on a tangent and commit mass murder and like I said it is not because they are normal. To commit these crimes a person would have to be very very high and suffer a "psychotic break" or they are suffering from some other form of mental illness, like PTSD could also account for those actions.

That's not what made the difference in Australia. We had good metal health support before and after regulation.

Only regulations actually made a difference. There's no doubt mental health plays a big part in curbing gun violence but historical record here shows that only regulations actually had an impact. 

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Do you ever post anything that actually makes sense?

Wanting peace is a strange concept ,where people want hell.  I do understand hell is the answer to some, NOT for me..

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

And the criminals everyone keeps bringing up?

Back to uncivilized I would think. The so called great equaliser offers an unfair advantage to those who wish to take advantage of a situation. 

8 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Police forces in metropolitan areas are paid above average. Six digit salaries, not counting holiday pay and overtime. 

And yet there's not enough isn't there. Maybe five figure salaries and more cops might be a better move if you feel they are overpaid.