Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How does America's gun violence cycle end?

Grim Reaper 6

56 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Ok I see your point, you say the mentality is the same, see the photos below!!:lol: So your saying that a bunch of Armed Right-Wing Christian Militia Members Storming and entering a State Capital isn't designed to create an environment of fear and Intimidation?:lol: This little raid had nothing to do with Gun Rights, the only reason to open carry Pistols and Semi-Automatic Assault Rifles and to enter a State Capital while in session Armed was to create fear, confusion, and intimidation. ( Sponsored by our President of the United States, The governor of Michigan should negotiate with them, and put out the fire. These are very good people, Trump Chuckled. )

When the last time you saw a Gay Rights Parade marching through the Streets Armed, when was the last time a Gays Rights Group stormed a state Capital in Session and violently protested to the point where a state Governor had to be removed secretly for security concerns?

Below are LGBT parades and demonstrations designed to bring attention to their cause through intimidation and fear!!!!!!!:tsu::lol:

image.jpeg.3c05a69820b7363459029467369df625.jpegImage result for Chicago Pride Parade Hot

image.jpeg.0402591ef201f4cb10b61bfddfa26a17.jpegimage.jpeg.3a2003ae7d6c0ab95c189ba144a40f6e.jpeg

Armed Religious Right-Wing Militia Storm Michigan State Capital do notice the Hawaiian Shirts they must be Proud Boys!!:rolleyes::lol:

Image result for storming Michigan's capital while in session photo'simage.jpeg.722dee62950d16d6953b56ff008462e4.jpeg

Image result for storming Michigan's capital while in session photo'sImage result for armed Michigan Protesters Enter Capitol Building

Dont know why I should even ask,  but Diechecker are you able to see a difference?

Well considering your post only off hand mentioned the Capital Riot, ( see quote below) but expounded very much on how people dress when their lawfully carrying weapons, i thought addressing your actual QUESTION was what you would appreciate, but apparently you've got a bug up your rear about the Rioters. :gun:

Good luck with the self righteousness. :tu:

On 5/28/2021 at 5:56 AM, Manwon Lender said:

That's very possible true and I don't actually doubt it that some of them could certainly be Anarchists. But, in my opinion there are only a small portion of BLM that may meet that criteria. I think ANTIFA would better fit that description as a whole. But, the biggest concern in my opinion, are the Conservative Radicals that stormed the Capital of the United States. Along with the religious Conservative Radicals that have formed small Militias. Who also love to go to rallies and storm State Capitals, alternate political rallies, and State Court Houses playing Dress Up in Military Gear and open carrying Semi-Automatic Assualt Rifles. :lol:

Now, the groups playing dress up and open carrying Semi-Automatic Assualt Rifles are White Anglo Saxon Christian Conservatives and these groups fit the description of Anarchists more than any other group except for ANTIFA, because they are both organizations that act in the same manner. Now the problem with this dress up and open carrying of Semi-Automatic Assualt Rifles is designed for one purpose and one purpose only and that my friend is intimidation. Now, intimidation is the most common tactic that all known Anarchists use to further their cause and to try and make things happen by creating an environment of fear. 

In my opinion as a retired Soldier that has spent more than half my life in Military and Government Service these individuals are a joke. They aren't physically fit, most have beer bellies, and none of these groups I have seen to date have any discipline. In reality they are nothing but, a bunch of posers trying to impress people so that they feel better / important and powerful for the first and only time in their lives. If any of the individuals talked about in your post and my response are truely Anarchists these comically Sad individuals along with ANTIFA meet the meaning and intent of that title.

Please don't respond that dressing up and carrying those weapons is their right, because yes, I realize that it is. 

So answer this question, what purpose does dressing up and carrying Semi-Automatic Assualt Rifles to peaceful rallies serve?

Do they do this because they are in need of some form of protection?

JIMO

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Well considering your post only off hand mentioned the Capital Riot, ( see quote below) but expounded very much on how people dress when their lawfully carrying weapons, i thought addressing your actual QUESTION was what you would appreciate, but apparently you've got a bug up your rear about the Rioters. :gun:

Good luck with the self righteousness. :tu:

My friend I stated this thread to have an open discussion and I think that I have achieved my goal. I respect your opinion on the subject even though when I prove your comments were incorrect you become a little Snarky. There is nothing self Righteous about my approach to our discussion and my EGO is not controlling my comments, and as far as having a bug up my butt, well I had a bowel movement this morning so that is not possible!!:lol:

There is no comparison theoretically or other wise that compares those to two groups of Americans and their intentions other than the fact that they are both human beings and American Human beings. They are voicing their opinions on two different sides of the hunman races spectrums of emotion. One group is peacefully demonstrating to receive the civil rights they are entitled too based upon our Constitution. The other group is using rage, anger, and intimidation to force a state Government to bend to its will by obvious threat of violence.

If you honestly believe the MENTALITY is the same in both cases you need to stop and rethink your comments. You are certainly an intelligent individual everyone on this forum knows that, but like all of us at times our EGO over rules our intelligence and we say things without giving them the proper thought before we type. I am not saying your opinion is worthless or that your not entitled to it, what I am saying is that by all standards of our society your concept is a little Warped and that it's not realistically even logical. 

JIMO

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

If you honestly believe the MENTALITY is the same in both cases you need to stop and rethink your comments.

Yeah, I agree one side has rage. But... The point isn't about how You, or I, perceive those people, but.... How they perceive themselves.

The mentality of those individuals is the same in that each is convinced they are correct. Whether you believe they are wrong or right has zero to do with those people's mental states and how convinced they are of being right.

If that makes no sense, then I think you're having trouble putting yourself into those other peoples shoes. 

LGBTQ people 100% believe they should publicly display who they are, AND gun rights advocates believe 100% they should display (by way of firearms and outfits) who they are.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Just now, DieChecker said:

Yeah, I agree one side has rage. But... The point isn't about how You, or I, perceive those people, but.... How they perceive themselves.

The mentality of those individuals is the same in that each is convinced they are correct. Whether you believe they are wrong or right has zero to do with those people's mental states and convinced they are of being right.

If that makes no sense, then I think you're having trouble putting yourself into those other peoples shoes. 

No it is about how those people are perceived by our Society as whole, perception of actions also defines intent of a persons or a groups actions there for what and how they INTEND to accomplish their Goals. How they perceive themselves is only important to them and no one else, and this perception is what they sociologically base their actions upon. I have no trouble mentally placing myself in there shoes, I have seen first hand the what Armed Groups can achieve when their they use their anger to force their beliefs on others, both in the United States and abroad. I have also seen first hand how peaceful attempts by people voicing their opinion and trying to rightfully receive the fair treatment they are entitled are physically attacked just because someone can make it happen just like the photos below show.

President Trump had these Peaceful Demonstrators attacked and Gassed so that he could pose in front of a Church with a Bible!!

This first picture is how it all started.

Image result for Peaceful demonstration at the Ebeneser Church near White House

Then came the attack.

Image result for attack on demonstrators at the white house during peaceful demonstrationImage result for attack on demonstrators at the white house during peaceful demonstration

Image result for attack on demonstrators at church near white house during peaceful demonstrationImage result for attack on demonstrators at church near white house during peaceful demonstration

image.jpeg.7fe62bfcde7dcaa9fc78ccf56d9c736b.jpeg

Oh what is this!!!!:unsure:

Image result for trump in front of church with bible

Oh I know its a Bible!!!!!!!

Time to pose for the Camera, now that all those peaceful Demonstrators have paid for standing by a Church I wanted to make a political statement by!!!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DieChecker said:

The mentality of those individuals is the same in that each is convinced they are correct. Whether you believe they are wrong or right has zero to do with those people's mental states and how convinced they are of being right.

LGBTQ people 100% believe they should publicly display who they are, AND gun rights advocates believe 100% they should display (by way of firearms and outfits) who they are.

mark.jpg?resize=600%2C375

• Haha 1

5bj1a6.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:02 PM, Tatetopa said:

Do you put the guy who shot up the Congressional baseball game in a category with them, or was he just a premature 2A person who thought it was time to take up arms against a tyrannical government and decided to make the first move?

He was full of hate.  Perhaps he wanted out and wanted to find some meaning in that passage.  You seem to be equating ANY misuse of firearms as a 2A issue.  I reject that and I'm very clearly not alone in that assessment.  America's problem is not guns.  The problem is the culture, the anger, the lack of purpose for so many.  This is why I have no hope of our culture becoming better before it eventually dissolves.  Millions of people are being sold a bill of goods about guns and they are clueless about why the nation is suffering.

History is the last lesson we can reach out to and few seem interested in trying.  Most are lining up across an abyss from each other.  It might make some sort of sense IF it were actually possible to remove all guns, especially from criminals but we both know this isn't possible.  Anyone who is deluding themselves that it's possible to remove the guns need look no further than our success with removing the drugs.  Even quasi-rational adults can grasp that.  SO... since the stated goal is unachievable, what's the REAL GOAL?

This is the last line the Left need to cross.  It's a very dangerous situation and they don't seem capable of grasping it or accepting it.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 2:44 AM, DieChecker said:

Didn't you say that rural people in Australia are allowed to own guns for defence of their livestock and property?

Would you take those guns away?

Protection of livestock and crops against predators and crop grazing.

Let's not muddy definitions hey.

For personal use I'd remove them if possible, they offer the highest rate of gun death in Australia. The only people who let us down are those trusted with weapons.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 3:54 PM, Gunn said:

[sarcasm] Because you should just let the criminal break into your home, rape/maim/kill you and take your property. Criminals should get to live, while they get to do whatever the hell they want to you. It's only fair. 9 out 10 criminals agree with this. [sarcasm]

Disclaimer: The following is not meant as any form of self defense training, it is only designed to be thought provoking and it is designed to serve no other purpose. My recommendation below concerning self defense training is something to be seriously considered. But I recommend that it is under take by a professional who specializes in that form of self defense training, and I do not consider my self qualified to or do I have the will to train anyone. 

That was very funny my friend and I appreciate the Sarcasm and respect your sense of humor!:D

But being armed in your home is a worthless endeavor unless you have received training in self defense. There are organizations that offer training in self defense that teach home owners how to respond day or night and I would suggest this to any home owner who keeps a loaded pistol in their home for emergencies. The logical thing to do if you are woken up in the middle of the night by a break-in is to take cover on the side of the bed away from and facing the door. Then take aim at the door if you live alone or are married with no children and wait until the intruder opens the door and then shoot them center of mass at least twice if possible, because DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!!:yes:

If you have children you must have an advanced plan to deal with intruders, in this case its important to have a plan that has been rehearsed. Its very important to ensure that your children also understand how to react in the event of a break-in. They should be taught to respond to verbal cues that the worst has happened and that a intruder has broken into your home and then start Yelling or banging on something or another appropriate way to alert them. Once they respond, they should react to what ever plan you have developed such as going to their closet or under their bed. I believe that in most cases this will make the intruder leave in a hurry, simply because of all the noise you can make.

However, if you still hear the intruder approaching your location its time for the third part of your plan and that is to fire your weapon into the celling a few times. This is a safe method to let the intruder know your armed, and that you mean business. If this doesnt make the intruder leave, than your are only left with a single strategy, and that consists of taking up a safe position to fire from that doesnt clearly expose you and wait until you can see the intruder. Then shoot them at least two times center of mass, because again DEAD MEN TELL NO TAILS!!:yes: You may ask why it is necessary to shoot to kill, well there are two reasons this is important:

1) If have done everything above and this individual has not left your home, the individual is either mentally disturbed or the individual has been using alcohol or drugs and they are not in your home to stealing your possessions. 

2) The second reason at this stage it is important to shoot to kill, is because like I said dead above DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES.:yes: If for some reason the person is only incapacitated and they survive the event, they may attempt to sue you for shooting them, and in America today who knows what may happen!!

Peace to everyone, and hopeful this will never occur to any of you!!:yes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, and then said:

He was full of hate.  Perhaps he wanted out and wanted to find some meaning in that passage.  You seem to be equating ANY misuse of firearms as a 2A issue.  I reject that and I'm very clearly not alone in that assessment. 

Not at all.  Of course you are not alone, in fact I eject that as well.  That is why I asked if the Congressional baseball game shooter was in a separate category.

Mass shootings in shopping malls, churches or on the street are random, stupid, and evil.  Riots and burning businesses are not attacks on the government and not 2A issues even if the rioters are armed. It is just thuggery

But as Matt Gaetz recently pointed out, the purpose of 2A is not hunting or self defense, it is to overthrow the government when necessary.  He should know, he is a Congressman.   Attempted armed kidnapping of a governor, shooting at Congressmen, or breaking into a building chanting "Hang Pence" all seem to fall into that special category of exercising 2A rights.  The perpetrator may be in their right mind or not. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, acidhead said:

38 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Not at all.  Of course you are not alone, in fact I eject that as well.  That is why I asked if the Congressional baseball game shooter was in a separate category.

Mass shootings in shopping malls, churches or on the street are random, stupid, and evil.  Riots and burning businesses are not attacks on the government and not 2A issues even if the rioters are armed. It is just thuggery

But as Matt Gaetz recently pointed out, the purpose of 2A is not hunting or self defense, it is to overthrow the government when necessary.  He should know, he is a Congressman.   Attempted armed kidnapping of a governor, shooting at Congressmen, or breaking into a building chanting "Hang Pence" all seem to fall into that special category of exercising 2A rights.  The perpetrator may be in their right mind or not. 

Everything you said here is exactly right, and they certainly are 2A Issues. Anytime a gun is used in a manner that is designed to subvert through sedition or insurrection the free and safe operation of our Government it is directly a 2A issue. I would also include the following in the above crimes, the Capital Insurrection. For those few who were carrying firearms that day within or on Capital grounds or planting explosive devices they must also be considered responsible for any effect these crimes along with all the senseless mass shooting have created for the 2A.

I blame all the current problems facing 2A on two things that both our Political Parties are guilty of:

1) Relying to heavily on organizations for political donations who could really careless about the way, any form of gun is used once it is sold. For these people 2A  along with donations is the only strength they have to support their continued ability to ensure Americans are armed.

2) Because of the above our political parties both of them, have taken no serious action to find a solution that could support both 2A and curb a large percentage of the senseless killing of INOCCENT Americans just going about their daily lives. This is criminal and now that the American people are finally becoming tired of the Mass Shootings and making noise about the situation in a unified manner like never before. Gun owners Nationwide can visualize the knee Jerk reaction that is going to come from our Government in the near future. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Political Party in the White House at this time, because in either case the American people are demanding that action be taken and all politicians are afraid of losing their jobs.

Take Care Tate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

If you are proud of what you believe and what you do and how you live your life, stand up for it.  

Hundreds heard it and Matt Gaetz was recorded and quoted saying it, how  does that make it fake?  

Gaetz Tells Supporters Second Amendment Is For ‘Armed Rebellion Against The Government’

Andrew Solender
Forbes Staff
I write about politics, Congress and the Biden Administration.
Updated May 28, 2021, 06:12pm EDT

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) told supporters Thursday that they should “use” their Second Amendment rights and that the amendment’s provision of a right to bear arms is meant for “armed rebellion” rather than hunting—but on Friday he denied criticism that he was fomenting violence.

Marjorie Taylor Greene And Matt Gaetz Hold 'America First' Rally In Georgia

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) speaks at an America First Rally also attended U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor ... [+]

MEGAN VARNER/GETTY IMAGES
KEY FACTS

At a rally with Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) in Georgia, Gaetz urged the crowd to “use the Constitution,” to bolster their movement, citing the “First Amendment right to speak and assemble.”

Gaetz went on to say, “We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it,” adding that the amendment is “not about hunting, it’s not about recreation, it’s not about sports.”

Instead, Gaetz said, the Second Amendment, which grants the “right of the people to keep and bear Arms,” is about “the ability to maintain an armed rebellion against the government if that becomes necessary.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

But being armed in your home is a worthless endeavor unless you have received training in self defense. There are organizations that offer training in self defense that teach home owners how to respond day or night and I would suggest this to any home owner who keeps a loaded pistol in their home for emergencies.

I feel like a self defense class would be useful for people.

But I disagree that a gun is useless without it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

If you are proud of what you believe and what you do and how you live your life, stand up for it.  

Hundreds heard it and Matt Gaetz was recorded and quoted saying it, how  does that make it fake?  

Gaetz Tells Supporters Second Amendment Is For ‘Armed Rebellion Against The Government’

Andrew Solender
Forbes Staff
I write about politics, Congress and the Biden Administration.
Updated May 28, 2021, 06:12pm EDT

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) told supporters Thursday that they should “use” their Second Amendment rights and that the amendment’s provision of a right to bear arms is meant for “armed rebellion” rather than hunting—but on Friday he denied criticism that he was fomenting violence.

Marjorie Taylor Greene And Matt Gaetz Hold 'America First' Rally In Georgia

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) speaks at an America First Rally also attended U.S. Rep. Marjorie Taylor ... [+]

MEGAN VARNER/GETTY IMAGES
KEY FACTS

At a rally with Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) in Georgia, Gaetz urged the crowd to “use the Constitution,” to bolster their movement, citing the “First Amendment right to speak and assemble.”

Gaetz went on to say, “We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it,” adding that the amendment is “not about hunting, it’s not about recreation, it’s not about sports.”

Instead, Gaetz said, the Second Amendment, which grants the “right of the people to keep and bear Arms,” is about “the ability to maintain an armed rebellion against the government if that becomes necessary.”

Hey Tate great job dropping that Atomic Bomb on Acid Head, but while it appears he bothered you he isn't worth the effort, everybody knows he is Tripping, why else would he call himself Acid Head:lol:!!! 

Below is hide I picture to retaliatory Nuclear Strike I mentioned above, take Care my friend!!:tu:

Below is the largest Nuclear Test detonation at Bibkini Atoll, this detonation was code named Castle Bravo. It was supoose to have yield of 6 Megatons, ( 1-Megaton = 1 Million Tons of TNT ) however do to a miscalculation in the enriched lithium used in the weapon the yield of the device ended up being 15 Megatons ( little mistake :lol:). On 1 March 1954 when The Castle Bravo test occurred do to the miscalculation it was the most powerful Nuclear Weapons test that had occurred any where in the world up unlit that date and time.

P01CC6DD4-80C5-4241-896A-8A0985FF3743-3697-0000061715948B02.jpg

Edited by Manwon Lender

32 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I feel like a self defense class would be useful for people.

But I disagree that a gun is useless without it.

Your right that not in all cases guns area useless without training. However, its a published fact that the majority of people who keep guns in their homes strictly for self defense, are not capable of killing an intruder who has entered their home. The only reason to keep a gun in your home for self defense is to eliminate any threat to the personal safety of those who live in that home. So if you can't shoot an intruder with the intent to kill, a gun is no different than any other object in your home that you can throw. :yes:

JIMO

3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Your right that not in all cases guns area useless without training. However, its a published fact that the majority of people who keep guns in their homes strictly for self defense, are not capable of killing an intruder who has entered their home. The only reason to keep a gun in your home for self defense is to eliminate any threat to the personal safety of those who live in that home. So if you can't shoot an intruder with the intent to kill, a gun is no different than any other object in your home that you can throw. :yes:

JIMO

Do you have a link for said publish?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Protection of livestock and crops against predators and crop grazing.

Let's not muddy definitions hey.

For personal use I'd remove them if possible, they offer the highest rate of gun death in Australia. The only people who let us down are those trusted with weapons.

I read that there's perhaps more guns in Australia now then in 1990. They're all owned by farmers.

Read several articles where the farmers defended themselves with their guns while waiting on police to arrive. 

Its true I also read that almost all gun deaths come from the "farmer" demographic either using guns, or being shot by robbers targeting their guns.

10 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

JIMO

I'd also like to see where that fact is published.

It doesn't take much to aim a shotgun, and shoot, when the bad guy comes through the door.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

But as Matt Gaetz recently pointed out, the purpose of 2A is not hunting or self defense, it is to overthrow the government when necessary. 

As much an expert as Rep Gaetz is, I'm still going to go with the numerous SCotUS judgements. 

2A is for self defence. Do we need all the SCotUS judgements posted?

Myself, I believe the best home defense system is a canine inhabitant of your home or property. Most burglers/robbers will go somewhere else if faced with even a tiny dog.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Disclaimer: The following is not meant as any form of self defense training, it is only designed to be thought provoking and it is designed to serve no other purpose. My recommendation below concerning self defense training is something to be seriously considered. But I recommend that it is under take by a professional who specializes in that form of self defense training, and I do not consider my self qualified to or do I have the will to train anyone. 

That was very funny my friend and I appreciate the Sarcasm and respect your sense of humor!:D

But being armed in your home is a worthless endeavor unless you have received training in self defense. There are organizations that offer training in self defense that teach home owners how to respond day or night and I would suggest this to any home owner who keeps a loaded pistol in their home for emergencies. The logical thing to do if you are woken up in the middle of the night by a break-in is to take cover on the side of the bed away from and facing the door. Then take aim at the door if you live alone or are married with no children and wait until the intruder opens the door and then shoot them center of mass at least twice if possible, because DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES!!:yes:

If you have children you must have an advanced plan to deal with intruders, in this case its important to have a plan that has been rehearsed. Its very important to ensure that your children also understand how to react in the event of a break-in. They should be taught to respond to verbal cues that the worst has happened and that a intruder has broken into your home and then start Yelling or banging on something or another appropriate way to alert them. Once they respond, they should react to what ever plan you have developed such as going to their closet or under their bed. I believe that in most cases this will make the intruder leave in a hurry, simply because of all the noise you can make.

However, if you still hear the intruder approaching your location its time for the third part of your plan and that is to fire your weapon into the celling a few times. This is a safe method to let the intruder know your armed, and that you mean business. If this doesnt make the intruder leave, than your are only left with a single strategy, and that consists of taking up a safe position to fire from that doesnt clearly expose you and wait until you can see the intruder. Then shoot them at least two times center of mass, because again DEAD MEN TELL NO TAILS!!:yes: You may ask why it is necessary to shoot to kill, well there are two reasons this is important:

1) If have done everything above and this individual has not left your home, the individual is either mentally disturbed or the individual has been using alcohol or drugs and they are not in your home to stealing your possessions. 

2) The second reason at this stage it is important to shoot to kill, is because like I said dead above DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES.:yes: If for some reason the person is only incapacitated and they survive the event, they may attempt to sue you for shooting them, and in America today who knows what may happen!!

Peace to everyone, and hopeful this will never occur to any of you!!:yes:

It has and I have experience with all of that, been there, done that, except for getting sued. BTW, it's best not to fire warning shots into the ceiling. Warn the intruder, if she/he doesn't stop and keeps on, then fire center mass once they're in your sights. No sense in dicking around. Because you already warned them, it's their stupidity after that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Myself, I believe the best home defense system is a canine inhabitant of your home or property. Most burglers/robbers will go somewhere else if faced with even a tiny dog.

Yeah, even the crackheads will run away from a dog if it's big enough. Good idea, especially for physically disabled people that might live in a crappy neighborhood.

• Like 2

Below are surveys that show the number of shooting that occur on Average on a given year. According to gun advocate groups approximately 207,000 intruders or muggers are shoot by US Resident annually. However, these statistics have been proven wrong, because in 2018 when this article was written and the survey was taken, only approximately 100,000 people Nationwide were killed or treated for gunshot wounds, and most of those injuries were caused by people shooting themselves or were actually victims of an assaults'.

Below is the information I have used to base my comments on, and little if anything has changed since 2018 concerning guns and self defense.

Peace

There are compelling reasons to suspect that the true number of DGU events are exaggerated in surveys like the NSPOF and the NSDS. There are many implications of the especially high rates of DGU those surveys report that do not appear to be consistent with more-trusted sources of information. For instance, the NSDS estimates suggest that, while using a firearm for self-defense, U.S. residents likely injured or killed an opponent 207,000 times per year, but only about 100,000 people die or are treated for gunshot injuries in hospitals each year, most of whom either shot themselves or were victims of criminal assaults (Hemenway, 1997). Similarly improbable numbers of injuries are implied by self-reports of DGU in the NSPOF survey (Cook, Ludwig, and Hemenway, 1997).

The Challenges of Defining and Measuring Defensive Gun Use | RAND

The epidemiology of self-defense gun use: Evidence from the National Crime Victimization Surveys 2007–2011

The epidemiology of self-defense gun use: Evidence from the National Crime Victimization Surveys 2007–2011 (hoplofobia.info)

How Often Do People Use Guns In Self-Defense?

How Often Do People Use Guns In Self-Defense? : NPR

38 minutes ago, Gunn said:

It has and I have experience with all of that, been there, done that, except for getting sued. BTW, it's best not to fire warning shots into the ceiling. Warn the intruder, if she/he doesn't stop and keeps on, then fire center mass once they're in your sights. No sense in dicking around. Because you already warned them, it's their stupidity after that.

I know what is best, however, average miss jones and mr jones are not will to hunt and kill and intruder the way I will. In more cases than not average Law Biding Americans could not kill someone if they needed to, because its not normal for people to kill other human, and that why without training most Americans who have a gun for protection can easily become the victim and die from an intruders use of their own gun. Then you have another group again untrained who accidentally shot themselves, while trying to protect them selves. If some breaks into my home, and I wake up, that intruder has become Big Game as far as I am concerned, the only thing they will hear is the bang and the bullet hitting the bone baby!!!!!!!!!!:tu:

I have been there myself on many occasions, so reaction is nothing knew for me I know typing this right now how I will react and what the results will be!!!:yes:

Take Care Gunn!!:tu: