Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How does America's gun violence cycle end?

Grim Reaper 6

2 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

Interestingly, tarrant committed the mass shooting of Muslims with the express intent of getting NZ to enact hasty gun laws. This was despite the fact NZ laws on the books would have prevented Tarrant from owning any firearms, if the police had bothered to call their Australian counterparts as required by the law.

He won, and Aussies and Kiwis pretend that he didn't.

Never give in to terrorists, unless their goals are your goals it seems

If you actually believe that drivel, you should also agree that NZ gun owners didn't deserve their rights.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

If you actually believe that drivel, you should also agree that NZ gun owners didn't deserve their rights.

What? I lost my semi automatic rifles because of an Australian who wasn't allowed guns in Australia. He then moved to NZ, applied for a license and NZ police failed to call the Australian police to vet him. This was a legal requirement for the police.

In Tarrants manifesto, he states his number 1 goal in committing the murders was to change the gun laws of NZ.

What is drivel? What should I not believe? Why are my guns now destroyed because this criminal wanted them to be?

Edited by Knob Oddy
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

What? I lost my semi automatic rifles because of an Australian who wasn't allowed guns in Australia. He then moved to NZ, applied for a license and NZ police failed to call the Australian police to vet him. This was a legal requirement for the police.

In Tarrants manifesto, he states his number 1 goal in committing the murders was to change the gun laws of NZ.

What is drivel? What should I not believe? Why are my guns now destroyed because this criminal wanted them to be?

You're cherry-picking, Knob.

In the same paragraph, to which you refer, Tarrant says NZ gun owners deserved to lose their rights.  However, he never states it was his number one goal.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Why are my guns now destroyed because this criminal wanted them to be?

Because you didn't hide them :gun:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Because you didn't hide them :gun:

Well, we are assuming he is more than ten years old. 

8 hours ago, Knob Oddy said:

You with a gun is an unsettling thought. 

Sounds like it was a win regardless of your personal view. 

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 6:00 AM, Golden Duck said:

You're cherry-picking, Knob.

In the same paragraph, to which you refer, Tarrant says NZ gun owners deserved to lose their rights.  However, he never states it was his number one goal.

I wish I could legally quote the manifesto where he states he wants NZ to implement hasty reactive gun laws.

But I'm sure you'd just report me to the police for breaking the law

23 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I wish I could legally quote the manifesto where he states he wants NZ to implement hasty reactive gun laws.

But I'm sure you'd just report me to the police for breaking the law

He doesn't state that.  And he doesn't state it was his primary goal.

The Mods would probably remove any citation.

Do you believe the drivel he wrote?

• Like 1