Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Manwon Lender

A Conversation with the Devil

36 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)

This is a fictional account, it is designed to be a philosophical conversation: 

A Conversation with the Devil by Rabbi Max Weiman A Conversation with the Devil – Kabbalah Made Easy

This is a very interesting video, it depicts a reporter that has in some manner brought the Devil under his control and forced him to tell the truth during interview. The interview itself covers many many interesting concepts concerning the battle of Good and Evil. It is great for anyone who is searching for answers concerning how one should live their lives and avoid the pitfalls of life. I would recommend this to anyone of any age, the only down side is that the video is 3 hour's and 41 minutes long. However, I believe that anyone who choses to listen will not be disappointed and will gain some very useful insight into methods that anyone can use to have a better understanding of the driving forces of evil we see around us today. This interview can be applied to any organized religion of spiritual philosophy and I also believe that it would allow for a very good discussion. Since it is narrated from beginning to end it can be listened to anywhere, anytime.

For those who do not participate because of the time it takes to listen to this, I understand completely and thanks for your consideration!:tu:

Peace Manwon Lender

 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

I didn’t read the OP, my apologies.  But, yeah....best topic ever.  Now, the devil is a person I myself would be interested in hearing from.  Too bad he doesn’t exist.  Wait, that’s a good thing!  There is no devil.  What?  There is no devil?  Right.

But if there’s no devil, does that mean there’s no God?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
44 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

This is a very interesting video, it depicts a reporter that has in some manner brought the Devil under his control and forced him to tell the truth during interview

Didnt anne rice do this with a vampire?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
Posted (edited)

Oooh, you didnt say its known fiction,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outwitting_the_Devil

I thought something seemed familiar about it , yeah, its flawed from the start if the interviewer had control them $atan could not make demands what to be called.

 

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Oooh, you didnt say its known fiction,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outwitting_the_Devil

I thought something seemed familiar about it , yeah, its flawed from the start if the interviewer had control them $atan could not make demands what to be called.

 

Hey Bats I back in and corrected it to say it is a fictional account, thanks for bringing that up.

However, the link you provided isn't part of this thread, and it doesnt apply to the thread. Below is the link I provided above that does cover the author and the thread, along with the video I included:  A Conversation with the Devil – Kabbalah Made Easy 

Take care my friend!:tu:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
51 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I didn’t read the OP, my apologies.  But, yeah....best topic ever.  Now, the devil is a person I myself would be interested in hearing from.  Too bad he doesn’t exist.  Wait, that’s a good thing!  There is no devil.  What?  There is no devil?  Right.

But if there’s no devil, does that mean there’s no God?

The concept of this is a philosophically interview is design to understand how we view the world, and the pitfalls of not using our minds. The individual whose voice to portray the Devil throughout the entire video brings a very good point. For those who do not think for themselves they are walking the philosophical path to hell. For those who do think for themselves evil is unable to touch, because as it is explained that mind control will not effect a free thinker. Where as those who do not think for themselves are easily controlled by forces around them. But there is so more that applies to our lives, but the important thing is that the video is designed to help people understand that every aspect of our lives can be controlled by free thinking and learning to control ones emotions. But, to get a full understanding you must the watch video and I understand that is a lot to ask!!:yes:

Peace my friend:tu:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
22 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey Bats I back in and corrected it to say it is a fictional account, thanks for bringing that up.

However, the link you provided isn't part of this thread, and it doesnt apply to the thread. Below is the link I provided above that does cover the author and the thread, along with the video I included:  A Conversation with the Devil – Kabbalah Made Easy 

Take care my friend!:tu:

 

Um, the video in your OT starts with Napoleon hill, "outwitting the devil" so it very much is part of the thread you posted unless you posted the wrong video being this one below,

Sounds like you did post this video by mistake.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I didn’t read the OP, my apologies.  But, yeah....best topic ever.  Now, the devil is a person I myself would be interested in hearing from.  Too bad he doesn’t exist.  Wait, that’s a good thing!  There is no devil.  What?  There is no devil?  Right.

But if there’s no devil, does that mean there’s no God?

You never met my ex mother-in-law....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
18 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Um, the video in your OT starts with Napoleon hill, "outwitting the devil" so it very much is part of the thread you posted unless you posted the wrong video being this one below,

Sounds like you did post this video by mistake.

Bats your right the video starts with what said but it doesnt go into the subject, it immediately go to the Conversation with the devil.

Sorry about the confusion!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
56 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

You never met my ex mother-in-law....

Hi Hammer

I wish my wife would have been half the woman her mother was.:D:lol:

jmccr8

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eight bits

@the13bats is apparently correct. I googled the phrase the best of all ropes is flattery, a disinctive phrase which appears in the still frame that marks the OP video link. The first hit was the Google books sample of Hill's Outwitting the Devil. The surrounding block of text in the sample matches the still frame verbatim.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outwitting_the_Devil

Outwitting the Devil is a work of fiction that was written in 1938 by Napoleon Hill, which was considered too controversial to be published in its era.[2] The book is written as an interview between Hill (Mr. Earthbound) and the devil (our inner dark self), wherein Hill attempts to uncover the secrets to freedom and success by evaluating the greatest obstacles that humans face in order to attain their personal goals in life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eight bits
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Below is the link I provided above that does cover the author and the thread, along with the video I included:  A Conversation with the Devil – Kabbalah Made Easy 

Searching conversation with the devil on YouTube does turn up the video you posted (same assigned identification string, M_IynEEZvxw), confirming what Mr Bats said, this appears in the description below the vid:

Quote

A great read... Outwitting the Devil by Nepolean Hill.

I found the Rabbi featured in some vids, but I didn't find any where he is described in conversation with the devil. Maybe you did, and meant to post that instead of the Napoleon Hill audio book?

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
5 minutes ago, eight bits said:

@the13bats also seems correct that you posted a different video than you meant to. The "conversation" blog post near the top includes a reference to Osama bin Laden, whose life dates don't overlap Hill's. The blog's search function yields only one hit for the string Napoleon - a reference to the French empeoror, not the American insurance millionaire. Rabbi Weiman does come up in some Kabbalah vids on YouTube, but not as conversations with the devil that I could find.

Searching conversation with the devil on YouTube does turn up the video you posted (same assigned identification string, M_IynEEZvxw), confirming what Mr Bats said, this appears in the description below the vid:

 

 

Yea I dont know what went wrong with the Video, for a very brief moment the Napoleon reference does come up, but the Video jumps right Conversation with the Devil. As far as the link is concerned, I totally screwed that up. I already apologized to Bats for the mistake, and thanks for bring this up, sorry about the mistake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eight bits
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

or a very brief moment the Napoleon reference does come up, but the Video jumps right Conversation with the Devil.

I sampled the video at several points along the way, finding Napoleon Hill's typical language (drifter, hypnotic rhythym) at most stops and at 3 hours and 6 minutes, I ran the phrase "why does one's partner in marriage have so great" displayed on the screen through Google and once again got the Hill book, which had the rest of the line as it appears in the vid.

Seriously, the video is simply not about the Rabbi's conversation. Somebody is reading from Hill's book.

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, eight bits said:

I sampled the video at several points along the way, finding Napoleon Hill typical language (drifter, hypnotic rhythym) at most sops and at 3 hours and 6 minutes, I ran the phrase "why does one's partner in marriage have so great" displayed on the screen through Google and once again got the Hill book, which had the rest of the line as it appears in the vid.

Seriously, the video is simply not about the Rabbi's conversation. Somebody is reading from Hill's book.

I certainly will take your word for that, because I honestly dont know anything about Hill. So I guess I totally screwed that thread up, I was thinking for some dumb reason if people chose to listen to the video we could have a great discussion based upon it, at least that was my intention.

Sincerely sorry for wasting your time, I appreciate you taking the time to set me straight. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver
12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

But, to get a full understanding you must the watch video and I understand that is a lot to ask!!:yes:

Peace my friend:tu:

It’s not too much to ask, and I will gladly watch it.  I was just not in good enough shape to watch it last night  A lotta Saturday night celebrations and libations were going down at that time lol.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

Now I see why it’s a lot to ask.  The video is 3 hours long.  In the first 5 1/2 minutes, the devil breaks down six common fears used to harm people.  I find that cleverly conceived and executed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Hey Bats I back in and corrected it to say it is a fictional account, thanks for bringing that up.

However, the link you provided isn't part of this thread, and it doesnt apply to the thread. Below is the link I provided above that does cover the author and the thread, along with the video I included:  A Conversation with the Devil – Kabbalah Made Easy 

Take care my friend!:tu:

 

Wow..  That's... very simplistic and very flawed, even from the standpoint of non-Biblical lore.  It assumes one "right and true" viewpoint of the Universe which just happens to coincide (gee whiz) with the "American Rightwing Christian View" (i.e. Osama bin Laden (a figure I dislike, by the way) as a caricature of a bad guy -- no understanding of culture or motives or environment and why (including for reasons of power) he behaved as he did)

Gems like this are horrid shallow platitudes: "My friend, what would be the point of existence if you were left just to be good without being tested? There needs to be a moral challenge so you can put in some effort to get close to God. The reward is dependent and in proportion to the effort. That reward is what you will live with for eternity."  This envisions a deity whose sole purpose seems to be to create intelligent lifeforms and then dangle a reward so that most of them (non-Christians, etc) can fail.  It also automatically eliminates the mentally compromised (severe Downs Syndrome, for example) and those who die as infants (or in the womb), etc, etc, etc

We need a better class of deity.  We need a better devil, too.  This one could be outwitted by the average five year old. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
4 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Wow..  That's... very simplistic and very flawed, even from the standpoint of non-Biblical lore.  It assumes one "right and true" viewpoint of the Universe which just happens to coincide (gee whiz) with the "American Rightwing Christian View" (i.e. Osama bin Laden (a figure I dislike, by the way) as a caricature of a bad guy -- no understanding of culture or motives or environment and why (including for reasons of power) he behaved as he did)

Gems like this are horrid shallow platitudes: "My friend, what would be the point of existence if you were left just to be good without being tested? There needs to be a moral challenge so you can put in some effort to get close to God. The reward is dependent and in proportion to the effort. That reward is what you will live with for eternity."  This envisions a deity whose sole purpose seems to be to create intelligent lifeforms and then dangle a reward so that most of them (non-Christians, etc) can fail.  It also automatically eliminates the mentally compromised (severe Downs Syndrome, for example) and those who die as infants (or in the womb), etc, etc, etc

We need a better class of deity.  We need a better devil, too.  This one could be outwitted by the average five year old. 

I agree it's a very very strange way to approach the subject, I also don't understand what the person was thinking. When I listened to the video it almost seemed cultish in nature. 

Thanks for your comments I appreciate your thoughts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree it's a very very strange way to approach the subject, I also don't understand what the person was thinking. When I listened to the video it almost seemed cultish in nature. 

Thanks for your comments I appreciate your thoughts.

I think it was one of those "divinely inspired" conversations that are so common today and are brought to our attention because of the Information Firehose that we live in.  People have had this kind of understanding/dialogue with spirits/trees/planets/whatever you like before... it's a continual artifact of our existence.

What's unusual now is that the very trivial and shallow gets attention.  In the past, it took a major effort to get published and so we see classics like Plato or even Paul's letters in the Bible and various other thinkers.  We don't see (and they existed) the logic and "inspiration" that led people to proclaim geese and donkeys as instruments of divine will and prophets (resulting in, no kidding, a Crusade led by a donkey and a goose. The animals.  Not particularly silly kings or nobles though they were in that crowd.)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
35 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I think it was one of those "divinely inspired" conversations that are so common today and are brought to our attention because of the Information Firehose that we live in.  People have had this kind of understanding/dialogue with spirits/trees/planets/whatever you like before... it's a continual artifact of our existence.

What's unusual now is that the very trivial and shallow gets attention.  In the past, it took a major effort to get published and so we see classics like Plato or even Paul's letters in the Bible and various other thinkers.  We don't see (and they existed) the logic and "inspiration" that led people to proclaim geese and donkeys as instruments of divine will and prophets (resulting in, no kidding, a Crusade led by a donkey and a goose. The animals.  Not particularly silly kings or nobles though they were in that crowd.)

You make a very good point my friend, with the internet even the fool on the hill can get published. It takes the work out of great works and it allows anyone to find those who also think like them and will support them. If you think about this, seriously it's only going to get worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
19 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I certainly will take your word for that, because I honestly dont know anything about Hill. So I guess I totally screwed that thread up, I was thinking for some dumb reason if people chose to listen to the video we could have a great discussion based upon it, at least that was my intention.

Sincerely sorry for wasting your time, I appreciate you taking the time to set me straight. 

Causing people to think is never a waste of time :) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Causing people to think is never a waste of time :) 

That is for certain and free will is the moral of the entire conversation.:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
14 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That is for certain and free will is the moral of the entire conversation.:)

Freewill, wisdom and self  discipline :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.