Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could this be the Rendlesham Forest UFO ?

UM-Bot

Well that is completely unidentifiable.
Just wondering how they got such a clear shot of 4 lights at night back in the 80's. They would have had to have extremely sensitive film or been setup for long exposure.

• Thanks 1

Reminds me of Knight Rider KITT, with double camera exposure.

Encyclopedia of All Fantasy Everything: Episode 66: Casting a Heist Movie

Edited by MissJatti
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Look like an excavator lighting ... we see the cab too. Fit well for something in a forest...

Excavator Lights: All about LED Excavator work lights - NORDIC LIGHTS®

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, esoteric_toad said:

Well that is completely unidentifiable.
Just wondering how they got such a clear shot of 4 lights at night back in the 80's. They would have had to have extremely sensitive film or been setup for long exposure.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I'd like some details on the camera used and where the negative is.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could be Santa's sleigh.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Look like an excavator lighting ... we see the cab too. Fit well for something in a forest...

Excavator Lights: All about LED Excavator work lights - NORDIC LIGHTS®

Forestry work that late at night?

quoted from article:

The following was sent to us via e-mail (the sender wishes to remain anonymous.)

sorry, maybe this is a stupid question but who's us? This forum?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kinda looks like the lights you'd get on top of a jeep or pickup but I'd have expected it to light up its surroundings or at least the cab. 

Edited by mesuma
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here,

news-suffolk-ufo.jpg

This one just stinks really badly,  perfect centered cropped nothing image of what, running lights on a redneck truck? The image means nothing we only have the highly questable story to go on.

"anonymous" to me is a tell tale sign of hoax, then heart felt story of mum too incapacitated to be questioned, and why release it now after ren has been fairly well debunked? And Where did the guys from ren describe 4 white lights sitting there?

After 40 years he still has perfect detail of moms account, which is great but we dont know who anyone is, so presenting the picture as he did really is a waste of time.

Ps, mom took a couple pics you say, post the others please.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

running lights on a redneck truck?

Or a tractor...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The large image posted is almost square, if this is an indication of the original negative then it could have been taken with a medium format camera or more likely a 126 cartridge type film. If it was 35mm the frame has been cropped.

The later type 126 film was used in simple point and shoot cameras with limited range of exposure.

If the lights were bright enough it might be possible to get a photo but brightness would need to be within the exposure range of the cameras standard day time setting. 

Another scan of the negative over exposing the lights might pull out more detail in the surrounding negative, if its there.

Added - if this is a scan of a photo then a rescan would not help much. 

Edited by L.A.T.1961
added comment
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

The large image posted is almost square, if this is an indication of the original negative then it could have been taken with a medium format camera or more likely a 126 cartridge type film. If it was 35mm the frame has been cropped.

The later type 126 film was used in simple point and shoot cameras with limited range of exposure.

If the lights were bright enough it might be possible to get a photo but brightness would need to be within the exposure range of the cameras standard day time setting. 

Another scan of the negative over exposing the lights might pull out more detail in the surrounding negative, if its there.

Since going by the story is all you have what would you "guess" would be the most likely camera?

Im a gearhead and the pic just screams to me truck lights,

OIP.lfSzWWTgSdLCrCuMFeIDtQHaFj?w=190&h=1

Years back before everything went LED rectangular running or fog lights were popular

OIP.DbRMmmQQCB5Udb_4xGSCfgHaHa?w=190&h=1

• Like 3

14 hours ago, the13bats said:

Since going by the story is all you have what would you "guess" would be the most likely camera?

Im a gearhead and the pic just screams to me truck lights,

OIP.lfSzWWTgSdLCrCuMFeIDtQHaFj?w=190&h=1

Years back before everything went LED rectangular running or fog lights were popular

OIP.DbRMmmQQCB5Udb_4xGSCfgHaHa?w=190&h=1

There is nothing about the image to identify a particular make or model of camera, just the photo is near square and if it is reproduced here as it was originally recorded on film then its more likely to be the popular 126 ( 26x 26 mm) negative format.

To add, I would agree it could be lights on a truck or farm machine.

I would like to chat to the poster but it looks like that won't happen.

Edited by L.A.T.1961