Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Bountygate Narrative Being Walked Back.

OverSword

Guess what?  This whole Russian bounties on US soldiers (IMO) was probably just a convenient election year narrative for one of the political parties.  

A spokeswoman for President Joe Biden said the claim had "low to moderate confidence" from US spy chiefs.

Russia has denied paying the bounties. In last year's US election, Mr Biden heavily criticised Donald Trump for not confronting Russia over the claim.

It comes amid new sanctions on Russia and US plans to leave Afghanistan.

The intelligence assessment was first reported last June by the New York Times, and was cited by Mr Biden on the 2020 presidential campaign trail to accuse then-President Trump of not standing up to Russia.

Mr Trump at the time called it "fake news" and a "fake issue". He later tweeted that he was not briefed on the subject because US intelligence agents had not deemed it credible.

At a White House news briefing on Thursday, Press Secretary Jen Psaki told reporters the intelligence community had determined it had "low to moderate confidence" in the claims.

Link

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Related..

This is barely related because this now seems to be a pretty well debunked narrative that was simply being used by the press and the biden campaign to undermine trump.  It was an obvious convenient lie by those that benefited from a) not pulling out the troops, and b) those trying to smear trump during an election year.

This is really a whole new story and deserves whole new attention.

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/15/2021 at 10:53 PM, Eldorado said:

US intelligence agencies have only “low to moderate confidence” in reports last year that Russian spies were offering Taliban militants in Afghanistan bounties for killing US soldiers.

The reports in the press citing intelligence sources sparked outrage and demands from Democrats for the Trump administration to confront the Kremlin over the issue.

Unveiling a raft of sanctions against Russia on Thursday, US officials said that the allegations of Russian bounties was not one of the grounds for imposing the measures, but a warning had been sent to Moscow that there would be a punitive response if such incentives were found to have been paid in the future.

UK Guardian report

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Eldorado said:
On 4/15/2021 at 2:53 PM, Eldorado said:

US intelligence agencies have only “low to moderate confidence” in reports last year that Russian spies were offering Taliban militants in Afghanistan bounties for killing US soldiers.

UK Guardian report

Low to moderate is the way the white house states it so they don't come off as total liars.  Wake up.

Just a debunked lie now as far as I'm concerned.  When trump was asked about it he said they didn't even brief him on it because it was not found to be credible.  The press and the democrat party are the ones who made it into something.  Just a convenient political tool the form of which should never be used.  It's effectively a false flag to keep America eternally at war.  If we are out of Afghanistan buy July I'll eat my hat.  I bet there will be a sudden need to build up troops before then.  Mark my words.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

I was always pretty skeptical of that story

• Like 4

Just now, spartan max2 said:

I was always pretty skeptical of that story

I always thought it was complete bull crap myself :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I always thought it was complete bull crap myself :yes:

Yeah, it seems pretty bizarre to pay someone for something that they would do for free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yeah, it seems pretty bizarre to pay someone for something that they would do for free.

I wasn't even thinking of it in that light, you're right about that.  My whole thing was the white house discounted it but then the democratic narrative and outlets like CNN and MSNBC treated it as gospel regardless.  It just seemed too convenient of a Russia + Trump = Love  election year narrative.

Edited by OverSword

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

This is really a whole new story and deserves whole new attention.

That it will SURELY never receive.  These Lefty media outlets lie so much that they do it rather than tell the truth even when the truth is easier to justify.  This is why "legacy" media is dying and independent sources are on the rise.  People are tired of their overt propaganda.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, and then said:

That it will SURELY never receive.  These Lefty media outlets lie so much that they do it rather than tell the truth even when the truth is easier to justify.  This is why "legacy" media is dying and independent sources are on the rise.  People are tired of their overt propaganda.

Here is a good example of actual neutral and fair reporting on this fiasco.  This is also a fair editorial of this event and our corrupt media (IMO)

Edited by OverSword

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

I wasn't even thinking of it in that light, you're right about that.  My whole thing was the white house discounted it but then the democratic narrative and outlets like CNN and MSNBC treated it as gospel regardless.  It just seemed too convenient of a Russia + Trump = Love  election year narrative.

Considering what has come out about CNN in the last week, you can safely say they knew it was a lie and didn't care.

I wonder why no other news outlets other than the alternative sites i follow have mentioned the CNN Project Veritas story?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Here is a good example of actual neutral and fair reporting on this fiasco.  This is also a fair editorial of this event and our corrupt media (IMO)

You aren't taking a look at the whole picture.  Intelligence officials received intelligence that Russia offered bounties on American Soldiers.  This was included in the daily written Presidential briefings.  That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the media.  Now, we have an administration that will actually look in to Russian wrongdoings, even if they're determined to be improbable.  I mean...Trump stood next to Putin in one of the weakest moments in American history and said that he believed Putin when he said Russia didn't meddle in the elections. 

What do I take from this?  This administration will actually look in to reports involving Russia and make a determination, and not believe what Putin whispers in their ear.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

You aren't taking a look at the whole picture.  Intelligence officials received intelligence that Russia offered bounties on American Soldiers.  This was included in the daily written Presidential briefings.  That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the media.  Now, we have an administration that will actually look in to Russian wrongdoings, even if they're determined to be improbable.  I mean...Trump stood next to Putin in one of the weakest moments in American history and said that he believed Putin when he said Russia didn't meddle in the elections. 

What do I take from this?  This administration will actually look in to reports involving Russia and make a determination, and not believe what Putin whispers in their ear.

Our intelligence doesn’t give it credibility. What this administration is actually doing is further alienating Russia and increasing the chance of either open hostilities or putting Russia in a position to call our bluff.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, OverSword said:

Our intelligence doesn’t give it credibility. What this administration is actually doing is further alienating Russia and increasing the chance of either open hostilities or putting Russia in a position to call our bluff.

Russia has moved over 100,000 troops to the Ukrainian border, as well as building up troops in the arctic.  They are doing a fine job of alienating themselves, and opening up the possibility of hostilities..

51 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Russia has moved over 100,000 troops to the Ukrainian border, as well as building up troops in the arctic.  They are doing a fine job of alienating themselves, and opening up the possibility of hostilities..

Well I guess we better attack.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Well I guess we better attack.

Nah, we should just sit back and do nothing while they increase their strategic advantages...

15 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Nah, we should just sit back and do nothing while they increase their strategic advantages...

No we should take every NATO troop in Europe and gather as close to the Ukraine as possible.  If I were President that would be my call.