Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Good News

Desertrat56

Oklahoma students cheer on cafeteria manager who passed U.S. citizen test.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/oklahoma-students-cheer-on-cafeteria-manager-who-passed-us-citizenship-test/ar-BB1frby5

Feel free to add your own good news stories.

• Like 4

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Oklahoma students cheer on cafeteria manager who passed U.S. citizen test.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/oklahoma-students-cheer-on-cafeteria-manager-who-passed-us-citizenship-test/ar-BB1frby5

Feel free to add your own good news stories.

Nice. But to be honest, anyone who can't pass that test... and at the same time, they would know things that probably 80% of American citizens do not know, like the 3 branches of government, naming one senator from your home state, etc. etc.  

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Nice. But to be honest, anyone who can't pass that test... and at the same time, they would know things that probably 80% of American citizens do not know, like the 3 branches of government, naming one senator from your home state, etc. etc.  

It is not about passing the test, it is about the kids showing their appreciation to her.   If she were a crabby lunch lady no one would care if she passed the test.

I actually think that test should be administered to all high school students who want to graduate.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is not about passing the test, it is about the kids showing their appreciation to her.   If she were a crabby lunch lady no one would care if she passed the test.

I hope she was a better cook than all the lunch ladies I was the victim of.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I actually think that test should be administered to all high school students who want to graduate.

I'm not really sure they're teaching them anything useful these days. They know there are 23 genders... is it only 23 still? And they know everyone is racist. But things like geography, math, and science, I'm just not sure anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I'm not really sure they're teaching them anything useful these days. They know there are 23 genders... is it only 23 still? And they know everyone is racist. But things like geography, math, and science, I'm just not sure anymore.

Civics hasn't been taught since the 70's and that is what would give everyone the information they need to pass the citizen test.   I know you are joking but I agree that the usefulness of the education in the public schools is spotty at best and it isn't just the U.S.   Just notice how "educated" the young people are from the UK & Australia.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I hope she was a better cook than all the lunch ladies I was the victim of.

The one thing I always enjoyed at school was the lunches.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2021 at 6:29 PM, Hyperionxvii said:

Geography doesn't matter at all.  It doesn't matter where on the globe you are...if you don't know there are 23 genders then you are a racist.

Math?  That's why we have Google.  Science?  That's why we have Google.   If you don't know how to Google stuff...just Google, How to Google stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/20/2021 at 10:03 PM, joc said:

.if you don't know there are 23 genders then you are a racist.

23... but isn't that like.. "counting"??  oh.my.god :huh:

I'm not very good at math, man 

• Haha 1

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

23... but isn't that like.. "counting"??  oh.my.god :huh:

I'm not very good at math, man 

sort of counting?   No man..it isn't like counting at all.  It's more like...  okay, illustration:  When my sister and I were kids on vacation at Buffalo River in Arkansas, we learned how to whistle with our fingers.  First it was index fingers of each hand held together at tongue and lip.  But then I discovered I could whistle with the pinkys as well.  I stayed up all night in the tent just thinking of the various combinations.  Index left hand and pinky right hand..and on, and on, and on...  See...THAT is what it's like:

Let's say okay ....counting now...1. you have a guy that thinks he should be a girl.  2 A girl that thinks she should be a guy. 3.  A guy that wants to be a girl but is dating a guy that wants to be a girl so it's a kind of lesbian guy thing.  4.  A girl that wants to be a guy but is dating a guy that wants to be a girl.  Okay, so that's four...but then you gotta consider also the gay guy that wants to be a girl and the straight guy that wants to be a girl...and visa versa with the girls...Like a lesbian who thinks she should be a guy...then apply bisexuality to all that.  

I'm pretty sure that's how they come up with 23...not that there's anything wrong with all that...

• Haha 5

After a 4 week long technical inspection+maintenance session and re-certification in Bremerhaven, the vintage freight vessel CAP SAN DIEGO, which is the largest museum cargo ship in the world still in working order, came back to its home port in Hamburg this month.

Toouuut-Touuuut!

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, toast said:

After a 4 week long technical inspection+maintenance session and re-certification in Bremerhaven, the vintage freight vessel CAP SAN DIEGO, which is the largest museum cargo ship in the world still in working order, came back to its home port in Hamburg this month.

Tooot-Toooot!

That's excellent news! 

• Like 2

Successful squirrel rescue. :tu:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, joc said:

I'm pretty sure that's how they come up with 23...not that there's anything wrong with all that...

Thanks but that is just a little too challenging for me. I think I will just stick to my horoscope and tea leaves :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1