Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wasting Time with GOD

Crazy Horse

Away from the meditation mat, there is the spiritual practice of feeling - love.

Generating a sense of gratitude, of empathy, friendship, with GOD.

Talking, praying, asking questions, feeling and sensing the presence of THAT, which is unchanging.

Walking out in nature, or simply experiencing something beautiful, it is easy to get lost in an altered state of peacefulness.

So basically in a nut-shell, one thinks and feels and interacts with GOD as much as possible.

This shall have several positive results, not least of all a deeper connection to THAT whilst back upon the meditation mat.

Does anybody else "waste" time with GOD?

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Away from the meditation mat, there is the spiritual practice of feeling - love.

Talking, praying, asking questions, feeling and sensing the presence of THAT, which is unchanging.

Walking out in nature, or simply experiencing something beautiful, it is easy to get lost in an altered state of peacefulness.

So basically in a nut-shell, one thinks and feels and interacts with GOD as much as possible.

This shall have several positive results, not least of all a deeper connection to THAT whilst back upon the meditation mat.

Is there a reason you capitalize the entirety "god" every time you get the opportunity to do so?

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Is there a reason you capitalize "god" every time you get the opportunity to do so?

Yes..

It indicates THAT which is beyond, or behind, or within, and which is the source and maintainer of this dualistic universe.

The word "self" would mean the egoic self, the word "Self" would indicate our highest self before Enlightenment which would be "SELF".

AT-ONE-MENT with GOD.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Is there a reason you capitalize "god" every time you get the opportunity to do so?

The Grammar rules state that Capitalization is Corporate

Oxford manual of styles says keep away from capitalization. Doesn't give a reason though.

Can anyone actually give a definition that capitalization = English?

Principle

(ˈprɪnsɪpəl)
n
(Theology) Christian Science another word for God

So if I have a principle that is my god?

12 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes..

It indicates THAT which is beyond, or behind, or within, and which is the source and maintainer of this dualistic universe.

The word "self" would mean the egoic self, the word "Self" would indicate our highest self before Enlightenment which would be "SELF".

AT-ONE-MENT with GOD.

I know exactly what you mean.  B)  However, should GOD be God?

Edited by Dreamer screamer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dreamer screamer said:

The Grammar rules state that Capitalization is Corporate

Oxford manual of styles says keep away from capitalization. Doesn't give a reason though.

Can anyone actually give a definition that capitalization = English?

Principle

(ˈprɪnsɪpəl)
n
(Theology) Christian Science another word for God

So if I have a principle that is my god?

I should've specified: I was referring to the entire word.

12 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

16709491.jpg

It is time I feel, to build a new ark.

One made from faith and belief, but also practice, devotion, loving kindness and humility.

Not so much a physical, but an alchemical refuge from the coming deluge.

Somehow, I doubt your sarcasm is going to sufficient.

8 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

I know exactly what you mean.  B)  However, should GOD be God?

Its how I express my truth..

By all means, express yourself in any way you like..

16 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

It is time I feel, to build a new ark.

One made from faith and belief, but also practice, devotion, loving kindness and humility.

Not so much a physical, but an alchemical refuge from the coming deluge.

Somehow, I doubt your sarcasm is going to sufficient.

You first. I'll wait for the results of your efforts.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I should've specified: I was referring to the entire word.

I have to ask...  What do you mean by referring to the entire word?   Is it GOD or God?   What is your definition of the two words please?

52 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

God, gave my mother a second child who was stillborn. A child that never felt a warm embrace, the grass under his toes or rain upon his face. God, gave and took, and hurt my parents. Like so many others. 

Why in the absolute hell should I devote any of my thoughts, feelings, and actions towards a monster like that? 

• Like 4

Just now, Xeno-Fish said:

God, gave my mother a second child who was stillborn. A child that never felt a warm embrace, the grass under his toes or rain upon his face. God, gave and took, and hurt my parents. Like so many others. 

Why in the absolute hell should I devote any of my thoughts, feelings, and actions towards a monster like that? 

Why not?

It cant be any worse than that monster called hate that you cherish so much nowadays.

9 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Why not?

It cant be any worse than that monster called hate that you cherish so much nowadays.

Hate? Strong word. You do know that if all things come from god, then hate is one of them. All the good and evil in this world come from god. There is no single side. God, the devil, one in the same. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Touchy subject, but I feel this might be useful.   You think GOD is a monster?  This gives a bit of different perspective on things.

6 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Hate? Strong word. You do know that if all things come from god, then hate is one of them. All the good and evil in this world come from god. There is no single side. God, the devil, one in the same. 

:no:  Doesn't work like that at all.  You are only looking around at the world as seeing what you want to see.  There is more to see if you want to see it. 

23 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

I have to ask...  What do you mean by referring to the entire word?   Is it GOD or God?   What is your definition of the two words please?

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Are you deliberately being obtuse?

No! I am asking a question.   If you can't answer it, say so. 

8 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Why are you even talking to me?

The last time we spoke, I offered you the chance to know for yourself, what it is that is being spoken about, concerning GOD.

And you refused, twice.

So you belittle, complain, ridicule and mock those with faith, and then, when offered a direct knowledge of THAT, albeit only a little taste, you refuse.

So why are you even talking to me?

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Why are you even talking to me?

The last time we spoke, I offered you the chance to know for yourself, what it is that is being spoken about, concerning GOD.

And you refused, twice.

So you belittle, complain, ridicule and mock those with faith, and then, when offered a direct knowledge of THAT, albeit only a little taste, you refuse.

So why are you even talking to me?

Hypocrisy is what I see in you. You consider others who don't follow you/s spiritual path to lesser people than yourself. You speak of godliness yet hate others.

• Like 5

Hypocrisy is what I see in you. You consider others who don't follow you/s spiritual path to lesser people than yourself. You speak of godliness yet hate others.

Yeah,,,

That would be the hate that you cherish so much shaping your world.

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yeah,,,

That would be the hate that you cherish so much shaping your world.

Splinters and planks. 

Splinters and planks. 

One may see these words as hateful, and hypocritical, or you may see those words as harsh but fair, or one may see them as loving sentiments straight from the heart.

Its up to the individual.

And so, spending time with the presence of GOD, away from formal meditation, will not only help that meditation practice, but we help one see the world in a different light altogether.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked